
Darn it, I forgot the picture again!
Exits
Alessia Cara - Wild Things (#37) (No!)
Flo Rida - My House (#38) (Oh thanks!)
Rihanna/Drake - Work (#45) (Finally!)
The countdown
45. G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself and I (#43)
44. Zayn - Pillowtalk (#35)
43. Selena Gomez - Hands to Myself (#41)
42. Ruth B. - Lost Boy (#44)
41. Grace - You Don't Own Me (#40)
40. Lukas Graham - 7 Years (#39)
39. Jordan Fisher - All About Us (DEBUT)
38. Meghan Trainor - No (#33)
37. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#42)
36. Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick (DEBUT)
35. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home (#34)
34. Troye Sivan - Youth (#31)
33. Selena Gomez - Kill Em With Kindness (#27)
32. James Bay - Let it Go (#36)
31. Demi Lovato - Body Say (DEBUT)
30. DNCE - Cake By the Ocean (#30)
29. One Direction - History (#25)
28. OneRepublic - Wherever I Go (#21)
27. Nick Jonas/Tove Lo - Close (#9)
26. The 1975 - The Sound (#26)
25. Symon - Say (#29)
24. All Time Low - Missing You (#32)
23. Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#10)
22. DNCE - Toothbrush (#15)
21. Drake/WizKid/Kyla - One Dance (#20)
20. 5 Seconds of Summer - Girls Talk Boys (#28)
19. Lukas Graham - Mama Said (#23)
18. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#17)
17. Meghan Trainor - Me Too (#22)
16. The Summer Set - Figure Me Out (#24)
15. Kent Jones - Don't Mind (#16)
14. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#19)
13. Timeflies - Once in a While (#14)
12. Panic! at the Disco - Victorious (#11)
11. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This is What You Came For (#8)
10. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#18)
9. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took a Pill in Ibiza (#1) (Whoa omg what a big drop)
8. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (#13)
7. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#5)
6. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (#7)
5. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (#3)
4. Pink - Just Like Fire (#6) (#NeverGiveUp)
3. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#12)
2. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#4)
#1 song this week August 1, 2015: Walk the Moon - Shut Up and Dance
1. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling (#2)
Biggest Drop: Nick Jonas/Tove Lo - Close (-18)
Biggest Jump: Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (+9) (Why?)
Blurby Say/Blurbsick
About time My House and Work left.
Me, Myself and I should also leave. Same with 7 Years.
I love Lovesick!
Missing You, Girls Talk Boys, Figure Me Out, and Treat You Better were close to being the biggest jump.
Speaking of biggest jump, 9 spots? That's the smallest biggest jump this year.
If I asked a random person "What is the most popular song right now?" they would most likely say "One Dance." That song DROPPED this week. How ridiculous.
I am not using pink for color-coding anymore. I'm using red for that now.
Last time Once in a While dropped? June 18.
Victorious should be out of the top 20 by now.
I Took a Pill in Ibiza took quite a big drop from #1.
Could Sit Still, Look Pretty be our next #1? I hope not.
Can Hits 1 give another song a shot at #1? Ride? Just Like Fire? Cheap Thrills?
My top 5 countdown
5. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
4. Lukas Graham - Mama Said
3. Meghan Trainor - Me Too
2. Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick
1. 5 Seconds of Summer - Girls Talk Boys
Hit-Bound
Fifth Harmony - All in My Head (Flex) (DEBUT)
Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes (DEBUT)
Troye Sivan/Alessia Cara - Wild
The Strumbellas - Spirits
Ariana Grande - Into You (DEBUT)
Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You (DEBUT)
Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (DEBUT)
AJR - I'm Not Famous
Coldplay/Beyoncé/SeeB - Hymn For the Weekend
MKTO - Superstitious (DEBUT)
Katy Perry - Rise
Steve Aoki/Boehm/Walk the Moon - Back 2 U
Magic! - Red Dress
Ben Rector - Brand New
6 Hit-Bound debuts this week, and that was not a typo. SIX. Probably the most Hit-Bound debuts in one week for this year.
Fifth Harmony bring All in My Head (Flex). I first fully heard this 10 days ago during the car ride to the airport to go to California. It was one of the most played songs in the car during the trip and it's really catchy.
Andy Grammer is back! Fresh Eyes is pretty good and I hope it makes the countdown.
Ariana Grande - Into You is awesome! It's probably going to debut the countdown.
I have never heard of Flume and Kai until this year and they have Never Be Like You on Hit-Bound. It's pretty good.
Twenty One Pilots' Tear in My Heart, Stressed Out, and Ride were pretty good, and this one, Heathens, is pretty bad. It's just boring to me.
MKTO are not new to the countdown as they have had four previous countdown songs, which were Thank You (definitely their best), Classic (a big hit), American Dream (pretty good), and Bad Girls (awesome). Superstitious is pretty good. Hopefully this one will make the countdown.
Yup, I've grown into Hymn For the Weekend. Both versions.
The oldest song on Hit-Bound is a tie between I'm Not Famous, Red Dress, and Brand New, each spending their 7th week on Hit-Bound.
Forgot a blurb. I can't believe I predicted that No Broken Hearts and I Wanna Know would leave Hit-Bound. Hello Friday also left Hit-Bound.
Whew! Those were a lot of Hit-Bound blurbs.
My top 5 Hit-Bound
5. Magic! - Red Dress
4. The Strumbellas - Spirits
3. Ben Rector - Brand New
2. AJR - I'm Not Famous
1. Ariana Grande - Into You
Predictions
My prediction score: 157 (how many spots I was away from each song total)
Farthest prediction:
Off 11 spots
Selena Gomez - Kill Em With Kindness
Predicted #44, actually #33
Closest prediction:
Off 0 spots
Alessia Cara - Wild Things being the highest exit
Symon - Say at #25
Drake/WizKid/Kyla - One Dance at #21
Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out at #18
Timeflies - Once in a While at #13
Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty at #3
Twenty One Pilots - Ride at #2
Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling at #1
Check out my 40 favorite songs of the week, #40Friday here.
Check out YOUR (the Weekend Countdown blog community) favorite songs here.
Also, some records for 2016 were formed. That is:
Most weeks at #1
Smallest biggest jump
(It's not a record but the drop from #1 was huge)
Longest chart run (in 2016) (Saying this because one song from 2015 dropped off)
Find them out here.
If Just Like Fire hits #1:
ReplyDelete🔪☠🗡
💣😬🔫
Yellow guy is me
Sorry I want JLF to hit #1 but I don't want you to get killed. 😑
DeleteThat was a joke 😂😂
DeleteQuick question... What time zone do you live in? Because if I'm not mistaken, the first countdown they play on the weekend is at 2 AM EST, and you're often commenting as it plays. I usually do the countdown at 6 AM EST on Saturday when possible.
ReplyDeleteOn the note of One Dance being the most popular song right now... Kinda funny you say that given it's no longer #1 on Billboard, and I'm hoping Cheap Thrills will keep it dethroned for good, unlike CSTF.
And Girls Talk Boys as your favorite? That's an unpopular opinion for sure, but hey, I like it too.
I live in the EST time zone. They usually play the first countdown at 6am, not 2am. Hit-Bound sometimes plays at 12 or 1am, and sometimes at 9am.
DeleteGirls Talk Boys is just very catchy to me. I don't get why some people find it boring. But I'm happy that some people like it. Let's hope it stays a while.