This was kind of a crazy week. I really thought this would be a 5-exit week. But there were 3 instead. Each one was at least six months old.
Exits:
Demi Lovato - Confident (#33)
Selena Gomez - Same Old Love (#36)
One Direction - Drag Me Down (#42)
The countdown:
45. Ellie Goulding - Something in the Way You Move (#43)
44. We the Kings - The Story of Tonight (#37)
43. G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself & I (#45)
42. Gwen Stefani - Make Me Like You (#44)
41. Rihanna/Drake - Work (#39)
40. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - I Know What You Did Last Summer (#40)
39. The Summer Set - Figure Me Out (debut) (I knew you could do it!!!)
38. Tryon - Somebody to Love Me (#31)
37. Adele - Hello (#35)
36. The Chainsmokers/Rozes - Roses (#29)
35. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#22)
34. Taylor Swift - Out of the Woods (#34)
33. Nick Jonas/Tove Lo - Close (#32)
32. Justin Bieber - Sorry (#38)
31. Rachel Platten - Stand By You (#30)
30. The Weeknd - In the Night (#41)
29. Charlie Puth - One Call Away (#26)
28. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#20)
27. Grace - You Don't Own Me (#27)
26. Fall Out Boy/Demi Lovato - Irresistible (#24)
25. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#21)
24. Jason Derulo - If it Ain't Love (debut)
23. One Direction - Perfect (#19)
22. Pink - Just Like Fire (#17)
21. Zara Larsson/MNEK - Never Forget You (#25)
20. Meghan Trainor - No (#4) (Nah to the ah to the no no no! This is not acceptable!)
19. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (debut)
18. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (#23)
17. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took a Pill in Ibiza (#18)
16. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling (#28)
15. Elle King - America's Sweetheart (#14)
14. Justin Bieber - Love Yourself (#12)
13. 5 Seconds of Summer - Jet Black Heart (#11)
12. Selena Gomez - Hands to Myself (#13)
11. James Bay - Let it Go (#9)
10. One Direction - History (#10)
9. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home (#15)
8. Zayn - Pillowtalk (#16)
7. Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#8)
6. Lukas Graham - 7 Years (#7)
5. Troye Sivan - Youth (#6)
4. Flo Rida - My House (#2)
3. DNCE - Cake By the Ocean (#1)
2. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#5)
1. Panic! at the Disco - Victorious (#3)
Biggest Drop: Meghan Trainor - No (-16)
Biggest Jump: Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling (+12)
Entrants:
The Summer Set - Figure Me Out is a good song and I'm happy it made the countdown.
Jason Derulo - If it Ain't Love is very good. It's not like Get Ugly.
The record for highest debut this year has been broken. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down has debuted at #19. It's still a pretty good song. I first heard this three months ago and I loved it. It's still good. Nice job.
Comments:
I have no idea how Gwen Stefani - Make Me Like You jumped. That song got no airplay this week.
The Weeknd - In the Night needs to leave again.
The drop from Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty was unexpected. Second-week drops aren't good.
Zara Larsson/MNEK - Never Forget You jumped again! YAY!
I bet that Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling will be #1 sometime. I hope so.
Why did Selena Gomez - Hands to Myself and Zayn - Pillowtalk jump? Unfair.
Meghan Trainor - Me Too, Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover), and Symon - Say should debut the countdown soon. They're pretty good.
Lukas Graham - 7 Years still has the potential to hit #1. It's #1 on the radio charts. This song just needs to leave the top 10 and the countdown. It's that bad. But don't worry, Lukas Graham. I like your other song called Mama Said.
I have a feeling that Troye Sivan - Youth could hit #1 soon. I hope so too.
I am so sick of Flo Rida - My House.
Hopefully DNCE - Cake By the Ocean and Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out are done being #1. For good.
Well, Panic! at the Disco - Victorious is... victorious. I didn't think it could ever be #1. I'm happy about this, but I would like it to start moving down soon.
My top 5:
5. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling
4. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down
3. Zara Larsson/MNEK - Never Forget You
2. Jason Derulo - If it Ain't Love
1. Meghan Trainor - No
July/August 2014 throwback debuts:
Chromeo - Jealous (I Ain't With It) (July 4, 2014)
Rita Ora - I Will Never Let You Down (July 4, 2014)
Pharrell/Miley Cyrus - Come Get it Bae (July 4, 2014)
5 Seconds of Summer - Amnesia (July 4, 2014)
Ingrid Michaelson - Girls Chase Boys (July 12, 2014)
The Summer Set - Lightning in a Bottle (July 12, 2014)
Capital Cities - One Minute More (July 19, 2014)
Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass (July 26, 2014)
The Madden Brothers - We Are Done (July 26, 2014)
X Ambassadors/Jamie N Commons - Jungle (July 26, 2014)
Ed Sheeran - Don't (August 2, 2014)
Kalin and Myles - Love Robbery (August 2, 2014)
Ariana Grande/Zedd - Break Free (August 2, 2014)
Echosmith - Cool Kids (August 9, 2014)
Katy Perry - This is How We Do (August 9, 2014)
Pitbull/John Ryan - Fireball (August 9, 2014)
Travis Mills - All I Wanna Do (August 16, 2014)
Enrique Iglesias/Sean Paul - Bailando (August 16, 2014)
Taylor Swift - Shake it Off (August 23, 2014)
Iggy Azalea/Rita Ora - Black Widow (August 30, 2014)
Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Bang Bang (August 30, 2014)
Becky G - Shower (August 30, 2014)
Jason Derulo - Trumpets (August 30, 2014)
Heymous Molly - Life's a Beach (August 30, 2014)
Tove Lo - Habits (Stay High) (August 30, 2014)
My top 5 throwback debuts:
5. Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Bang Bang
4. Katy Perry - This is How We Do
3. Ingrid Michaelson - Girls Chase Boys
2. Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass
1. Taylor Swift - Shake it Off
I will also post my top 5 throwbacks for the other posts.
January/February 2014:
5. Zendaya - Replay
4. Paramore - Ain't it Fun
3. AJR - I'm Ready
2. Lorde - Team
1. Haim - The Wire
March/April 2014:
5. Katy Perry - Birthday
4. Shakira/Rihanna - Can't Remember to Forget You
3. Oh Honey - Be Okay
2. NONONO - Pumpin' Blood
1. Ed Sheeran - Sing
May/June 2014:
5. Kim Cesarion - Undressed
4. Tiësto/Matthew Koma - Wasted
3. Ariana Grande - Problem
2. Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne - Rather Be
1. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX - Fancy
August 30, 2014 was the worst 6 exits week in 2014.
ReplyDeleteWhy?
DeleteBecause Am I Wrong had the biggest jump.
DeleteThe worst week overall in 2014 was 02/15/14(no exits) and the best week overall in that year was 10/11/14(6 exits).
I liked Am I Wrong! Why don't you like it?
DeleteI got sick of it. I'm back to liking it.
Delete