Saturday, May 27, 2017

The Chainsmokers/Coldplay (1) - May 27, 2017

Image result for the chainsmokers

So sorry that this post had to be out late. I was just really lazy last weekend. I've decided if that a post isn't out by, like Monday or Tuesday, then I'll post it on Saturday so two countdown posts will be out back-to-back.

As you all know, there was an attack in Manchester on Monday [two Mondays ago], at an Ariana Grande concert. Let's have a moment of silence.




Okay. And also, congratulations Adrian for graduating! Anyway, the countdown was wacky this week. Let's see the two exits:


G-Eazy/Kehlani - Good Life

Last Week: #36 | Peak: #36 | Weeks on Chart: 01 [First one-weeker since 2014]

Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained to the Rhythm

Last Week: #43 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 14

The countdown:


45. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things

Last Week: #42 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 20

44. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know

Last Week: #37 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 32

43. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel it Coming

Last Week: #45 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 19

42. Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving

Last Week: #41 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 37

41. Zayn/PartyNextDoor - Still Got Time

Last Week: #38 | Peak: #38 | Weeks on Chart: 02

40. Niall Horan - This Town

Last Week: #44 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 34

39. Aaron Carter - Sooner or Later

Last Week: #40 | Peak: #37 | Weeks on Chart: 03

38. One Ok Rock - American Girls

Last Week: #39 | Peak: #38 | Weeks on Chart: 03

37. The Vamps/Matoma - All Night

Last Week: #22 | Peak: #16 | Weeks on Chart: 08

36. DNCE - Kissing Strangers

Last Week: #33 | Peak: #33 | Weeks on Chart: 02

35. Liam Payne/Quavo - Strip That Down (DEBUT)

Last Week: #__ | Peak: #35 | Weeks on Chart: 01

34. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul

Last Week: #35 | Peak: #11 | Weeks on Chart: 17

33. Machine Gun Kelly/Hailee Steinfeld - At My Best

Last Week: #31 | Peak: #31 | Weeks on Chart: 02

32. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On

Last Week: #32 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 24

31. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer

Last Week: #29 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 41

30. Miley Cyrus - Malibu (DEBUT)

Last Week: #__ | Peak: #30 | Weeks on Chart: 01

29. Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever

Last Week: #30 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 24

28. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye

Last Week: #25 | Peak: #09 | Weeks on Chart: 10

27. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low

Last Week: #28 | Peak: #26 | Weeks on Chart: 08

26. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper - I'm the One (#hellogenrebias)

Last Week: #23 | Peak: #23 | Weeks on Chart: 03

25. Train - Play That Song

Last Week: #19 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 27

24. AJR - Weak

Last Week: #18 | Peak: #17 | Weeks on Chart: 13

23. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap

Last Week: #21 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 21

22. Jason Derulo/Ty Dolla $ign/Nicki Minaj - Swalla

Last Week: #34 | Peak: #22 | Weeks on Chart: 02

21. Niall Horan - Slow Hands

Last Week: #16 | Peak: #16 | Weeks on Chart: 03

20. Maroon 5 - Cold

Last Week: #27 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 15

19. The Chainsmokers - Paris

Last Week: #09 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 17

18. Panic! at the Disco - L.A. Devotee

Last Week: #12 | Peak: #08 | Weeks on Chart: 11

17. Shawn Mendes - Mercy

Last Week: #26 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 21

16. Halsey - Now or Never

Last Week: #14 | Peak: #14 | Weeks on Chart: 07

15. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide

Last Week: #15 | Peak: #15 | Weeks on Chart: 07

14. Harry Styles - Sign of the Times

Last Week: #24 | Peak: #14 | Weeks on Chart: 07

13. Lady Gaga - The Cure

Last Week: #13 | Peak: #13 | Weeks on Chart: 05

12. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go

Last Week: #10 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 25

11. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like

Last Week: #17 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 16

10. Charlie Puth - Attention

Last Week: #20 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 05

09. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy

Last Week: #07 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 14

08. Julia Michaels - Issues

Last Week: #08 | Peak: #08 | Weeks on Chart: 17

07. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You

Last Week: #03 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 20

06. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me

Last Week: #06 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 14

05. Imagine Dragons - Believer

Last Week: #05 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 11

04. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back

Last Week: #11 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 05

03. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay

Last Week: #02 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 13

02. Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill

Last Week: #01 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 15

01. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This

Last Week: #04 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 07

Biggest Drop: The Vamps/Matoma - All Night (-15)

Biggest Jump: Jason Derulo/Ty Dolla $ign/Nicki Minaj - Swalla (+12)

New Entrants

Strip That Down is really good. Of course, the meaning is strange, but the verses and chorus are insanely catchy. But however, am I the only one who thinks that Liam sounds like Justin Timberlake?

Malibu is fun. It's not that amazing but still good. I did mention this recently, but I like the guitar-instrument-thingy in the chorus. That's really my favorite part of the song. But the rest isn't amazing I guess. I still like her sister's music more.


Hit-Bound

  • Sam Hunt - Body Like a Back Road
  • Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls
  • Jon Bellion - Overwhelming
  • Camila Cabello - Crying in the Club
  • Hey Violet - Break My Heart
  • Katy Perry/Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish
  • Ocean Park Standoff - Good News
  • Selena Gomez - Bad Liar
  • Erin Bowman - Good Time Good Life
  • Fall Out Boy - Young and Menace
  • Noah Cyrus - Stay Together
  • Mansionz/G-Eazy - Wicked
  • Bruno Mars - Versace on the Floor (RE-ENTRY)
Top 5 Picks
5. Bruno Mars - Versace on the Floor
4. Hey Violet - Break My Heart
3. Katy Perry/Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish
2. Camila Cabello - Crying in the Club
1. Noah Cyrus - Stay Together

The Sky's More Blue.......in Maliblurb

So I think Hits 1 just picks up on the songs they like first, then in the middle of the week they check how it is doing on radio and if it's flopping, they just have it drop on the countdown or even leave. Can't they just look to see if the song is flopping before and if it is, not pick up on it?

So yeah, with the songs not or hardly even on the radio charts, we have two songs on the WC for three weeks with peaks of only #37 and #38...


4 of the 5 debuts dropped or left this week. Thank goodness Swalla survived this.


It's unfortunate to see All Night drop. That was a nice song.


I think this might be the end for Play That Song.


How is Mercy back in the top 20? I thought this was over.


After being at #20 for three consecutive weeks, Attention is now in the top 10. I didn't expect it so quickly, but thank you Hits 1 anyway!


I also did not expect to see There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back in the top 5 so quickly.


Top 5 Picks

5. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
4. One Ok Rock - American Girls
3. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul
2. Jason Derulo/Ty Dolla $ign/Nicki Minaj - Swalla
1. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay

Top 20 Review


-1 -Worst Song
20. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go

0-Crap

NONE

1-Bad

NONE

2-Old

19. Shawn Mendes - Mercy
18. The Chainsmokers - Paris

3-Decent

17. Harry Styles - Sign of the Times
16. Maroon 5 - Cold

4-Good

15. Panic! at the Disco - L.A. Devotee
14. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This
13. Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill
12. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
11. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy
10. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
9. Julia Michaels - Issues
8. Imagine Dragons - Believer
7. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide
6. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
5. Lady Gaga - The Cure
4. Charlie Puth - Attention

5-Great

3. Halsey - Now or Never
2. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like

6-Best Song

1. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay

Total: 73/100 (-3) (Good)

Last Week: 76/100 (Good)


#50Friday is out! Check it out HERE.


Most Missed Song: Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills


#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Iggy Azalea/Anitta - Switch


My Mom's Favorite Countdown Song: Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide


Guess the Song

Because of the delay, there will be no song guessing this week.

39 comments:

  1. If anyone needs the June 3 countdown and Hit-Bound, go to this comment:
    https://countdownguyblog.blogspot.com/2017/05/ed-sheeran-2-may-20-2017.html?showComment=1496493748598#c1693769476710575204

    You can look at the rest of the comments from there. And also, VOTF and GTGL are supposed to be switched on Hit-Bound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the moment of silence thing? Why shouldn't I do that, it's a prayer for the people lost in the attack.

      Delete
    2. Why would I care if you copied off me anyway? I copy off you every other week.

      For the first blurb (not off of me: I saw that somewhere else)

      Delete
  3. My weekend countdown recap is out!

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2017/06/shawn-mendes-1-week-of-june-3-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. What was the last one-weeker before Good Life again? Was it Out of the Woods or Welcome To New York?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flaws by Bastille and Out Of The Woods didn't last one week.

      Delete
    2. Out of the Woods did last one week in 2014, but that was before Flaws.

      Delete
    3. But Out Of The Woods re entered in 2015 and it was popular in 2016.

      Delete
    4. I know, but it was a one-week wonder in 2014 before it re-entered.

      Delete
  5. ., what are your thoughts on the following songs?

    Sia/Labrinth - To Be Human
    Kendrick Lamar - HUMBLE.
    Shaggy/OMI - Seasons
    Dua Lipa - Be the One
    AJR - I'm Not Famous
    Logic/Alessia Cara/Khalid - 1-800-273-8255

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HUMBLE. - Very catchy (9.5/10)
      I'm Not Famous - Not going to be "famous" again, still a good song (9/10)

      The rest I'll do later.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Omg I swear Noah. She's nothing like them! :/

      Delete
    2. No, I will lose interest in Fifth Harmony if she joins.

      Delete
  7. Since no one really has this week's countdown, I'll post it.

    Exits:
    None

    45. Bad Things
    44. Don't Wanna Know
    43. Starving
    42. American Girls
    41. This Town
    40. Sooner Or Later
    39. Kissing Strangers
    38. All Night
    37. Body Like A Back Road
    36. I'm The One
    35. Lights Down Low (biggest drop)
    34. Swalla
    33. Just Hold On
    32. Break My Heart
    31. Slide (also the biggest drop)
    30. I Don't Wanna Live Forever
    29. Good News
    28. Cold
    27. Strip That Down
    26. Most Girls

    Will have the rest later.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's some more of the countdown so far:

    25. HandClap
    24. Closer
    23. Mercy
    22. Malibu
    21. Slow Hands
    20. Play That Song
    19. Bad Liar
    18. Sign Of The Times
    17. That's What I Like
    16. Now Or Never
    15. The Cure
    14. Heavy
    13. Paris
    12. Attention
    11. Say You Won't Let Go

    ReplyDelete
  9. Top 10 Entrants:

    Weak (New)
    L.A. Devotee (Re-Entry)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Biggest Jump: AJR - Weak

    Heh, didn't think it would be this high. I wonder is this their first Top 10 song?

    Anyway, Adrian is gonna be super mad about this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So the guest DJ who introduced Believer gave a shout-out to Jane from Janesville. Very fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Top 5 Entrant:

    Shape Of You (Re-Entry)

    ReplyDelete
  13. 4. There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back

    That means we're gonna get a new #1 for this week. It's gonna either be Something Just Like This, Castle On The Hill, or Stay. I'm hoping it's the former.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 3. Something Just Like This

    It's either gonna be Stay or Castle On The Hill at #1.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Say You Won't Let Go shows up as a Most Wutchuwanted stop on Hit-Bound.

    Oh boy, . will be pissed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. In case anyone's wondering, here's the Hit-Bound list for this week:

    All Time Low - Good Times
    Jon Bellion - Overwhelming
    Carly Rae Jepsen - Cut To The Feeling
    Camila Cabello - Crying In The Club
    Erin Bowman - Good Time, Good Life
    Bruno Mars - Versace On The Floor
    Paramore - Hard Times
    Katy Perry featuring Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish
    Shawn Hook featuring Vanessa Hudgens - Reminding Me
    Julia Michaels - Uh Huh (DEBUT)
    Imagine Dragons - Thunder
    Mansionz featuring G-Eazy - Wicked
    Noah Cyrus - Stay Together

    Exit: Fall Out Boy - Young & Menace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many will be rejoicing over that departure. That debut, though...

      I'm very fascinated that Wicked is still here.

      Delete
    2. I swear, we are so alike. Even before this comment was published I was still wondering why Wicked was still here and not Good Time Good Life.

      Looks like Fall Out Boy isn't popular to Hits 1 anymore. And I'm liking the debut.

      Delete
    3. Because GTGL debuted before Wicked.

      Delete
    4. That debut is not gonna get very kind words from me. :/

      Delete
    5. I may have said, but Twitter user T3chJ3t called it THE worst song he had heard in a long time. As I said, Issues was at least funny-bad. This isn't.

      Delete
    6. .: I'm not gonna go as far and say that Fall Out Boy isn't popular anymore. I think it's the song itself. Hopefully they'll release a single that is radio friendly.

      Scott and Adrian, for the record, Uh Huh has the potential to be orange on my blog if it debuts. I talked about it briefly on this week's post. I may have liked​ Issues from the start, even though I am starting to grow out of it. But her new single, I just can't.

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. 2 LAZY :)

      I promise I'll post this week's WC sometime. Hopefully today.

      Delete
  18. My weekend countdown post is out:

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2017/06/zedd-and-alessia-cara-3-week-of-june-10.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  19. June 10 WC post won't be out today. Hopefully tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete