Sunday, September 18, 2016

America's Got Talent Finals Review

A couple of people have done this before so I thought I'd do it too.

~ Pitbull/LunchMoney Lewis (not contestants): The song is pretty catchy. Their performance was really good too. Their voices were off a little bit but it was still good. I like how the judges were dancing to the music. It's probably going to re-enter #40Friday.
Rate: 9/10

~ Sal Valentinetti: I like this guy. He has a nice, '50s-type voice.
Rate: 9/10


~ Sofie Dossi: Wow. She's a great contortionist!
Rate: 9.5/10


~ Linkin' Bridge: It was a nice, soothing performance. See You Again is really that type of song that's supposed to be performed this way.
Rate: 8/10

~ Laura Bretan: She has a nice opera voice. She sounds like she's in her 20s maybe, but she's only 14! (I think) But opera isn't really that popular today, so she probably wasn't going to win. But she still is a good singer.
Rate: 8.5/10


~ The Clairvoyants: I love them! Even though they didn't win, they should still have a show somewhere. It's crazy that she guessed a random person's birthday (May 12, FYI) and a credit card's expiration date and last 4 numbers. I don't know how they do it!
Rate: 10/10


~ Brian Justin Crum: I didn't like him at first, but he really is a good singer now. He's probably going to have a good singing career someday.
Rate: 9/10


~ Tape Face: He's so funny! You don't know what he's going to do next. Like the Clairvoyants, he should have a show too. When he put a toilet on Mel and threw a plunger at it, it was so weird. Oh my gosh.
Rate: 10/10


~ Viktor Kee: He's pretty good. It's like he tells a story with juggling as there is a stormy background with mountains.
Rate: 9.5/10


~ Jon Dorenbos: It's very interesting that not only is he a magician, but a football player too. It's great how he has some of these cards appear face-up.
Rate: 9/10


~ Grace VanderWaal: Her voice is probably going to mature in a few years. She's going to turn out great. I still remember when my mom came in my room and showed me her first performance.
Rate: 9.5/10


~ Sal Valentinetti/Jersey Boys: This is a catchy song. Sal's voice was great in this performance. He should join Jersey Boys!
Rate: 10/10


~ Tape Face/Jon Dorenbos/Brian Justin Crum/Viktor Kee/China (Linkin' Bridge): He's back! This performance made so much more sense than his last. But it was so good.
Rate: 9.5/10


~ Brian Justin Crum: I didn't like his last performance of Radiohead - Creep. But this one was great for some reason. He really has that loud voice that mixes in with the piano.
Rate: 8.5/10


~ Grace VanderWaal: I Don't Know My Name is great. Her first performance was better. I still like this performance though. I think this will be her most popular song throughout her career. And it's pretty good.
Rate: 9.5/10


~ Stevie Nicks (not a contestant): Grace introduced her. This song is pretty good and I know she was popular in the '80s or sometime around there.
Rate: 9/10


~ Il Volo/Laura Bretan/Viktor Kee/Sofie Dossi: This song is beautiful, I guess, but it was perfect to go with Viktor and Sofie.
Rate: 8.5/10


~ Linkin' Bridge/Silhouettes: You all know I hate this song. Linkin' Bridge's part of the performance is definitely better than 7 Years overall, but it's still not good enough to be in blue. Silhouettes, however, were pretty good. Performances where you can only see shadows are nice.
Rate: 5/10


~ The Clairvoyants/Jon Dorenbos: That lottery trick is great. Again, I don't know how they do it. Same with Jon.
Rate: 9.5/10

Finale Results

Bottom 5
  • Tape Face (HOW?!)
  • Linkin' Bridge
  • Sofie Dossi
  • Viktor Kee
  • Laura Bretan
Top 5
5th Place: Sal Valentinetti
4th Place: Brian Justin Crum
3rd Place: Jon Dorenbos
2nd Place: The Clairvoyants: I'm happy they made it this far. Their performances leave me and the rest of America wondering how they do this.
1st Place/Winner: Grace VanderWaal: She really is great and I agree with Simon that she might be the next Taylor Swift (if so, then release an album like 1989, best album ever lol) and I also agree with Adrian that she might become the next Sia. But anyway, she's great and I'm happy she won.

My Top 5 Performances
5. Viktor Kee (First Performance)
4. Grace VanderWaal (Second Performance)
3. Tape Face (First Performance)
2. Sal Valentinetti/Jersey Boys (Second Performance)
1. The Clarivoyants (First Performance)

My Top 5 Acts in the Top 10
5. Viktor Kee
4. Sal Valentinetti
3. Tape Face
2. Grace VanderWaal
1. The Clarivoyants

3 comments: