Saturday, April 1, 2017

Ed Sheeran (8) - April 1, 2017

Image result for ed sheeran
Hey guys! Sorry this post is out late. The countdown was not fully revealed until about evening on Saturday. I was sick with an "allergic reaction" this week, so I took 3 days of school off. I was never allergic to anything in my life though. Okay, you guys probably don't care, so let's get to the countdown. Oh, actually, I do need to add something. It was April Fools' Day on Saturday. Just going to let you know that there are no jokes in this post.

This week was another boring 1-exit week. We have not had a 3-exit week in a month, and a 4+ exit week in two months. This exit, however, was one of the most hated countdown songs by us in the past year. It's been through ups and downs, literally. It went as low as #44 about two months into its countdown run, and then went to peak at #6. My opinion also changed on it, as it was originally good, then bad, then good, then bad. It was the oldest song on the countdown, so here it is:

X Ambassadors - Unsteady
Last Week: #44 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 50

Now, here's the countdown:

45. Daya - Words
Last Week: #45 | Peak: #21 | Weeks on Chart: 09

44. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend
Last Week: #42 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 33

43. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You
Last Week: #41 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 28

42. Niall Horan - This Town
Last Week: #36 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 26

41. Bebe Rexha - I Got You
Last Week: #43 | Peak: #13 | Weeks on Chart: 08

40. Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry)
Last Week: #40 | Peak: #26 | Weeks on Chart: 06

39. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side
Last Week: #37 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 23

38. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
Last Week: #38 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 24

37. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy
Last Week: #33 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 26

36. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee
Last Week: #34 | Peak: #34 | Weeks on Chart: 03

35. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
Last Week: #35 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 25

34. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful
Last Week: #32 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 24

33. James Hersey - Miss You
Last Week: #39 | Peak: #24 | Weeks on Chart: 04

32. AJR - Weak
Last Week: #26 | Peak: #21 | Weeks on Chart: 05

31. Rihanna - Love On The Brain
Last Week: #28 | Peak: #21 | Weeks on Chart: 09

30. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
Last Week: #29 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 41

29. Adele - Water Under The Bridge
Last Week: #18 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 18

28. Ariana Grande/Future - Everyday (DEBUT)
Last Week: #__ | Peak: #28 | Weeks on Chart: 01

27. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On
Last Week: #19 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 16

26. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
Last Week: #20 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 34

25. Jon Bellion - All Time Low
Last Week: #22 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 22

24. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor
Last Week: #25 | Peak: #07 | Weeks on Chart: 28

23. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye
Last Week: #31 | Peak: #23 | Weeks on Chart: 02

22. Imagine Dragons - Believer
Last Week: #27 | Peak: #22 | Weeks on Chart: 03

21. Julia Michaels - Issues
Last Week: #21 | Peak: #17 | Weeks on Chart: 09

20. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming
Last Week: #24 | Peak: #12 | Weeks on Chart: 11

19. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons
Last Week: #16 | Peak: #08 | Weeks on Chart: 17

18. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul
Last Week: #30 | Peak: #18 | Weeks on Chart: 09

17. Train - Play That Song
Last Week: #14 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 19

16. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm
Last Week: #15 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 07

15. Maroon 5 - Cold
Last Week: #12 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 07

14. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay
Last Week: #13 | Peak: #13 | Weeks on Chart: 05

13. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
Last Week: #23 | Peak: #11 | Weeks on Chart: 17

12. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
Last Week: #17 | Peak: #12 | Weeks on Chart: 06

11. The Chainsmokers - Paris
Last Week: #11 | Peak: #11 | Weeks on Chart: 09

10. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy
Last Week: #10 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 06

09. Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
Last Week: #07 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 16

08. Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving
Last Week: #05 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 29

07. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap
Last Week: #08 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 13

06. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things
Last Week: #02 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 12

05. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill
Last Week: #06 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 07

04. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
Last Week: #09 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 08

03. Shawn Mendes - Mercy
Last Week: #03 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 13

02. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
Last Week: #04 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 33

01. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
Last Week: #01 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 12

Biggest Drop: Adele - Water Under the Bridge (18-29, 11 spots)
Biggest Jump: Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul (30-18, 12 spots)

April 5, 2014 - Top 5
5. Lorde – Team (9/10)
4. Pitbull/Ke$ha – Timber (10/10)
3. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (9/10)
2. Katy Perry – Dark Horse (9.5/10)
1. Bastille – Pompeii (8/10)

April 5, 2014 - Debuts
28. Justin Timberlake  Not A Bad Thing (2/10)

April 4, 2015 - Top 5
5. Ellie Goulding – Love Me Like You Do (10/10)
4. One Direction – Night Changes (1/10)
3. Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk (#13 of all time)
2. Taylor Swift – Style (9/10)
1. Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud (8/10)

April 4, 2015 - Debuts
NONE

April 2, 2016 - Top 5
5. One Direction – Perfect (8.5/10)
4. Twenty One Pilots – Stressed Out (10/10)
3. Charlie Puth – One Call Away (7/10)
2. DNCE – Cake By The Ocean (9/10)
1. Flo Rida – My House (9/10)

April 2, 2016 - Debuts
40. Elle King – America's Sweetheart (10/10)
38. Shawn Hook – Sound Of Your Heart (9/10)
36. Tryon – Somebody To Love Me (9.5/10)

New Entrant
Everyday is a little catchy. It won't debut #40Friday though. The lyrics are quite vulgar. It's starting to flop on radio a little, so I don't see it staying here long. And that's all I have to say about it.

Hit-Bound
  • Snakehips/MØ - Don't Leave
  • Ocean Park Standoff - Good News
  • Erin Bowman - Good Time Good Life
  • Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide
  • Jon Bellion - Overwhelming (DEBUT)
  • MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low 
  • Lorde - Green Light
  • Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake
  • The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This
  • The Vamps/Matoma - All Night
  • One Ok Rock - American Girls
  • Little Mix - Touch
  • Coin - Talk Too Much
  • Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign - Swalla
It's official, Hits 1 is only adding songs to their station from artists they like. There are so many hits/future hits that can be added to this station *cough* Down *cough*...

Top 5 Picks
5. Lorde - Green Light
4. Coin - Talk Too Much
3. Little Mix - Touch
2. One Ok Rock - American Girls
1. Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign - Swalla

Everyblurb
Lmao. Is Hits 1 actually underrating a P!ATD song? I never would have expected this.

Glad to see a jump from Miss You, hopefully it hits top 20.

The biggest jump was probably the best thing that happened this week. I am really enjoying it now and even though it's not a hit I want to see it in the top 10 soon.

I'm finding it hard to believe that Cold was actually in the top 3 for a week. If we only looked at its current position, last week position, and weeks on chart so far, it would look like it only peaked at #12 or so.

Of course Say You Won't Let Go is back in the top 15. On the radio charts, it's showing signs of flopping soon, so I hope that happens.

Oh well Bad Things, thanks for trying. You were so close to #1 but did not quite get it.

We have two interesting top 5 entrants. First is Castle on the Hill, which I have upgraded to "decent". I guess it's not too bad but it isn't really a big radio hit yet so I guess Hits 1 likes it.

Second was That's What I Like. I hope it hits #1 here but something tells me that won't happen. I'm still a little surprised that this was a bigger hit than 24K Magic, not just on this chart.

I doubt Mercy will hit #1 at this point.

Get ready for a rant.





#2 makes me want to vomit. Well, not literally, I just needed to add a hyperbole to this blurb. It is #20 on the radio charts, #17 on the Hot 100, #38 on the Spotify charts (USA) and #2 here. It first hit #1 here exactly 6 months ago. Yes, that's a half of a year. It peaked at #10 on #40Friday and now it's really close to being a bad song. I really would not want to hate it, but thanks to Hits 1, it's pretty close. And seriously, do not pull a Heathens and hit #1 three months after you last did, which would be 4 months for this song. If this is in the top 2 for another week, I'm putting it in red. If the following is reading this, you have my permission to copy and paste this to your post but you must say I typed it: Sasha, Graham, WAMB10, or Chase.



I'm honestly kinda sick of seeing the same #1 every single week now. Don't get me wrong, I still love Shape of You, but I think it's had enough time at #1. I'd prefer That's What I Like at #1 instead.

Top 5 Picks
Same exact picks as my top 5 on #40Friday.

Top 20 Review

-1 -Worst Song
20. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#13)


0-Crap
NONE

1-Bad
NONE

2-Old
19. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#2)
18. Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving (#8)


3-Decent
17. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#3)
16. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#5)
15. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#11)
14. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons (#19)


4-Good
13. Train - Play That Song (#17)
12. Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#9)
11. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#12)
10. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#10)
9. Maroon 5 - Cold (#15)
8. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm (#16)


5-Great
7. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay (#14)
6. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap (#7)
5. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things (#6)
4. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#4)
3. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming (#20)
2. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#1)
1. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul (#18)


6-Best Song
NONE

Total: 74/100 (Good)
Last Week: 72/100 (Good)

#40Friday is out. Make Me (Cry) is #1! Read it HERE and be sure to comment on it.

Most Missed Songs: Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills and John Newman - Love Me Again

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Anything that's a great song for me.

2nd Amendment to .'s Blog Rules
I should have mentioned this last week, but you are allowed to use "#team_____" or "#teamno_____" for songs only. You can not use this with people, whether it's a singer or a blog commenter.

Guess the song
One of the two songs was not answered last week, so here are the answers to the questions, if I remember correctly:

A1. #24
A2. Panic! at the Disco - Victorious
A3. Blue
A4. Hozier - Someone New
B1. March 11, 2017
B2. #12
B3. Zay Hilfigerrr/Zayion McCall - Juju on That Beat

Now here's a song to guess:
  • I debuted the WC in 2014. [1. How many exits did my debut week have?]
  • My artist had one other song on the WC, and it left in 2017. [2. What color did Adrian have that song in when it left?]
  • My artist also has another song that could possibly be a hit soon, but it's not on Hits 1 yet. [3. What position is this song in on the radio chart for April 2, 2017?]
  • [4. What song am I? Comment if you need another hint.]

36 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. And your debut week had 5 Exits.

      Delete
    2. Incorrect, I wouldn't think that Beauty and the Beast would be a radio hit.

      However, the song's debut week did have 5 exits.

      Delete
    3. Correct. Answers to the questions?

      Delete
    4. Oh well. I like doing that but I guess it isn't going to work. Here were the answers if I remember correctly.

      1. 5 exits
      2. Pink
      3. #41
      4. You got the answer right.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Not sure if this was your case, but my face got really swollen and I had to stay home from school for 3 days. I went to an allergist too. Now I have small bumps on my hands, and my neck itches (this is still happening btw). I used creams/lotion and took Benadryl, Zyrtec, steroids. Getting tested on Thursday.

      Delete
    2. It's certainly crazies.

      Delete
  3. When you mentioned that there was a rant that would be here, I thought for sure that it would be on #11. But no, alas. (On that note, Pulse Music Board predicts that Say You Won't Let Go is already set for the Year-End Hot 100, so make of that what you will.) I guess Closer didn't stick with you in the long run like certain other massive smashes have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you meant #13. It's a shame it'll be on the year-end Hot 100, as it did peak at #21 there. And yeah, Closer didn't stick with me. What certain other massive smashes that stuck with me were you talking about? I know that one I should mention is Scars to Your Beautiful, which I'm not even sick of at all. It wasn't ever a really special song, so I don't even know how it stuck with me.

      Delete
  4. Nice post!

    I had never had allergies before and I randomly got them a few years ago from pollen in the Spring. If it wasn't something with food, I'd guess that was what it was.

    I'm glad to see someone else hate Not A a Bad Thing and Night Changes (considering its rare for you to dislike a song) as those were 2 of my most hated songs of 2014/2015.

    Yep, it does look like Everyday is flopping. Too bad since it's my favorite single off Dangerous Woman so far. When Dogstarradio is back up, if it's losing a lot of airplay then it's almost official.

    Say You Won't Let Go has been doing nothing for a while now, but I wouldn't call it a flop. It has been on the Billboard for a decent amount of time now and just missed the top 20.

    I don't think that Closer is really much worse than Shape Of You as they're close to even, but I still do hate it at this point. It shouldn't still be this high. I feel so bad for much I hated on Uptown Funk now. :P

    And for a song to be great, does it have to be a 10 out of 10?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and yes, for a song being great it does have to be a 10/10. I'd say every week, I'd classify the top 20-23 songs on #40Friday as great or a 10/10 or pink. In a few weeks, I'd consider my #2-#5 picks on Hit-Bound as great songs since they would be higher up on #40Friday.

      Delete
  5. What are your Spotify playlists called?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you mean, why?

      Delete
    2. Well to listen to them, if you don't want me to it's fine.

      Delete
    3. I wouldn't really want anyone listening to my playlists anymore, I just like to use Spotify to myself.

      Delete
  6. Exits:
    x40. Make Me (Cry)
    x43. Let Me Love You
    x45. Words

    Bottom 15:
    45. Love on the Brain (-14)
    44. Death of a Bachelor (-20, biggest drop)
    43. I Got You (-2)
    42. Hymn For the Weekend (+2)
    41. Side to Side (-2)
    40. Lights Down Low (DEBUT)
    39. Starboy (-2)
    38. This Town (+4)
    37. Don't Leave (DEBUT)
    36. Don't Wanna Know (+2)
    35. 24K Magic (=)
    34. All Night (DEBUT)
    33. L.A. Devotee (+3)
    32. Scars to Your Beautiful (+2)
    31. Heathens (-5)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're not even in the top 20 yet and we already have 3 top 10 exits.

      Delete
    2. Middle 15:
      30. Everyday (-2)
      29. Treat You Better (+1)
      28. Water Under the Bridge (+1)
      27. Miss You (+6)
      26. Heavy (-16)
      25. Just Hold On (+2)
      24. Bad Things (-18)
      23. Weak (+9)
      22. All Time Low (+3)
      21. I Don't Wanna Live Forever (-12)
      20. Chained to the Rhythm (-4)
      19. Million Reasons (=)
      18. Heavydirtysoul (=)
      17. Issues (+4)
      16. I Feel it Coming (+4)

      Delete
    3. Top 10 entrants:
      It Ain't Me (new)
      Say You Won't Let Go (new)
      Stay (new)
      Cold (re-entry)
      Rockabye (new)

      Delete
    4. Top 5 entrants:
      HandClap (re-entry)
      Say You Won't Let Go (new)
      Stay (new)

      Delete
    5. Top 15:
      15. Play That Song (+2)
      14. Paris (-3)
      13. Castle on the Hill (-8)
      12. Starving (-4)
      11. Believer (+11)
      10. Rockabye (+13, biggest jump)
      9. Cold (+6)
      8. It Ain't Me (+4)
      7. Mercy (-4)
      6. Closer (-4)
      5. Say You Won't Let Go (+8)
      4. Stay (+10)
      3. HandClap (+4)
      2. That's What I Like (+2)
      1. Shape of You (=)

      Delete
    6. Reaction to #1, 3, 4, and 10:
      https://img.memesuper.com/d7411e99da4ae65bcdf518e15661dff7_what-the-hell-is-the-world-what-in-the-hell-memes_927-500.jpeg

      But at least there's #5.

      Delete
  7. It's Shape Of You at #1 yet again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's the Hit-Bound List for this week (April 8, 2017):

    Swalla
    Sign Of The Times (DEBUT)
    American Girls
    Something Just Like This
    Wicked (DEBUT)
    Good Time, Good Life
    Now Or Never (DEBUT)
    I Feel So Bad (DEBUT)
    Sooner Or Later (DEBUT)
    Talk Too Much
    Overwhelming
    Green Light (Please, please, PLEASE DEBUT)
    Good News
    Cake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm surprised Slide left.

      Delete
    2. So Slide left? What the hell? And obviously Touch left.

      Delete
    3. Maybe it's too close to Urban/rap for Hits 1 to keep? Also it's in green for me now because of Migos. If not it would be in blue or red.

      Delete