Saturday, March 11, 2017

Ed Sheeran (5) - March 11, 2017

Image result for shape of you
Now that Adrian's blog now uses a comment moderation, people won't know the countdown because Adrian probably doesn't wake up that early. I did listen to the entire countdown this week, and this post does not have false information. Let's get to the poll results:

What song do you want to hit #1 on the Weekend Countdown next week?
Adele - Water Under the Bridge
  9 (42%)
Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving
  2 (9%)
The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
  2 (9%)
Shawn Mendes - Mercy
  2 (9%)
Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
  6 (28%)

Water Under the Bridge won this week, but it left the top 5 this week. Here is this week's unfortunate exit:

Hey Violet - Guys My Age
Last Week: #39 | Peak: #28 | Weeks on Chart: 05


Here is the countdown:

45. John Legend - Love Me Now
Last Week: #41 | Peak: #09 | Weeks on Chart: 14

44. Charli XCX - After the Afterparty
Last Week: #42 | Peak: #15 | Weeks on Chart: 14

43. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
Last Week: #44 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 48

42. Daya - Words
Last Week: #45 | Peak: #21 | Weeks on Chart: 06

41. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For the Weekend
Last Week: #37 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 30

40. Rihanna - Love on the Brain
Last Week: #21 | Peak: #21 | Weeks on Chart: 06

39. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
Last Week: #34 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 22

38. James Hersey - Miss You (DEBUT)
Last Week: #__ | Peak: #38 | Weeks on Chart: 01

37. Alessia Cara - Scars to Your Beautiful
Last Week: #30 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 21

36. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
Last Week: #29 | Peak: #19 | Weeks on Chart: 14

35. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You
Last Week: #43 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 25

34. Niall Horan - This Town
Last Week: #32 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 23

33. Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill
Last Week: #35 | Peak: #28 | Weeks on Chart: 04

32. Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry)
Last Week: #26 | Peak: #26 | Weeks on Chart: 03

31. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy
Last Week: #38 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 23

30. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
Last Week: #22 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 21

29. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
Last Week: #31 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 21

28. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
Last Week: #28 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 38

27. Jon Bellion - All Time Low
Last Week: #27 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 19

26. Julia Michaels - Issues
Last Week: #17 | Peak: #17 | Weeks on Chart: 06

25. Panic! at the Disco - Death of a Bachelor
Last Week: #33 | Peak: #07 | Weeks on Chart: 25

24. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side to Side
Last Week: #23 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 20

23. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul
Last Week: #24 | Peak: #21 | Weeks on Chart: 06

22. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay
Last Week: #36 | Peak: #22 | Weeks on Chart: 02

21. AJR - Weak
Last Week: #40 | Peak: #21 | Weeks on Chart: 02

20. The Chainsmokers - Paris
Last Week: #14 | Peak: #13 | Weeks on Chart: 06

19. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy
Last Week: #18 | Peak: #18 | Weeks on Chart: 03

18. Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving
Last Week: #04 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 26

17. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel it Coming
Last Week: #12 | Peak: #12 | Weeks on Chart: 08

16. Maroon 5 - Cold
Last Week: #13 | Peak: #13 | Weeks on Chart: 04

15. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
Last Week: #19 | Peak: #15 | Weeks on Chart: 03

14. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
Last Week: #15 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 31

13. Bebe Rexha - I Got You
Last Week: #16 | Peak: #13 | Weeks on Chart: 05

12. Train - Play That Song
Last Week: #20 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 16

11. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things
Last Week: #08 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 09

10. Adele - Water Under the Bridge
Last Week: #05 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 15

09. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
Last Week: #10 | Peak: #09 | Weeks on Chart: 05

08. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons
Last Week: #11 | Peak: #08 | Weeks on Chart: 14

07. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
Last Week: #03 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 30

06. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained to the Rhythm
Last Week: #09 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 04

05. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (wtf)
Last Week: #25 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 13

04. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap
Last Week: #07 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 10

03. Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
Last Week: #06 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 13

02. Shawn Mendes - Mercy
Last Week: #02 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 10

01. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
Last Week: #01 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 09

Biggest Drop: Rihanna - Love on the Brain (-19)
Biggest Jump: Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (+20)

March 15, 2014 - Top 5
5. Bastille – Pompeii (8/10)
4. Pharrell Williams – Happy (9/10)
3. Imagine Dragons – Demons (8/10)
2. Katy Perry – Dark Horse (9.5/10)
1. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (9/10)

March 15, 2014 - Debuts
37. Phantogram – Fall in Love (8.5/10)

March 14, 2015 - Top 5
5. Ellie Goulding – Love Me Like You Do (10/10)
4. Maroon 5 – Sugar (9/10)
3. Taylor Swift – Blank Space (#6 of all time)
2. Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud (8/10)
1. Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk (#13 of all time)

March 14, 2015 - Debuts
40. The Weeknd – Earned It (8.5/10)
33. Natalie La Rose/Jeremih – Somebody (9.5/10)
30. Zedd/Selena Gomez – I Want You to Know (10/10)
26. Calvin Harris/Ellie Goulding – Outside (10/10)

March 12, 2016 - Top 5
5. One Direction – Perfect (8.5/10)
4. DNCE – Cake By the Ocean (9/10)
3. Adele – Hello (9.5/10)
2. One Direction – Drag Me Down (10/10)
1. Twenty One Pilots – Stressed Out (10/10)

March 12, 2016 - Debuts
32. Meghan Trainor – No (10/10)

New Entrant
I actually like Miss You. The beat and production are pretty good. His vocals aren't that bad either. I love the change in the beat at 2:24 in the song. I hope it does well here, unlike Guys My Age.

Hit-Bound
  • Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign - Swalla (DEBUT)
  • The Vamps/Matoma - All Night
  • Imagine Dragons - Believer
  • The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This
  • Ariana Grande/Future - Everyday
  • Coin - Talk Too Much
  • MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low
  • Snakehips/MØ - Don't Leave
  • Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye
  • One Ok Rock - American Girls
  • Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide
  • Panic! at the Disco - L.A. Devotee
  • Little Mix - Touch
  • Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake
Swalla is super catchy. The chorus is great. I'm surprised Hits 1 included the rappers but they do well in the song so that's good.

Thumbs by Sabrina Carpenter aired a couple of times on Hits 1 in the past week but didn't debut here. I hope to see it do well.

Top 5 Picks
5. One Ok Rock - American Girls
4. Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign - Swalla
3. Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake
2. Imagine Dragons - Believer
1. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye

I'm Gonna Blurb You When You're Gone
Guys My Age unfortunately had to flop. It was actually my favorite song for 5 weeks (not the 5 weeks it was on the countdown) but it was still a great song. This is definitely going on my Most Underrated Tenures list for 2017.

Did Unsteady have to jump a spot? Come on Hits 1, you know we all hate this song. Will it make the 52-week mark?

So Love on the Brain is officially a flop here. Take note that this is #3 on pop radio right now! Adrian is going to love this week.

Say You Won't Let Go is about to flop. Let's hope it does.

I don't know why, but I still like Scars to Your Beautiful. I guess it stuck with me.

#32, #26, and #25 are not okay at all. #32 is one of my favorites and it had to drop this week, of course. #26 is also great and did not have to drop. #25 should not be jumping this late in its tenure.

I'm very glad that Stay and Weak got some great second-week jumps. They both deserved it.

I Got You is unfortunately dropping on radio, but has hit a new peak here and is still doing well here. Stay as long as you want!

I'm guessing Bad Things is done. Thank you for trying and for being a great song.

Finally, Closer is out of the top 3! Next, out of the top 10.

Seriously, a song boosted to the top 5 because of a late music video release? The fact that this is a breakout on the AT40 because of that is ridiculous to me. Hits 1 must have had this too early, or AT40 too late. This song is getting boring and I honestly now don't want this to be a hit.

Shape of You still holds at #1. I feel like this has a chance at being the #1 song of 2017 for Hits 1 or the Billboard Hot 100. Will I be right? Well, we'll find out in 9 months.

Top 5 Picks
5. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap
4. Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry)
3. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things
2. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
1. Bebe Rexha - I Got You

Top 20 Review

NOTE: The numbers in parentheses ARE NOT last week's position on the top 20 review, they are its countdown position.

-1 -Worst Song
NONE

0-Crap
NONE

1-Bad
NONE

2-Meh
20. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#14)
19. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#7)
18. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#5)
17. Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving (#18)

3-Decent
16. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#2)
15. Adele - Water Under the Bridge (#10)
14. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#20)
13. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons (#8)

4-Good
12. Train - Play That Song (#12)
11. Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#3)
10. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#15)
9. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#19)
8. Maroon 5 - Cold (#16)
7. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained to the Rhythm (#6)

5-Great
6. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#9)
5. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel it Coming (#17)
4. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap (#4)
3. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things (#11)
2. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You (#1)

6-Best Song
1. Bebe Rexha - I Got You (#13)

Total: 75/100 (Decent)

#40Friday is out! For the fifth week in a row, Bebe Rexha - I Got You is #1. Check out the full chart HERE. P.S. A chart expansion is currently taking place.

Most Missed Song: Pink - Just Like Fire

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: I think you know what it is.

Guess the Song
This time I will be adding bonus questions to the trivia. They will be in brackets next to the hints.
  • I debuted on a 5+ exit week. [1. Exactly how many exits was on that week?]
  • I was the second highest debut, but the first highest was from an artist that hit #1 on the WC in 2016. [2. Was the fourth highest debut in .'s top 40 of all time? 3. Who was the artist of the first highest debut?]
  • The artist of the first highest debut had a #1 on the WC on that week. [4. What was that #1 song?]
  • [5. What song am I? Comment if you need another hint.]

26 comments:

  1. *looks at #5* WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. 5
    2. Yes
    3. Taylor Swift
    4. New Romantics
    5. MisterWives - Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The song is correct, but there was another one I was thinking about, which was I Don't Mind by Usher and Juicy J. And Baby Don't Lie was not in my top 40 of all time.

      Delete
    2. The answers would have been:
      1. 5
      2. Yes
      3. Taylor Swift
      4. Blank Space
      5. I Don't Mind

      Delete
  3. Do you believe that next week could have 7 exits because I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I highly doubt it. You should only believe that the next week will have _ exits when you see the spins for Hit-Bound songs.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. So next week is still TBD, it could be anywhere from 0-8 exits.

      Delete
    4. And that's why you doubt that there's 7 exits. 5+ HitBound have been on at least a Wutchuwant Countdown.

      Delete
    5. You know, I highly doubt that we are going to have no exits next week because of 5+ HitBound songs appearing in a Wutchuwant Countdown.

      Delete
  4. Are Heathens and Just Hold On around the same level of grading for you is the reason why they're next to each other?

    -Top 20 Review

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I you should do Hits 1 top 20 throwback reviews on these weeks...
    11/16/13
    10/15/11
    06/14/14
    09/05/15
    02/02/13
    06/28/14
    12/26/15
    03/16/13
    11/05/11
    03/07/15
    04/06/13
    02/25/17
    06/16/12
    12/20/14
    12/03/16
    02/05/11
    06/27/15
    03/12/11
    02/27/16
    09/28/13

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I copy-paste off your blog for my countdown blog because I live in Canada and the app won't let me listen to the countdown...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey ., are you going to add some more stuff to your blog?

    ReplyDelete