Saturday, May 14, 2016

DNCE (4) - May 14, 2016

It's time for a 5-exit week. Hopefully that will happen next week. Here are the exits this week:

Ellie Goulding - On My Mind (#32)
Jason Derulo - Get Ugly (#41) (THANK YOU!!!)
Coldplay - Adventure of a Lifetime (#44)

The Countdown:
45. G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself & I (#45)
44. Gwen Stefani - Make Me Like You (#19)
43. Ellie Goulding - Something in the Way You Move (#43)
42. One Direction - Drag Me Down (#42)
41. The Weeknd - In the Night (re-entry)
40. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - I Know What You Did Last Summer (#35)
39. Rihanna/Drake - Work (#39)
38. Justin Bieber - Sorry (#30)
37. We the Kings - The Story of Tonight (#38)
36. Selena Gomez - Same Old Love (#37)
35. Adele - Hello (#34)
34. Taylor Swift - Out of the Woods (#33)
33. Demi Lovato - Confident (#9)
32. Nick Jonas/Tove Lo - Close (#31)
31. Tryon - Somebody to Love Me (#23)
30. Rachel Platten - Stand by You (#36)
29. The Chainsmokers/Rozes - Roses (#28)
28. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling (debut)
27. Grace - You Don't Own Me (#40) (Yes!!!!!)
26. Charlie Puth - One Call Away (#17)
25. Zara Larsson/MNEK - Never Forget You (#21) (Are you serious???) 
24. Fall Out Boy/Demi Lovato - Irresistible (#25) (Are you serious???)
23. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (#24)
22. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#29)
21. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (debut)
20. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#18)
19. One Direction - Perfect (#12)
18. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took a Pill in Ibiza (#16)
17. P!nk - Just Like Fire (#27)
16. Zayn - Pillowtalk (#20)
15. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home (#14)
14. Elle King - America's Sweetheart (#13)
13. Selena Gomez - Hands to Myself (#26)
12. Justin Bieber/Ed Sheeran - Love Yourself (#7)
11. 5 Seconds of Summer - Jet Black Heart (#11)
10. One Direction - History (#22)
9. James Bay - Let it Go (#15)
8. Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#10)
7. Lukas Graham - 7 Years (#6)
6. Troye Sivan - Youth (#5)
5. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#2)
4. Meghan Trainor - No (#3)
3. Panic! at the Disco - Victorious (#8) 
2. Flo Rida - My House (#4)
1. DNCE - Cake by the Ocean (#1)

Biggest Drop: Gwen Stefani - Make Me Like You (-25)
Biggest Jump: Tie between Grace - You Don't Own Me and Selena Gomez - Hands to Myself (+13)

Entrants:
The Weeknd - In the Night's re-entry was kind of unnecessary. Leave next week, please.

I love Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling! I hope it does well.

I think I've known Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty for a couple of months now. It's still good though.

Comments:
R.I.P. Ellie Goulding - On My Mind.

Two records (for this year) were tied this week. The first was from Gwen Stefani - Make Me Like You. When The Chainsmokers/Rozes - Roses dropped 8 spots, I thought it would drop 30 spots. But I predicted that Make Me Like You would drop 25...and somehow it did.

The other was from the new Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty. It would have been better if it debuted at #20 or higher so it would break Dawin - Dessert's record. Same with Gwen Stefani - Make Me Like You. It should have dropped 26 spots to break the record...wait...but I like that song!

Oh my gosh, can One Direction's Drag Me Down and Perfect leave? Drag Me Down can leave next week, but maybe Perfect can leave in two weeks.

Justin Bieber - Sorry may be leaving us next week.

Selena Gomez - Same Old Love has now been in the 30s for THREE MONTHS. That's rare.

Demi Lovato - Confident dropped by 24. That's good.

Nick Jonas/Tove Lo - Close and Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took a Pill in Ibiza need to jump immediately.

I don't think X Ambassadors - Unsteady can get past #22. I also don't think Elle King - America's Sweetheart can get past #13.

I have a feeling that P!nk - Just Like Fire can be #1 in a month or two.

I'm happy that Lukas Graham - 7 Years is dropping, but I'm not happy that Meghan Trainor - No is dropping.

We need a new #1. It should be:
One Direction - History
James Bay - Let it Go
Taylor Swift - New Romantics
Troye Sivan - Youth
Meghan Trainor - No
Even Panic! at the Disco - Victorious would be a good #1. Just for one week though.

May/June 2014 throwback debuts:
Magic! - Rude (May 3, 2014)
DJ Cassidy/Robin Thicke/Jessie J - Calling All Hearts (May 3, 2014)
Nico and Vinz - Am I Wrong (May 3, 2014)
Rixton - Me and My Broken Heart (May 3, 2014)
Disclosure/Sam Smith - Latch (May 10, 2014)
Halsey - Ghost (May 10, 2014)
Kongos - Come With Me Now (May 10, 2014)
Calvin Harris - Summer (May 10, 2014)
Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX - Fancy (May 10, 2014)
Bleachers - I Wanna Get Better (May 17, 2014)
Jason Derulo/Snoop Dogg - Wiggle (May 24, 2014)
Tiësto - Red Lights (May 31, 2014)
Ariana Grande - Problem (May 31, 2014)
Pitbull/G.R.L. - Wild Wild Love (May 31, 2014)
Sia - Chandelier (June 7, 2014)
Fall Out Boy - Young Volcanoes (June 7, 2014)
Timeflies - All the Way (June 14, 2014)
Jennifer Lopez - First Love (June 14, 2014)
DJ Snake/Lil Jon - Turn Down For What (June 14, 2014)
Sam Smith - Stay With Me (June 21, 2014)
Maroon 5 - Maps (June 21, 2014)
Kim Cesarion - Undressed (June 21, 2014)
Coldplay/Avicii - A Sky Full of Stars (June 21, 2014)
Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne - Rather Be (June 28, 2014)
Tiësto/Matthew Koma - Wasted (June 28, 2014)
Charli XCX - Boom Clap (June 28, 2014)
Demi Lovato/Cher Lloyd - Really Don't Care (June 28, 2014)

2 comments: