Saturday, June 10, 2017

Zedd/Alessia Cara (3) - June 10, 2017

Image result for stay music video zedd

Hey guys, sorry I skipped a week. I just am really lazy sometimes :P I'm hoping to get my future posts out earlier. No exits this week, so straight to the countdown.



Oh, and also, a surprise.

































45. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things (#42)

44. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (#45)
43. Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving (#44)
42. One Ok Rock - American Girls (#43)
41. Niall Horan - This Town (#40)
40. Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later (#39)
39. DNCE - Kissing Strangers (#41)
38. The Vamps/Matoma - All Night (#37)
37. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (#36)
36. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper - I'm The One (#35)
35. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#25)
34. Jason Derulo/Ty Dolla $ign/Nicki Minaj - Swalla (#31)
33. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#33)
32. Hey Violet - Break My Heart (#34)
31. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide (#21)
30. Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#30)
29. Ocean Park Standoff - Good News (#38)
28. Maroon 5 - Cold (#22)
27. Liam Payne/Quavo - Strip That Down (#27)
26. Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls (#32)
25. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap (#24)
24. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#29)
23. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#18)
22. Miley Cyrus - Malibu (#26)
21. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#20)
20. Train - Play That Song (#19)
19. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar (#28)
18. Harry Styles - Sign Of The Times (#15)
17. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#16)
16. Halsey - Now Or Never (#17)
15. Lady Gaga - The Cure (#14)
14. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#11)
13. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#10)
12. Charlie Puth - Attention (#12)
11. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#9)
10. AJR - Weak (#23)
9. Panic! at the Disco - L.A. Devotee (#13)
8. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#8)
7. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#4)
6. Julia Michaels - Issues (#6)
5. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You (#7)
4. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#1)
3. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#3)
2. Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill (#2)
1. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay (#5)

Why I'm doing this? It takes less time than what my past posts required. And I want to get my posts out earlier, as I said. **Also, a highlighted song means it is at its peak.**


Biggest Drop: Tie between MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (25-35, -10) and Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide (21-31, -10)


Biggest Jump: AJR - Weak (23-10, +13)


Hit-Bound

  • All Time Low - Good Times
  • Jon Bellion - Overwhelming
  • Carly Rae Jepsen - Cut To The Feeling 
  • Camila Cabello - Crying In The Club
  • Erin Bowman - Good Time, Good Life
  • Bruno Mars - Versace On The Floor
  • Paramore - Hard Times
  • Katy Perry/Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish
  • Shawn Hook/Vanessa Hudgens - Reminding Me
  • Julia Michaels - Uh Huh (DEBUT)
  • Imagine Dragons - Thunder 
  • Mansionz/G-Eazy - Wicked
  • Noah Cyrus - Stay Together
  • [Exit: Fall Out Boy - Young & Menace]
Young and Menace is probably the first Fall Out Boy song to leave Hit-Bound in years. Not surprised this is the one though.

I think Wicked is about to turn into Red Dress 2.0. Really. I like you, but you gotta leave soon.

Hard Times is really, really good. The only problem I have with it is the "And I gotta get to rock bottom" part after each chorus. It's exactly like the "BETTA THAN HE CAN" of 2017.

Top 5 Picks
5. Bruno Mars - Versace On The Floor
4. Noah Cyrus - Stay Together
3. Camila Cabello - Crying In The Club
2. Paramore - Hard Times
1. Katy Perry/Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish

Blurb My Heart
I want to talk about two things this week. First is that you might be noticing a change in many songs' colors. The reason why this is happening is because I am testing a new personal chart style, so some songs that I really like can be higher on the chart faster. The chart will not be in effect this week, but maybe in 3 weeks. No joke, it is actually a top 100 chart, and I guess it takes more time :/ but I could work on it throughout the week.

The second thing I want to talk about is the song Bad Liar. It is in blue now, and it is for a reason. You all will hate me when I say this because this is one of the rare cases in which I say this, but I think the song is kinda...annoying. Her voice is just too high throughout the song. I think there's more that makes it slightly annoying, but it's also a little catchy and that's why it's not in red.

I'm too lazy to talk about stuff, so there will only be a couple more blurbs.

I've noticed that Play That Song has been hanging around the #17-#23 range lately. Honestly, it feels like it'll never leave that range, except for last week, which I missed. Way to get people mad, Hits 1.

As you all noticed, Weak jumped into the top 10 this week. The Hits 1 crew are definitely AJR stans (as well as many other people and bands), so it's not surprising. And I'm saying that because it's only the 39th most played song on pop radio right now. I'm definitely happy about it. But what's cool to me about this being in the top 10 is that I knew this song the entire time, before you all. READ HERE!

Top 5 Picks [don't be surprised!]
5. Liam Payne/Quavo - Strip That Down
4. Charlie Puth - Attention
3. DNCE - Kissing Strangers
2. Jason Derulo/Ty Dolla $ign/Nicki Minaj - Swalla
1. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay

Top 20 Review

-1 -Worst Song
20. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go

0-Crap
NONE

1-Bad
NONE

2-Old
19. The Chainsmokers - Paris

3-Decent
18. Harry Styles - Sign of the Times
17. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar
16. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy

4-Good
Too lazy to rank!

5-Great
2. Charlie Puth - Attention

6-Best Song
1. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay


Total: 73/100 (Good)


Most Missed Song: Charli XCX - Break the Rules

#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Post Malone/Quavo - Congratulations

My mom's favorite and least favorite countdown songs will be back next week.

Guess the Song
  • I was in the top 20 of a WC year-end list (2014-2016).
  • I peaked at #2 on the WC.
  • I did not reach the top 5 on the Hot 100.
  • My main artist is not from the USA.
  • [Comment if you need another hint]

38 comments:

  1. Congratulations will probably not make it on here if Bad And Boujee didn't

    ReplyDelete
  2. The week he skipped also has 5 exits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mentioning this early but the top 5 of the Hits 1 rankdown will be revealed on Friday! Probably at 5pm EST, but might possibly be earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was obviously put in the inactive blogs list because the countdown started to do poorly last year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apparently, we have no exits again :P. This sucks, I really want a 7 exit week next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 8. Lady Gaga - The Cure

    Didn't think this would happen. Still, Here's to hoping it stays there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 7. Linkin Park featuring Kiiara - Heavy

    You know, it's songs like these that can't stay in one place. It can either enter the Top 10 one week and leave there the next week.

    Will have the rest of the countdown soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Is this gonna become the new Unsteady?

      Delete
    2. Can't say at the moment. I'm just pointing out that it's all over the place since it entered the countdown.

      Delete
    3. I don't think it will. It's losing a lot of spins on radio so there's no way it'll be staying here longer. Unless Hits 1 just keeps it around for no reason.

      Delete
  8. Well Adrian will like this week because Weak left the top 10 and Malibu entered the top 20.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Top 5 entrant:

    Imagine Dragons - Believer

    ReplyDelete
  10. #1 will either be Castle On The Hill or Something Just Like This.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's Something Just Like This at #1! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know what'd be really interesting?

    If this would be SJLT's last week at #1 (hopefully not), it'd be alongside both of New Romantics' 1 year ago #1 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like it to stay at #1.

      Delete
    2. HOLD UP!

      According to Wikipedia, and I can confirm with my memory:
      "Something Just Like This" Released February 22, 2017
      "New Romantics" Released February 23, 2016
      Well it's not the same day but close enough.

      Delete
    3. Actually, if you want to get technical, New Romantics has existed as early as 2014 when 1989 first dropped.

      And it "released" right before a leap day.

      Delete
  13. Is the countdown posted anywhere as a comment?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here's the countdown.

    Exits:
    None (second week in a row)

    45. Maroon 5 - Don’t Wanna Know (#44) [3 Weeks At #1]
    44. Machine Gun Kelly featuring Camila Cabello - Bad Things (#45)
    43. Hailee Steinfeld and Grey featuring Zedd - Starving (#44) [4 Weeks At #1]
    42. Niall Horan - This Town (#41)
    41. ONE OK ROCK - American Girls (#42)
    40. Steve Aoki featuring Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#33)
    39. Fitz and The Tantrums - HandClap (#25)
    38. Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later (#40)
    37. Zayn featuring Taylor Swift - I Don’t Wanna Live Forever (#30)
    36. Calvin Harris featuring Frank Ocean and Migos - Slide (#31)
    35. The Vamps featuring Matoma - All Night (#38)
    34. Maroon 5 - Cold (#28)
    33. DJ Khaled featuring Justin Bieber and Chance The Rapper - I’m The One (#36)
    32. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (#37)
    31. Jason Derulo featuring Ty Dolla $ign and Nicki Minaj - Swalla (#34)
    30. MAX featuring Gnash - Lights Down Low (#35)
    29. DNCE - Kissing Strangers (#41)
    28. Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls (#26)
    27. Ocean Park Standoff - Good News (#29)
    26. Liam Payne featuring Quavo - Strip That Down (#27)
    25. Train - Play That Song (#20)
    24. The Chainsmokers featuring Halsey - Closer (#24) [8 Weeks At #1]
    23. Harry Styles - Sign Of The Times (#18)
    22. Hey Violet - Break My Heart (#32)
    21. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#23)
    20. Miley Cyrus - Malibu (#22)
    19. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar (#19)
    18. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#21)
    17. Bruno Mars - That’s What I Like (#17)
    16. Halsey - Now Or Never (#16)
    15. AJR - Weak (#10)
    14. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#7)
    13. Julia Michaels - Issues (#6)
    12. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee (#9)
    11. The Chainsmokers - Paris [1 Week At #1]
    10. Charlie Puth - Attention (#12)
    9. James Arthur - Say You Won’t Let Go (#11)
    8. Lady Gaga - The Cure (#15)
    7. Linkin Park featuring Kiiara - Heavy (#14)
    6. Kygo featuring Selena Gomez - It Ain’t Me (#8)
    5. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#7)
    4. Shawn Mendes - There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back (#4) [1 Week At #1]
    3. Zedd featuring Alessia Cara - Stay (#1) [3 Weeks At #1]
    2. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#2) [2 Weeks At #1]
    1. The Chainsmokers featuring Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#3) [2nd Week At #1]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Althugh there are some errors where the place last week was for mony songs

      Delete
    2. Biggest jump: Kissing Strangers & Break My Heart (+10)
      Biggest drop: HandClap (-14)
      Right?

      Delete
  15. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  16. My countdown post is out!

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2017/06/the-chainsmokers-and-coldplay-2-week-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Omg. Roasted...

    http://pulsemusic.proboards.com/post/6167942/thread

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha true. I think I said it once on these blogs, but the behavior here would not be accepted on the Pulse Music Board.

      Delete
    2. Yeah I remember you saying that.

      Delete
  18. I'm so upset that we had no exits again this week. We MUST have a 7 exit week next week. Next week need to have the same number of exits as we had 6️⃣0️⃣3️⃣ days ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For those of you waiting for the 7 exit week, next week should be the time. If not, fine I guess.

      Delete
  19. I forgot to mention this earlier, but is the guess the song Kongos - Come With Me Now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!

      Here's another one I was going to do on my countdown post, but I'm skipping this week since I'm not finished with my personal chart from last week. In its place I'll have 3 bonus posts this week.

      My artist currently has a song on Hit-Bound.
      The album that both the Hit-Bound song and I were on has a number in its title.
      I was on the WC, but I did not hit #1 there.
      You should be down to 2 songs. The number in my album title is 7 lower than the other option.
      [Comment if you need another hint]

      Delete