
This was not a bad countdown. There was surely a lot of movement here.
What song do you want to hit #1 on the Weekend Countdown next week?
Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things
|
2 (14%)
|
Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
|
3 (21%)
|
The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
|
4 (28%)
|
Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap
|
3 (21%)
|
Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
|
2 (14%)
|
How did Closer win this week's poll? I'm not that happy with that. Anyway, let's look at the exits this week.
OneRepublic - Kids
Last Week: #43 | Peak: #08 | Weeks on Chart: 24
Pitbull/Flo Rida/Lunchmoney Lewis - Greenlight
Last Week: #44 | Peak: #15 | Weeks on Chart: 17
Lukas Graham - You're Not There
Last Week: #45 | Peak: #30 | Weeks on Chart: 08
Here is this week's countdown:
45. Daya - Words
Last Week: #31 | Peak: #21 | Weeks on Chart: 05
44. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
Last Week: #28 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 47
43. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You
Last Week: #29 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 24
42. Charli XCX - After the Afterparty
Last Week: #40 | Peak: #15 | Weeks on Chart: 13
41. John Legend - Love Me Now
Last Week: #39 | Peak: #09 | Weeks on Chart: 13
40. AJR - Weak (DEBUT)
Last Week: #__ | Peak: #40 | Weeks on Chart: 01
39. Hey Violet - Guys My Age
Last Week: #30 | Peak: #28 | Weeks on Chart: 05
38. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy
Last Week: #42 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 22
37. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For the Weekend
Last Week: #41 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 29
36. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay (DEBUT)
Last Week: #__ | Peak: #36 | Weeks on Chart: 01
35. Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill (RE-ENTRY)
Last Week: #__ | Peak: #28 | Weeks on Chart: 03
34. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
Last Week: #38 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 21
33. Panic! at the Disco - Death of a Bachelor
Last Week: #24 | Peak: #07 | Weeks on Chart: 24
32. Niall Horan - This Town
Last Week: #35 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 22
31. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
Last Week: #36 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 20
30. Alessia Cara - Scars to Your Beautiful
Last Week: #27 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 20
29. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
Last Week: #19 | Peak: #19 | Weeks on Chart: 13
28. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
Last Week: #32 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 37
27. Jon Bellion - All Time Low (Thank you Hits 1)
Last Week: #07 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 18
26. Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry)
Last Week: #37 | Peak: #26 | Weeks on Chart: 02
25. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On
Last Week: #16 | Peak: #13 | Weeks on Chart: 12
24. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul
Last Week: #21 | Peak: #21 | Weeks on Chart: 05
23. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side to Side
Last Week: #10 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 19
22. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
Last Week: #26 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 20
21. Rihanna - Love on the Brain
Last Week: #33 | Peak: #21 | Weeks on Chart: 05
20. Train - Play That Song
Last Week: #17 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 15
19. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
Last Week: #20 | Peak: #19 | Weeks on Chart: 02
18. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy
Last Week: #34 | Peak: #18 | Weeks on Chart: 02
17. Julia Michaels - Issues
Last Week: #23 | Peak: #17 | Weeks on Chart: 05
16. Bebe Rexha - I Got You
Last Week: #25 | Peak: #16 | Weeks on Chart: 04
15. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
Last Week: #09 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 30
14. The Chainsmokers - Paris
Last Week: #14 | Peak: #13 | Weeks on Chart: 05
13. Maroon 5 - Cold
Last Week: #15 | Peak: #13 | Weeks on Chart: 03
12. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel it Coming
Last Week: #18 | Peak: #12 | Weeks on Chart: 07
11. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons
Last Week: #11 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 13
10. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
Last Week: #22 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 04
09. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained to the Rhythm
Last Week: #12 | Peak: #09 | Weeks on Chart: 03
08. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things
Last Week: #05 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 08
07. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap
Last Week: #02 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 09
06. Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
Last Week: #04 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 12
05. Adele - Water Under the Bridge
Last Week: #13 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 14
04. Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving
Last Week: #08 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 25
03. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
Last Week: #03 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 29
02. Shawn Mendes - Mercy
Last Week: #06 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 09
01. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
Last Week: #01 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 08
Biggest Drop: Jon Bellion - All Time Low (-20)
Biggest Jump: Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (+16)
March 8, 2014 - Top 5
5. Passenger – Let Her Go (2/10)
4. Pitbull/Kesha – Timber (10/10)
3. Imagine Dragons – Demons (8/10)
2. Katy Perry – Dark Horse (9.5/10)
1. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (9/10)
March 8, 2014 - Debuts
40. NONONO – Pumpin’ Blood (10/10)
37. Martin Garrix – Animals (9/10)
35. Zedd/Matthew Koma/Miriam Bryant – Find You (8/10)
30. Karmin – I Want it All (8/10)
March 7, 2015 - Top 5
5. Ellie Goulding – Love Me Like You Do (10/10)4. Maroon 5 – Sugar (9/10)
3. Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk (#13 of all time)
2. Taylor Swift – Blank Space (#6 of all time)
1. Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud (8/10)
March 7, 2015 - Debuts
34. George Ezra – Budapest (10/10)
March 5, 2016 - Top 5
5. Justin Bieber – Love Yourself (9/10)
4. DNCE – Cake By the Ocean (9/10)
3. One Direction – Drag Me Down (10/10)
2. Twenty One Pilots – Stressed Out (10/10)
1. One Direction – Perfect (8.5/10)
March 5, 2016 - Debuts
39. Taylor Swift – New Romantics (9/10)
38. Pitbull/Osmani Garcia/Lil Jon – El Taxi (9.5/10)
35. Rihanna/Drake – Work (9.5/10)
29. Lukas Graham – 7 Years (0.5/10)
New Entrants
We get our first re-entry in almost a year, which is Castle on the Hill. I don't like the song too much, but to be honest, I'M SO HAPPY THAT THERE'S FINALLY A RE-ENTRY!!! Now that we got a re-entry, the countdown is starting to look like its old self, with many exits, big jumps/drops, and re-entries.
I pretty much have loved Weak for the past couple of months. It's now been played twice as much as I'm Ready on Spotify, which is a good thing. The song is weird but cool at the same time. I don't know how to explain it more, but here is proof that I knew this song before you did.
Stay is hands-down the best entrant this week, even though Weak is still higher on #40Friday. I am loving this song! Alessia Cara sings perfectly in the song and the drop is one of the best in a long time.
Hit-Bound
Guest host: The Vamps
- Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake
- Little Mix - Touch
- James Hersey - Miss You
- Panic! at the Disco - L.A. Devotee
- Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide (DEBUT)
- Imagine Dragons - Believer
- Ariana Grande/Future - Everyday
- The Vamps/Matoma - All Night
- Coin - Talk Too Much (DEBUT)
- Snakehips/MØ - Don't Leave
- MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low
- Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye
- One Ok Rock - American Girls (DEBUT)
- The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This
I only listened to Talk Too Much and American Girls once during Hit-Bound. They're both pretty catchy and I also like how there are Korean rock groups around.
Top 5 Picks
5. Little Mix - Touch
4. Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake
3. Imagine Dragons - Believer
2. James Hersey - Miss You
1. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye
All You Have to Do is Blurb
What a short tenure for Words. It was a good song, not okay or great, just good.
Speaking of short tenures, Guys My Age is having a very painful tenure for a song that hit #1 for 5 weeks on #40Friday. I still like it a lot and I am not too happy about it flopping.
Thank goodness for Unsteady and Let Me Love You dropping. It would be awesome if they left the same week.
I'm also really happy about the drops from All Time Low, Death of a Bachelor, and Say You Won't Let Go.
I feel like 24K Magic lasting exactly 24 weeks on here is possible.
I'm really surprised that Heavy surpassed It Ain't Me this week. It jumped 16 spots while It Ain't Me only jumped 1.
I'm delighted about I Got You and That's What I Like in the top 20. Not only did the latter re-enter the top 20, but it just hit the top 10 the week.
So Starving hits #1, gradually drops out of the top 10, and is now back in the top 5. #Hits1Logic
I'm not really happy about our returning top 5 entrants. At least Shape of You is still #1.
Top 5 Picks
5. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap
4. Hey Violet - Guys My Age
3. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things
2. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
1. Bebe Rexha - I Got You
Top 20 Review
-1 -Worst Song on the Countdown
NONE
0-Crap
NONE
1-Bad
NONE
2-Meh
20. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
19. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
3-Decent
18. Shawn Mendes - Mercy
17. Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving
16. Adele - Water Under the Bridge
15. The Chainsmokers - Paris
4-Good
14. Train - Play That Song
13. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons
12. Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
11. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
10. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy
9. Maroon 5 - Cold
8. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained to the Rhythm
5-Great
7. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
6. Julia Michaels - Issues
5. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel it Coming
4. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap
3. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things
2. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
6-Best Song on the Countdown
1. Bebe Rexha - I Got You
Total: 80/100 (Good)
#40Friday is out! I Got You once again hits #1. Check it out HERE!
Most Missed Song on Hits 1: The Wanted - Glad You Came
Most Missed Hit-Bound Dropout: Kungs/Cookin' on 3 Burners - This Girl
Most Missed Song Outside of Hits 1: ILoveMemphis - Hit the Quan (don't hate me)
Throwback Pick: Stacey Q - Two of Hearts (1986)
#1 Recommendation(s) For Hits 1: Marian Hill - Down (again) and Sabrina Carpenter - Thumbs
Guess the song
- I lasted on the countdown from winter to summer.
- I am my artist's only song on the WC, but he/she had another that was stranded on Hit-Bound.
- Adrian had me in blue when I debuted and in turquoise when I left, but he said that he did not like me (red) sometime after I left.
- [Comment if you need another hint]
Adrian will not be happy that you put Hymn For The Weekend in red.
ReplyDelete. had it in red for like...two months already.
DeleteI think it's I know what you did last summer
DeleteWhat year is it?
ReplyDelete2015.
DeleteWhere did it peak and did it make it on the year end list?
Delete#12 and no.
DeleteGeorge Ezra - Budapest
ReplyDeleteCorrect.
DeleteI should've gotten that! I've been out the past few hours and I was going to figure it out when I got home. Oh well.
DeleteNice post!
ReplyDeleteI would not have figured that you liked pumpin blood
Thanks and I really only dislike songs that are boring to me (example: #29) or are so old I don't want to hear it anymore (example: #43). Pumpin' Blood is pretty upbeat to me.
DeleteWhat an interesting countdown.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I know that Unsteady should probably leave, but how about worse songs leave for this one?
BTW, this week doesn't have many exits but we did have many exits 4 weeks ago.
ReplyDeleteWhat also makes the countdown look more like it's old self is that there are more guest hosts on HitBound or the Countdown than last year's first 2 months.
Delete