Saturday, March 25, 2017

Ed Sheeran (7) - March 25, 2017

Image result for castle on the hill ed sheeran
This week had a lot of activity, as we did have some interesting jumps into the top 10. There was some bad stuff this week too. I'll be adding some sidenotes next to some of the songs, which will be italicized. Here is the only exit:

John Legend - Love Me Now
Last Week: #45 | Peak: #09 | Weeks on Chart: 15

Here is the countdown:

45. Daya - Words
Last Week: #44 | Peak: #21 | Weeks on Chart: 08

44. X Ambassadors - Unsteady

Last Week: #43 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 50?!?!

43. Bebe Rexha - I Got You

Last Week: #42 | Peak: #13 | Weeks on Chart: 07

42. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For the Weekend

Last Week: #41 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 32

41. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You
(Not a color-coding error)

Last Week: #26 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 27

40. Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me
(Cry) (Flop?!)

Last Week: #31 | Peak: #26 | Weeks on Chart: 05

39. James Hersey - Miss You
(What???)

Last Week: #24 | Peak: #24 | Weeks on Chart: 03

38. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know

Last Week: #39 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 23

37. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side to Side

Last Week: #37 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 22

36. Niall Horan - This Town

Last Week: #38 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 25

35. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic

Last Week: #40 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 24 (Imagine if this leaves next week...)

34. Panic! at the Disco - L.A. Devotee

Last Week: #36 | Peak: #34 | Weeks on Chart: 02

33. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy

Last Week: #33 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 25

32. Alessia Cara - Scars to Your Beautiful

Last Week: #25 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 23

31. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye (DEBUT)
(Alright!)

Last Week: #__ | Peak: #31 | Weeks on Chart: 01

30. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul
(JUMP!)

Last Week: #32 | Peak: #21 | Weeks on Chart: 08

29. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better

Last Week: #29 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 40

28. Rihanna - Love on the Brain

Last Week: #35 | Peak: #21 | Weeks on Chart: 08

27. Imagine Dragons - Believer

Last Week: #30 | Peak: #27 | Weeks on Chart: 02

26. AJR - Weak

Last Week: #22 | Peak: #21 | Weeks on Chart: 04

25. Panic! at the Disco - Death of a Bachelor

Last Week: #23 | Peak: #07 | Weeks on Chart: 27

24. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel it Coming
(What the hell?!?)

Last Week: #20 | Peak: #12 | Weeks on Chart: 10

23. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
(Thank you)

Last Week: #11 | Peak: #11 | Weeks on Chart: 16

22. Jon Bellion - All Time Low

Last Week: #27 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 21

21. Julia Michaels - Issues

Last Week: #19 | Peak: #17 | Weeks on Chart: 08

20. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens

Last Week: #21 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 33

19. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On

Last Week: #18 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 15

18. Adele - Water Under the Bridge

Last Week: #09 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 17

17. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me

Last Week: #14 | Peak: #14 | Weeks on Chart: 05

16. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons

Last Week: #08 | Peak: #08 | Weeks on Chart: 16

15. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained to the Rhythm

Last Week: #10 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 06

14. Train - Play That Song

Last Week: #13 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 18

13. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay

Last Week: #16 | Peak: #13 | Weeks on Chart: 04

12. Maroon 5  - Cold

Last Week: #03 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 06

11. The Chainsmokers - Paris

Last Week: #12 | Peak: #11 | Weeks on Chart: 08

10. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy
Last Week: #34 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 05

09. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like

Last Week: #05 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 07

08. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap
Last Week: #17 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 12

07. Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever

Last Week: #04 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 15

06. Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill
(no)

Last Week: #15 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 06

05. Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving 
(Oh crap)

Last Week: #27 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 28

04. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
Last Week: #02 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 32

03. Shawn Mendes - Mercy

Last Week: #06 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 12

02. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things

Last Week: #07 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 11

01. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
Last Week: #01 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 11

Biggest Drop: Tie between DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You (26-41) and James Hersey - Miss You (24-39, 15 spots)

Biggest Jump: Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (34-10, 24 spots)

March 29, 2014 - Top 5
5. Pharrell Williams – Happy (9.5/10)
4. 
Bastille – Pompeii (8/10)
3. 
Katy Perry – Dark Horse (9.5/10)
2. 
OneRepublic – Counting Stars (9/10)
1. 
Pitbull/Kesha – Timber (10/10)


March 29, 2014 - Debuts
35. Lady Gaga – G.U.Y. (8.5/10)
33. 
Naughty Boy/Sam Smith – La La La (9/10)


March 28, 2015 - Top 5
5. Maroon 5 – Sugar (9.5/10)
4. Ellie Goulding – Love Me Like You Do (10/10)
3. Taylor Swift – Style (8.5/10)
2. Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud (8/10)
1. Taylor Swift – Blank Space (#6 of all time)

March 28, 2015 - Debuts
32. Echosmith – Bright (8.5/10)
30. Nick Jonas – Chains (10/10)
22. Sam Smith/John Legend – Lay Me Down (6.5/10)

March 26, 2016 - Top 5
5. Zayn Malik – Pillowtalk (9/10)
4. Rachel Platten – Stand By You (9/10)
3. One Direction – Perfect (8.5/10)
2. Flo Rida – My House (9/10)
1. Charlie Puth – One Call Away (7/10)

March 26, 2016 - Debuts
37. G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha – Me, Myself, and I (9/10)
29. One Direction – History (9.5/10)
26. Fifth Harmony – Work From Home (10/10)

New Entrant
I've loved Rockabye for quite a while now, and I never thought it would get this popular. By that I mean it's currently #8 on the radio charts. It is a single mother anthem, a great thing. Anne-Marie's verses are really good as well as the drop.

Hit-Bound
  • Ariana Grande/Future - Everyday
  • One Ok Rock - American Girls
  • The Vamps/Matoma - All Night
  • Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign - Swalla
  • The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This
  • Coin - Talk Too Much
  • Little Mix - Touch
  • Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide
  • Snakehips/MØ - Don't Leave
  • Erin Bowman - Good Time Good Life (DEBUT)
  • Lorde - Green Light
  • MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low
  • Ocean Park Standoff - Good News
  • Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake
Good Time Good Life is pretty good even if it's by an unpopular artist. It's fun if you ask me.

Top 5 Picks
5. Lorde - Green Light
4. Coin - Talk Too Much
3. Little Mix - Touch
2. One Ok Rock - American Girls
1. Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign - Swalla

Rockablurb
Let me get this straight, since Shape of You and Castle on the Hill were released at the same time and Shape of You got much more radio popularity, then shouldn't Castle on the Hill be treated like a promotional single? If so, why is a "promotional single" almost in the top 5, I wish New Man was replacing this!

Something is telling me that HandClap is somehow going to hit #1 soon, I don't know why.

I'm fine with Love Me Now leaving. It was never really good anyway.

I did grow into Let Me Love You a little. I can't consider it a bad song.

Why are Make Me (Cry) and Miss You dropping??? This isn't even funny, Hits 1. You put these artists on your channel, now you need to get these songs to do well.

At least L.A. Devotee isn't jumping too much. Taking a break from emo, I see?

Why is Treat You Better higher up than Heavydirtysoul? The former is an old teen pop song that many of us do not like anymore, and the latter is a really cool and underrated alternative song.

So Love on the Brain actually took a jump. I'm fine with that.

How is I Feel it Coming not in the top 20?!?! Stop underrating these great songs! Plus, it's popular too.

How in the world is Heathens back in the top 20? This isn't popular anymore.

I'm really glad to see Stay doing well here. I have a good feeling this will hit top 10.

I would not have expected Heavy to jump to the top 10 so quickly. That's definitely a great thing though.

That's What I Like dropped out of the top 5, but it's still in the top 10. I'm not surprised though since it's one of the biggest songs in America.

I'm shocked to see Starving in the top 5 again. I'm okay with it back up there but it definitely should go back to the 20s again soon.

Closer should at least be out of the top 5 by now, and out of the top 10 in a couple of weeks.

I'm also shocked to see Bad Things hitting a new peak. I thought this would just keep going down the countdown but definitely happy with it here. I'd actually like to see it hit #1 because we've had the same #1 for 7 weeks in a row, even though I love that song more.

Top 5 Picks
5. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul
4. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye
3. Bebe Rexha - I Got You
2. Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry)
1. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You

Top 20 Review

-1 -Worst Song
NONE

0-Crap
NONE

1-Bad
NONE

2-Old
20. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#20)
19. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#4)

18. Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill (#6)
17. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#19)
16. Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving (#5)

3-Decent
15. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#3)
14. Adele - Water Under the Bridge (#18)
13. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons (#16)
12. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#11)

4-Good
11. Train - Play That Song (#14)
10. Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#7)
9. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#17)
8. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#10)
7. Maroon 5  - Cold (#12)
6. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained to the Rhythm (#15)

5-Great
5. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay (#13)
4. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#9)
3. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap (#8)
2. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things (#2)

6-Best Song
1. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You (#1)

Total: 72/100 (Good)
Last Week: 74/100 (Good)

#40Friday will be out soon, so when it's out, be sure to check it out and comment on it. However, my top 5 picks and top 20 review are literally a spoiler.

Most Missed Song/Hit-Bound Dropout: Troye Sivan/Alessia Cara - Wild

#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Sabrina Carpenter - Thumbs, Marian Hill - Down, Jax Jones/Raye - You Don't Know Me, how 'bout dat Hits 1?

1st Amendment to .'s Blog Rules
I would like to "amend" my commenting rules. I have two things to change:
  • No "#team_____" or "#teamno_____"
  • When introducing a person to the blog, do not say your username, as everyone can see it when you post a comment.
Guess the song!
I haven't done this in two weeks. I've been thinking about it this week, so I'm going to do two songs today instead of one.

Song A:

  • On the WC, I dropped at least 15 spots, twice, from the same position, but on different weeks. [1. What position did I drop from?]
  • I debuted on the same week as a song that hit #1, which was purple for Adrian sometime in its tenure. [2. What song?]
  • When I debuted, Walk the Moon - Shut Up and Dance was in green for Adrian. [3. What color was SUAD on the same week for Jack? You must use his color code.]
  • [4. What song am I? Comment if you need another hint.]
Song B:

  • I was never on the WC or Hit-Bound. [No question]
  • I peaked in the top 5 on the Hot 100, but I am not currently on that chart. [1. What week did I leave the Hot 100? Your answer must be the way how Billboard dates the charts.]
  • I peaked in the top 15 on #40Friday, but not the top 10. [2. What spot did I peak at?]
  • [3. What song am I? Comment if you need another hint.]

60 comments:

  1. You know Stone Cold isn't on HitBound right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know that. When I said "No it isn't" it was supposed to mean "No it isn't on Hit-Bound."

      Delete
  2. A: Marlon Roudette - When The Beat Drops Out
    B: Desiigner - Panda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy about your #2 pick and your fifth blurb. And I'm mad about #40 and #21 as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For hit-Bound Rockabye debuted the countdown and Erin Bowman-Good time, good life debuted, Besides that everything's the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks! You haven't commented in a while. And omg Chase no. I won't say what his comment said.

      Delete
  6. Guess The Song
    1. I was on HitBound for 1 week.
    2. I debuted in a 3 exit week and left in a 2 exit week.
    3. I was the only debut in the week I debuted that was sung by a male.
    4. I jumped from 34 to 22 on my 2nd week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What were all the 3 and 2 exit weeks in 2016? I didn't memorize for that year.

      Delete
    2. I can memorize for 2015.
      3-Jan: 0
      10-Jan: 5
      17-Jan: 5
      24-Jan: 0
      31-Jan: 4
      7-Feb: 5
      14-Feb: 1
      21-Feb: 6
      28-Feb: 4
      7-Mar: 2
      14-Mar: 4
      21-Mar: 2
      28-Mar: 4
      4-Apr: 1
      11-Apr: 3
      18-Apr: 4
      25-Apr: 4
      2-May: 0
      9-May: 4
      16-May: 2
      23-May: 4
      30-May: 7
      6-Jun: 2
      13-Jun: 2
      20-Jun: 1
      27-Jun: 2
      4-Jul: 3
      11-Jul: 3
      18-Jul: 0
      25-Jul: 4
      1-Aug: 2
      8-Aug: 2
      15-Aug: 2
      22-Aug: 1
      29-Aug: 6
      5-Sep: 1
      12-Sep: 4
      19-Sep: 4
      26-Sep: 4
      3-Oct: 0
      10-Oct: 4
      17-Oct: 3
      24-Oct: 7
      31-Oct: 2
      7-Nov: 2
      14-Nov: 2
      21-Nov: 6
      28-Nov: 1
      5-Dec: 3
      12-Dec: 2
      19-Dec: 4
      26-Dec: 2

      I did that in like 3 minutes so possibly 1 or 2 will be wrong.

      Delete
    3. All the 3 exit weeks in 2016 happened in Feb 6, Feb 13, Apr 2, Apr 4, Apr 30, May 14, May 21, Jun 11, Jul 30, Aug 20, Sep 24, Oct 08, & Nov 5

      Delete
    4. I can remember the amount of exits in 2014.
      4 Jan 0
      11 Jan 6
      18 Jan 3
      25 Jan 2
      1 Feb 2
      8 Feb 5
      15 Feb 0
      22 Feb 2
      1 Mar 3
      8 Mar 5
      15 Mar 2
      22 Mar 4
      29 Mar 3
      5 Apr 1
      12 Apr 3
      19 Apr 5
      26 Apr 4
      3 May 4
      10 May 5
      17 May 3
      24 May 1
      21 May 3
      7 Jun 2
      14 Jun 4
      21 Jun 4
      28 Jun 4
      5 Jul 4
      12 Jul 2
      19 Jul 2
      26 Jul 4
      2 Aug 3
      9 Aug 4
      16 Aug 3
      23 Aug 1
      30 Aug 6
      6 Sep 1
      13 Sep 4
      20 Sep 4
      27 Sep 3
      4 Oct 2
      11 Oct 6
      18 Oct 2
      25 Oct 6
      1 Nov 5
      8 Nov 2
      15 Nov 3
      22 Nov 2
      29 Nov 1
      6 Dec 4
      13 Dec 6
      20 Dec 2
      27 Dec 2

      Delete
    5. Oh yeah, we haven't had a single 4+ exit week in 2017 except for 50 days ago which had 6.

      Delete
    6. Also, Oct 3, 2015 having no exits do bring me bad memories of my 16tj birthday weekend.

      Delete
    7. Yes, maybe, could you memorize all the exits each week had in 2013? You should try and if you don't know, the guess.

      Delete
    8. And yes, it was Pillowtalk.

      Delete
    9. I had to delete some of those comments because it took up too much space in the comment section.

      Delete
    10. Bahaha I'm serious when I say that I can't remember how many exits one week in 2015 or 2016 had.

      Delete
    11. I remember all the exits today, 5 years ago (in no specific order).
      Katy Perry - The One That Got Away
      Bruno Mars - It Will Rain
      Selena Gomez - Love You Like A Love Song
      Forgot The Singer - Don't Stop (Colors On The Walls)
      LMFAO - Sorry For Party Rocking
      Mac Miller - Knock Knock

      Delete
    12. All those exits were good except for Knock Knock.

      Delete
    13. And I'm counting it on my current opinion on them.

      Delete
    14. *Foster the People. Well, you had the amount of letters in each word correct :D

      Delete
  7. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Drake - Passionfruit

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://sxmhits1.blogspot.com/2017/03/ed-sheeran-5-week-of-march-11-2017.html?showComment=1490387549072&m=1#c3285577851453467872

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unsteady will leave this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's see if April 8 will have 7 exits. I hope so.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. Just like 09/06/14, this will be a really good 1 exit week.

      Delete
  10. I'm surprised I haven't found this blog until now. I really like all the detail there is about the Weekend Countdown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Also, I'm rooting for Down on the Alt-18 chart!

      Delete
  11. Any last-minute guesses for guessing the songs? Try to answer the questions too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Countdown post will be out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete