Saturday, July 16, 2016

Justin Timberlake (5) - July 16, 2016


Today we had our first 4-exit week since March, but that isn't the big news. The big news is that a certain band is not on the countdown for the first time since February 2, 2013! It's about time they left the countdown!

Exits
Pitbull/Enrique Iglesias - Messin' Around (#35)
Fall Out Boy/Demi Lovato - Irresistible (#36)
Zara Larsson/MNEK - Never Forget You (#43)
5 Seconds of Summer - Jet Black Heart (#44)

The countdown
45. G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself and I (#39)
44. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#24)
43. Rihanna/Drake - Work (#45) (*To the tune of this song* Leave leave leave leave leave now)
42. Lukas Graham - 7 Years (#42) (It's better for you to leave than to hold)
41. Jason Derulo - If it Ain't Love (#41)
40. Ruth B. - Lost Boy (#28)
39. Selena Gomez - Hands to Myself (#37)
38. The 1975 - The Sound (DEBUT)
37. Flo Rida - My House (#31)
36. Meghan Trainor - No (#38)
35. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home (#33)
34. Zayn - Pillowtalk (#34)
33. Drake/WizKid/Kyla - One Dance (DEBUT)
32. Alessia Cara - Wild Things (#19)
31. Lukas Graham - Mama Said (DEBUT)
30. Troye Sivan - Youth (#29)
29. Symon - Say (DEBUT) (FINALLY!!!!!)
28. DNCE - Cake By the Ocean (#32)
27. Grace - You Don't Own Me (#21)
26. All Time Low - Missing You (#26)
25. Selena Gomez - Kill Em With Kindness (#27)
24. James Bay - Let it Go (#11)
23. Kent Jones - Don't Mind (#25)
22. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#40)
21. Meghan Trainor - Me Too (#17)
20. One Direction - History (#8)
19. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#23)
18. The Summer Set - Figure Me Out (#18)
17. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (#22)
16. DNCE - Toothbrush (#20)
15. Timeflies - Once in a While (#15)
14. Panic! at the Disco - Victorious (#30)
13. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#9)
12. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#14)
11. Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#10)
10. OneRepublic - Wherever I Go (#16)
9. Nick Jonas/Tove Lo - Close (#13)
8. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This is What You Came For (#12)
7. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (#6)
6. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#3)
5. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#4)
4. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took a Pill in Ibiza (#7)
3. Pink - Just Like Fire (#2)
2. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (#5)
1. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling (#1)


Biggest Drop: X Ambassadors - Unsteady (-20)
Biggest Jump: Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (+18)

Do What Symon Blurb

Say is amazing!!! It's been on Hit-Bound for three and a half months. It's about time it debuted.

The 1975 are back with The Sound. It's been on Hit-Bound even longer than Say, and it's kind of old now. I'm totally fine with this though.

Drake now has two songs on the countdown as he debuts with One Dance. It should have debuted in like, May, but at least it's here. It's very catchy.

And now for the most controversial debut this week. That is Lukas Graham - Mama Said. I find this to be a great song, and I know exactly why many hate it. It's because of the little kids singing, which I think is cute. I guess I'm one of those people who likes "annoying" voices.

Work needs to leave! It's not popular anymore! Same with Me, Myself and I!

Okay...Lost Boy dropped 12. I wish it could stay a little longer. But not as long as Work has been staying.

Wild Things dropped 13 spots. Unfair!

Victorious unexpectedly jumped 16 spots. I'm fine with this if the following doesn't happen:

It doesn't re-enter the top 10.
It drops next week.

Somehow I am still enjoying this song. It's just fun.

That certain band I was talking about earlier was Fall Out Boy!!! Goodbye from the countdown!

Many died in the Nice attacks in France and the Turkey coup d'état attempt this week, so #PrayForNice #PrayForTurkey

Seriously, Stressed Out jumped? Why?

I'm still hoping for Just Like Fire to hit #1.

My top 5
5. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This is What You Came For
4. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
3. Alessia Cara - Wild Things
2. Symon - Say
1. Meghan Trainor - Me Too

Hit-Bound
Alesso/Nico and Vinz - I Wanna Know
Demi Lovato - Body Say (DEBUT)
The Strumbellas - Spirits
Bebe Rexha/Nicki Minaj - No Broken Hearts
Flo Rida/Jason Derulo - Hello Friday
5 Seconds of Summer - Girls Talk Boys (DEBUT)
Jordan Fisher - All About Us
Troye Sivan/Alessia Cara - Wild (DEBUT)
Coldplay - Hymn For the Weekend (DEBUT)
AJR - I'm Not Famous
Ben Rector - Brand New
Magic! - Red Dress
Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick
Katy Perry - Rise (DEBUT)

Top 5 Hit-Bound
5. Magic! - Red Dress
4. Ben Rector - Brand New
3. 5 Seconds of Summer - Girls Talk Boys
2. Demi Lovato - Body Say
1. Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick

20 comments:

  1. YAAAASSSSSS YAAAAAASSSSSS HYMN FOR THE WEEKEND YAAAAAASSSSSSS

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND THE SOUND OF SILENCE LEFT HITBOUND YAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parker, can you rate every 5SOS song that has been on the countdown plus GTB?

    My review:
    SLSP: 0.5/10, might change if I listen to it again.
    Amnesia: 8/10, grew into it
    WILAY: 9.5/10
    SKH: 9.5/10
    Hey Everybody: 9.5/10
    GTB: 10/10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SLSP: 0/10
      Amnesia: 0/10
      WILAY: 0/10
      SKH: I don't even want to say it/10
      Hey Everybody: 0/10
      GTB: 0.5/10
      JBH: 0/10

      Well that was easy!

      Delete
  4. Hymn For The Weekend is your least favorite song on Hit-Bound? Well I like it but I do see why you wouldn't. Is that just the Seeb remix and do you like the original?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While HFTW was playing on Hit-Bound my mom was reviewing today's countdown with me, so I did not hear it. I'm glad it's the SeeB remix that played. It's okay for now, I might grow into it soon.

      Delete
  5. Omg wth is wrong with Hymn For The Weekend??? That song is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me, it's boring. The remix is a little better.

      Delete
    2. I don't see how the song is boring. I can understand if Adventure of a Lifetime was boring. But I felt Hymn For The Weekend was a reasonable step up. But I respect your opinion.

      Delete
    3. I didn't think Adventure of a Lifetime was boring...

      Delete
    4. I respect your opinion too.

      Delete
  6. "Now for the most controversial debut this week. That is Mama Said which I FIND TO BE A GREAT SONG"

    I posted my opinions on my recommendations for the wutchuwant countdown. They are on the "Summer Soundtrack" post.

    Also, weekend countdown on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. I forgot a blurb.
    Girls Talk Boys>She's Kinda Hot>What I Like About You>Hey Everybody>Jet Black Heart>Amnesia>She Looks So Perfect

    ReplyDelete