Saturday, September 10, 2016

The Chainsmokers/Daya (1) - September 10, 2016


Image result for Daya Don't Let Me Down











No exits again, unfortunately.

The Countdown
45. Fifth Harmony - All in My Head (Flex) (#29)
44. Lukas Graham - 7 Years (#44) (Get out, please.)
43. Selena Gomez - Kill Em With Kindness (#45)
42. Drake/WizKid/Kyla - One Dance (#43)
41. Timeflies - Once in a While (#41)
40. DNCE - Toothbrush (#24)
39. Meghan Trainor - No (#37)
38. The Summer Set - Figure Me Out (#32)
37. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home (#38)
36. Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#42)
35. Selena Gomez - Hands to Myself (#35)
34. Panic! at the Disco - Victorious (#28)
33. Pink - Just Like Fire (#30)
32. DNCE - Cake By the Ocean (#39)
31. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took a Pill in Ibiza (#27)
30. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#34)
29. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (#33)
28. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#26)
27. Meghan Trainor - Me Too (#23)
26. Kenny Chesney/Pink - Setting the World on Fire (#19)
25. Katy Perry - Rise (#40)
24. All Time Low - Missing You (#22)
23. Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You (#31)
22. The Strumbellas - Spirits (#36)
21. Symon - Say (#20)
20. Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick (#17)
19. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ - Cold Water (#25)
18. Lukas Graham - Mama Said (#21)
17. Demi Lovato - Body Say (#13)
16. AJR - I'm Not Famous (#15)
15. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#16)
14. 5 Seconds of Summer - Girls Talk Boys (#10)
13. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#18)
12. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#14)
11. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (#11)
10. The 1975 - The Sound (#7)
9. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#6)
8. Ariana Grande - Into You (#8)
7. Coldplay/Beyoncé/SeeB - Hymn For the Weekend (#12)
6. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This is What You Came For (#9)
5. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling (#1)
4. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (#2)
3. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#3)
2. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#5)
#1 this week last year: Ed Sheeran - Photograph
1. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#4)

Biggest Drop: Tie between Fifth Harmony - All in My Head (Flex) and DNCE - Toothbrush (-16)
Biggest Jump: Katy Perry - Rise (+15)

And if You Feel You're Sinking I Will Jump Right Over into Cold Cold Blurbs For You
Longest blurb title ever.

Can 7 Years just leave this countdown already?

This jump from Cake By the Ocean is mind-boggling. It should leave soon.

Unsteady should not be jumping; it just debuted on the American Top 40, which was way too late with the song.

Stressed Out needs to leave the top 30.

Rise and the Sound are probably going to drop soon; they're dropping a lot on the radio charts, yet the Sound just debuted the American Top 40.

Missing You is seriously doing nothing on this countdown; it's just hanging out in the top 20.

I hope Mama Said hits at least top 10.

Coincidentally, my favorite and least favorite songs on this countdown are from the same artist, Lukas Graham.

As Spyder with a Y pointed out, Symon with a Y has a new dog, Tyson with a Y.





















So cute!

Girls Talk Boys dropped 4 spots to #14. Oh well. At least it made the top 10.

Keep Can't Stop the Feeling out of the top spot, thank you.

Congrats to the Chainsmokers and Daya for their first WC #1 song, Don't Let Me Down. I remember first listening to this song (February 13) and I LOVED IT SO MUCH! It's still alright, but I'm fine with them at #1.

Top 20 Review (colors are Scott's 5-point system)

20. Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick (#17)
19. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ - Cold Water (#25)
18. Lukas Graham - Mama Said (#21)
17. Demi Lovato - Body Say (#13)
16. AJR - I'm Not Famous (#15)
15. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#16)
14. 5 Seconds of Summer - Girls Talk Boys (#10)
13. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#18)
12. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#14)
11. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (#11)
10. The 1975 - The Sound (#7)
9. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#6)
8. Ariana Grande - Into You (#8)
7. Coldplay/Beyoncé/SeeB - Hymn For the Weekend (#12)
6. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This is What You Came For (#9)
5. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling (#1)
4. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (#2)
3. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#3)
2. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#5)
1. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#4)

Total Score: 71/100

My top 5 dogs
1. Tyson

My top 5 songs
5. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
4. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ - Cold Water
3. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
2. 5 Seconds of Summer - Girls Talk Boys
1. Lukas Graham - Mama Said

My bottom 5 songs
5. The Summer Set - Figure Me Out
4. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling
3. Selena Gomez - Hands to Myself
2. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
1. Lukas Graham - 7 Years

Hit-Bound
  • Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving
  • Steve Aoki/Boehm/Walk the Moon - Back 2 U
  • Panic! at the Disco - Death of a Bachelor
  • Kiiara - Gold
  • MKTO - Superstitious
  • OneRepublic - Kids
  • Kungs/Cookin' on 3 Burners - This Girl
  • Mike Posner/JordanXL - Be as You Are
  • Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes
  • Snakehips/Zayn - Cruel
  • Troye Sivan/Alessia Cara - Wild
  • Big Gigantic/Angela McCluskey - The Little Things
  • Nick Jonas - Bacon
  • Magic! - Red Dress (just leave already)
  • Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion (DEBUT)
I'm disappointed that Hits 1 plays another version of Kids; this version is nothing compared to the original.

Um, Perfect Illusion played yesterday and it's not on Hit-Bound. Huh?

My top 5 Hit-Bound
5. Kungs/Cookin' on 3 Burners - This Girl
4. Panic! at the Disco - Death of a Bachelor
3. Nick Jonas - Bacon
2. Troye Sivan/Alessia Cara - Wild
1. Big Gigantic/Angela McCluskey - The Little Things

YouTube 15
Haven't done this before.
  • Fifth Harmony - Work From Home
  • Jonas Blue/JP Cooper - Perfect Strangers
  • Ellie Goulding - Still Falling For You
  • Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This is What You Came For
  • Florence and the Machine - Wish That You Were Here
  • Desiigner - Panda
  • Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha - In the Name of Love
  • Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
  • Clean Bandit/Louisa Johnson - Tears
  • Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ - Cold Water
  • Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side to Side
  • Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
  • Florida Georgia Line/Tim McGraw - May We All
  • The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
  • Melanie Martinez - Tag, You're It
My top 5 songs
5. Jonas Blue/JP Cooper - Perfect Strangers
4. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side to Side
3. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
2. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
1. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ - Cold Water

Song explanation
I hate 7 Years because the vocals are bad in the song, the piano is boring, and it's so slow; I thought it was okay at first but then I quickly grew out of it. One of the worst songs of all time.

..........

Sorry if that offended you, Lukas. To cheer you up, at least Mama Said is the best on the countdown!



Guess the WC
  • 0 exits
  • Female at #1

    18 comments:

    1. I'm surprised Panda is still on the Youtube15. And I love Perfect Strangers!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. And the guess the WC is 1/2/16 or whatever that first week of 2016 was

        Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Screw what I said on your blog. I'm going to do it.

        Delete
      2. Miles, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it. I just don't know how to explain songs in 5 super long paragraphs.

        Delete
      3. I'm not that good in the writing subject either.

        Delete
      4. Its either you get honesty or niceness from me, but you are not getting both.

        Delete
      5. Can I have niceness, please?

        Delete
      6. No. I'm not gonna lie and be nice, I'm gonna be brutally honest and say what's on my mind.

        Delete
      7. Then get ready to have some of your comments deleted if you are rude.

        Delete
      8. And how 'bout you actually delete them foreve, 'cause I can't stand the "This comment has been removed by a blog administrator" nonsense of it all.

        Delete
    3. Replies
      1. I forgot to give more details on that. I was going to say the last time it happened. Parker wins.

        It did happen January 2, 2016 and January 3, 2015, but I was looking for August 27, 2016.

        Delete
      2. And also today, September 10, 2016. It does count.

        Delete
      3. Oh yeah, on Wikipedia, it said that 09/10/11 also had no exits.

        Delete
    4. https://mymusicreviewingblog.blogspot.com/2016/09/hits-1-weekend-countdown-91016-dont-let.html?showComment=1473534689018

      Now this is how you do a song explanation.

      ReplyDelete