
So when I started listening to the countdown, the host (Spyder) announced LAST week's exits instead of this week's, but there was a normal countdown this week. Love on the Brain holding at the bottom spot made it more confusing, but I understood it after. There actually were no exits this week, so let's go straight to the countdown:
45. Rihanna - Love on the Brain
Last Week: #45 | Peak: #21 | Weeks on Chart: 14
44. James Hersey - Miss You
Last Week: #43 | Peak: #24 | Weeks on Chart: 09
43. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons
Last Week: #42 | Peak: #08 | Weeks on Chart: 22
42. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained to the Rhythm
Last Week: #44 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 12
41. Niall Horan - This Town
Last Week: #38 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 31
40. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel it Coming
Last Week: #39 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 16
39. Adele - Water Under the Bridge
Last Week: #40 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 23
38. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side to Side
Last Week: #41 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 28
37. Harry Styles - Sign of the Times
Last Week: #36 | Peak: #25 | Weeks on Chart: 04
36. Snakehips/MØ - Don't Leave
Last Week: #37 | Peak: #35 | Weeks on Chart: 05
35. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low
Last Week: #26 | Peak: #26 | Weeks on Chart: 05
34. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
Last Week: #32 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 30
33. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul
Last Week: #21 | Peak: #11 | Weeks on Chart: 14
32. Jon Bellion - All Time Low
Last Week: #34 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 26
31. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On
Last Week: #31 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 21
30. Halsey - Now or Never
Last Week: #30 | Peak: #30 | Weeks on Chart: 04
29. Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving
Last Week: #35 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 34
28. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things
Last Week: #28 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 17
27. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
Last Week: #27 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 29
26. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
Last Week: #29 | Peak: #26 | Weeks on Chart: 02
25. Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake
Last Week: #20 | Peak: #20 | Weeks on Chart: 03
24. Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
Last Week: #24 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 21
23. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap
Last Week: #23 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 18
22. The Vamps/Matoma - All Night
Last Week: #17 | Peak: #17 | Weeks on Chart: 05
21. Train - Play That Song
Last Week: #19 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 24
20. Charlie Puth - Attention
Last Week: #33 | Peak: #20 | Weeks on Chart: 02
19. Lady Gaga - The Cure
Last Week: #25 | Peak: #19 | Weeks on Chart: 02
18. AJR - Weak
Last Week: #22 | Peak: #17 | Weeks on Chart: 10
17. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide
Last Week: #16 | Peak: #16 | Weeks on Chart: 04
16. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy
Last Week: #15 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 11
15. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This
Last Week: #18 | Peak: #15 | Weeks on Chart: 04
14. Panic! at the Disco - L.A. Devotee
Last Week: #11 | Peak: #11 | Weeks on Chart: 08
13. Julia Michaels - Issues
Last Week: #14 | Peak: #13 | Weeks on Chart: 14
12. Maroon 5 - Cold
Last Week: #13 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 12
11. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye
Last Week: #12 | Peak: #09 | Weeks on Chart: 07
10. Imagine Dragons - Believer
Last Week: #09 | Peak: #08 | Weeks on Chart: 08
09. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
Last Week: #10 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 38
08. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
Last Week: #05 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 22
07. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
Last Week: #08 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 11
06. Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill
Last Week: #07 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 12
05. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
Last Week: #06 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 13
04. Shawn Mendes - Mercy
Last Week: #03 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 18
03. The Chainsmokers - Paris
Last Week: #01 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 14
02. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
Last Week: #02 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 17
01. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay (!!!!!)
Last Week: #04 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 10
Biggest Drop: Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul (21-33, -12)
Biggest Jump: Charlie Puth - Attention (33-20, +13)
Hit-Bound
- DNCE - Kissing Strangers
- DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper - I'm the One (DEBUT)
- Erin Bowman - Good Time Good Life
- Zayn/PartyNextDoor - Still Got Time
- G-Eazy/Kehlani - Good Life
- Niall Horan - Slow Hands (DEBUT)
- Fall Out Boy - Young and Menace
- Jon Bellion - Overwhelming
- Katy Perry - Bon Appétit
- Mansionz/G-Eazy - Wicked
- Hey Violet - Break My Heart
- Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls
- Ocean Park Standoff - Good News
- Jason Derulo/Ty Dolla $ign/Nicki Minaj - Swalla
- [Exit: Aaron Carter - Sooner or Later]
- [Exit: One Ok Rock - American Girls]
Slow Hands is better and more upbeat than This Town. It's nothing amazing, but I like it.
I unfortunately don't see Good Time Good Life and Still Got Time debuting the countdown.
I'm sorry Graham, but I just can't like Young and Menace. For the rest of you, I usually like songs that are "annoying" to most people, but I just can not stand this "drop" and it ruins the rest of the song.
Bon Appétit is now amazing. While it's not actually high enough on #50Friday to be classified as a pink song, I'm putting it in pink anyway. I like this better with Migos though.
I'm not happy to see American Girls gone. That was a really good song and I thank Hits 1 for introducing me to it. Sooner or Later was a good song too, it will be missed, I guess.
Top 5 Picks
5. G-Eazy/Kehlani - Good Life
4. DNCE - Kissing Strangers
3. Katy Perry - Bon Appétit
2. Zayn/PartyNextDoor - Still Got Time
1. Jason Derulo/Ty Dolla $ign/Nicki Minaj - Swalla
You Just Want Blurb-tention
This was a strange week. It felt like so many songs here held their spots or only moved one or two spots. So overall, an inactive week.
Thank goodness Lights Down Low is almost back in the bottom 10. This should flop soon and not be a hit here.
However, Heavydirtysoul had to have the biggest drop this week. I still really like this song a lot and it really didn't deserve this.
Now or Never unfortunately had to hold its spot. I have the unpopular opinion of liking this song, so I don't want to see it flop.
All Night did not deserve to drop out of the top 20. I enjoy this song a lot and I would like to see it do well in the future.
I also am enjoying Attention. This having the biggest jump was one of the highlights of this week.
I have now grown into The Cure. I really like this one's chorus.
Closer is still jumping? I have to agree with Adrian when he said this should be swapped with Something Just Like This.
Yes!!! Stay was definitely an amazing choice for #1. Hopefully it will "stay" there next week. Thank you Hits 1!
Top 5 Picks
5. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye
4. James Hersey - Miss You
3. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
2. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul
1. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay
Top 20 Review: May 6, 2017
-1 -Worst Song: 20. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
0-Crap: NONE
1-Bad: NONE
2-Old: 19. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer, 18. Shawn Mendes - Mercy, 17. The Chainsmokers - Paris
3-Decent: NONE
4-Good: 16. Panic! at the Disco - L.A. Devotee, 15. AJR - Weak, 14. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This, 13. Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill, 12. Lady Gaga - The Cure, 11. Selena Gomez/Kygo - It Ain't Me, 10. Charlie Puth - Attention, 9. Maroon 5 - Cold, 8. Julia Michaels - Issues, 7. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy, 6. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You, 5. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide
5-Great: 4. Imagine Dragons - Believer, 3. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye, 2. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
6-Best Song: 1. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay
Total: 74/100 (+1) (Good)
Last Week: 73/100 (Good)
Top 20 Reviews for 2014-2016 will be out later today or Sunday.
#50Friday is
Most Missed Song: Olivia Somerlyn - Parachute (because of the song's 3rd anniversary)
Throwback Pick: Earth, Wind, and Fire - September (1978)
#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Jax Jones/Raye - You Don't Know Me (I've been recommending this for way too long lol)
My Mom's Favorite Countdown Song: Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide
Guess the Song
- I debuted the same week as another song that was #1 on the WC in the month of February. This can be from the years 2015-2017.
- When I left the WC, Adrian had me in red.
- . has been known to love me.
- What song am I? Comment if you need another hint.
Is the song MisterWives - Reflections?
ReplyDelete*sees Throwback Pick*
ReplyDeleteI'm pleased to see that. Earth, Wind and Fire ftw.
Lol yes. Heard it the other night. That has to be one of my favorite 70s songs ever.
DeleteI say the three biggest songs of the entire Bee Gees career are the bets of the 70s (Stayin' Alive, Night Fever, and How Deep Is Your Love)
Delete*best
DeleteI don't see Break My Heart debuting the countdown.
ReplyDelete#maythireeenthshouldhavesevenexitsbutidontbelievethatitwill
ReplyDeleteStill, probably not, but you never know.
DeleteA six exit week is more likely gonna happen than a 7.
DeleteFun Fact: Since 2011, there have Ben the same number of 5 exit weeks as 6 exit weeks but I believe a 5 exit week is a bit more common.
*been
DeleteAs far as I know of, here's all the 5 exit weeks.
Delete1. 01/22/11
2. 06/25/11
3. 07/30/11
4. 10/01/11
5. 01/07/12
6. 09/08/12
7. 09/22/12
8. 12/08/12
9. 02/02/13
10. 08/17/13
11. 10/26/13
12. 11/09/13
13. 11/16/13
14. 02/08/14
15. 03/08/14
16. 04/19/14
17. 05/10/14
18. 11/01/14
19. 01/10/15
20. 01/17/15
21. 02/07/15
22. 06/18/16
And now, all the 6 exit weeks I know.
1. 02/19/11
2. 03/05/11
3. 03/26/11
4. 04/09/11
5. 04/30/11
6. 05/14/11
7. 09/24/11
8. 03/31/12
9. 04/21/12
10. 10/20/12
11. 02/09/13
12. 02/23/13
13. 03/23/13
14. 01/11/14
15. 08/30/14
16. 10/11/14
17. 10/25/14
18. 12/13/14
19. 02/21/15
20. 08/29/15
21. 11/21/15
22. 02/04/17
They both count to 22.
05/10/14 was the easiest 5 exit week to remember because 2 of the artists had 2 songs leaving that week.
DeleteWow.
DeleteWhat do you mean?
DeleteIt's cool how you gathered data from every single WC since 2011 and made a list of all the 5 and 6 exit weeks.
Delete7 exit weeks?
DeleteI've memorized the 7 exit weeks since 2013.
Delete07/20/13
05/30/15
10/24/15
05/18/13
Delete01/12/13
08/04/12
02/11/12
11/19/11
06/18/11
I've only counted 9 7 exit weeks but I'm pretty sure there were at least 15 of them in SXM history if it was there at since 2006 or before.
DeleteThat's enough with the hashtag, WAMB10.
DeleteI just listened to your recommendation because you've been recommending it a lot and...it's cool. It's not the best pop song out there but it's at least half-decent compared to a lot of the other ones. (It would be amazing if it weren't for the vocals)
ReplyDeleteI hate it!!!
DeleteWhat??? You Don't Know Me is not debuting Hits 1 at all!!! It's so annoying!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope it does.
DeleteNot because of your opinion, because I love it.
DeleteGood News! The Dogstar Radio website is up and running again. It's gathering new data right now.
ReplyDeleteTHANK GOD!!!
DeleteBad News! I'm sick today.
DeleteFeel better, but you shouldn't post it as a reply because it's irrelevant.
DeleteChanged.
ReplyDeleteWho the heck is Dry Clean Only and where did you even find them?
DeleteFrom Facebook.
DeleteSooner or Later (Hit-Bound dropout) played twice today.
ReplyDeleteYES!!!
DeleteAnd I also heard american girls
#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Skip Marley - Calm Down
ReplyDeleteRandom top 20 review (11/30/17):
ReplyDelete0 - Crap
20. Sweater Weather
1 - Bad
NONE
2 - Mediocre
19. This Is What It Feels Like
18. Unconditionally
3 - Decent
17. Stay The Night
16. Applause
15. Dance With Me Tonight
14. Slow Down
4 - Good
13. Wake Me Up
5 - Great
12. How I Feel
11. Demons
10. Royals
9. Roar
8. Miss Jackson
7. I Want Crazy
6. Rough Water
5. Still Into You
4. Timber
3. MSKWYDITD (LEU)
2. Classic
1. The Monster
Total Score: 80/100 (Fantastic)
I'm guessing you meant 11/30/13?
DeleteRandom Top 20 Review (01/10/15):
Delete-1 - Worst Song On The Countdown
20. Ella Henderson - Ghost
0 - Crap
19. Hozier - Take Me To Church
1 - Bad
18. One Direction - Steal My Girl
2 - Mediocre
17. Sheppard - Geronimo
3 - Decent
NONE
4 - Good
16. Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk
15. Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud
14. Taylor Swift - Shake It Off
5 - Great
13. Fall Out Boy - Centuries
12. Charli XCX - Break The Rules
11. MKTO - American Dream
10. Sam Smith - I'm Not The Only One
9. OneRepublic - I Lived
8. Andy Grammer - Honey I'm Good
7. Taylor Swift - Blank Space
6. The Vamps/Demi Lovato - Somebody To You
5. Maroon 5 - Animals
4. Nick Jonas - Jealous
3. Meghan Trainor - Lips Are Movin'
2. Ariana Grande/The Weeknd - Love Me Harder
1. Alessia/Tove Lo - Heroes
Total Score: (79/100) 79% Great
Good news, we may actually have 5 exits this week.
ReplyDeleteJust checked and I counted 3, possibly 4. That's fine I guess.
DeleteI think we're probably going to have 4 because Sooner Or Later stopped airing. Maybe it'll re enter HitBound because Hits 1 couldn't find enough new songs.
DeleteWhat were the entrants you were thinking?
DeleteI'm The One, Slow Hands, American Girls, & I Feel So Bad.
DeleteOh. I Feel So Bad left Hit-Bound a long time ago so I wasn't expecting it to debut.
DeleteI Feel So Bad does have a lot of spins and it appeared on one of the Wutchuwant Countdowns.
DeleteNew post out:
ReplyDeletehttp://hotfortychart.blogspot.com/2017/05/martin-garrix-dua-lipa-1-week-of-may-20.html
Is this your replacement of "#40Tuesday"?
DeleteGuys, I'm going to start a self-determination next Saturday.
ReplyDeleteOkay?
DeleteExits:
ReplyDeletex39. Water Under the Bridge
x43. Million Reasons
x44. Miss You
x45. Love on the Brain
Bottom 15:
45. I Feel it Coming (-5)
44. This Town (-3)
43. Chained to the Rhythm (-1)
42. Don't Wanna Know (-15, biggest drop)
41. Side to Side (-3)
40. American Girls (DEBUT)
39. Don't Leave (-3)
38. Starving (-9)
37. Sooner or Later (DEBUT)
36. Lights Down Low (-1)
35. I'm the One (DEBUT)
34. 24K Magic (=)
33. Just Hold On (-2)
32. Bad Things (-4)
31. Heavydirtysoul (+2)
Well, if I Feel So Bad re entered HitBound, it would've debuted for sure.
DeleteAnd wow, HeavyDirtySoul had to jump. I guess Spyder likes that song.
DeleteAmerican Girls is the host debut but if I Feel So Bad debuted, it would've been the best.
Delete*best
Delete*sees biggest drop*
DeleteYES! :D Not much longer you piece of crap!!!
Middle 15:
Delete30. Slow Hands (DEBUT)
29. All Time Low (+3)
28. Sign of the Times (+9)
27. Cake (-2)
26. Now or Never (+4)
25. Rockabye (-14)
24. I Don't Wanna Live Forever (=)
23. HandClap (=)
22. Weak (-4)
21. Play That Song (=)
20. Attention (=)
19. Heavy (-3)
18. The Cure (+1)
17. Cold (-5)
16. All Night (+6)
#1 should either be Castle on the Hill, Stay, or That's What I Like.
DeleteI'm sorry, ..
DeleteShape of You should be at #5
DeleteYou don't have to apologize, it's fine.
DeleteTop 10 entrants:
DeleteIssues (new)
L.A. Devotee (new)
Something Just Like This (new)
Something Just like This should be in the Top 5.
DeletePlease be Castle on the Hill at #1!!!
DeleteYou got your wish.
DeleteTop 5 entrants:
Castle on the Hill (re-entry)
Something Just Like This (new)
Well, you got your wish for the SJLT part.
DeletePlease be Something Just like This at #4!!!
DeleteI mean #1!!!
Delete#1 song should be either Something Just like This, Castle on the Hill, or That's What I Like.
DeleteTWIL is #5
Delete#1 song should either be Stay, Something Just like This, or Castle on the Hill.
DeleteCOTH is #4
Delete#1 Song should either be Something Just like This or Stay.
DeleteSJLT is #3
DeleteStay at #1!!!
DeleteYay for Stay at #1!!!
DeleteThis is true, and yay!!!
DeleteHere's the HitBound songs that I don't see debuting.
ReplyDeleteGood News
Stay Together
Break Me Heart
Wicked
Good Time Good Life
This is my Lights Over Paris Award rankings from best to worst. (Doesn't involve 2017 because that year isn't even half over yet.)
Delete2014: Jake Miller - First Flight Home
2013: 2 Chains/Wiz Khalifa - We Own It
2016: Alessia/Nico & Vinz - I Wanna Know
2012: Selena Gomez - Hit The Lights
2011: The Ready Set - Young Forever
2015: Steve Aoki/Moxie - I Love It When You Cry
I can see Stay Together debuting. Well hopefully.
DeleteI wonder what .'s Lights Over Paris Award for 2013 was.
DeleteReasons ashy I don't see these following 5 songs debuting.
DeleteGood News: Not popular anywhere else.
Stay Together: Make Me (Cry) flopped.
Break My Heart: Guys My Age flopped.
Wicked: Not popular anywhere else.
Good Time Good Life: Not popular anywhere else and also deducted spins in that song for Venus.
*why
DeleteGreen Light would be in between 2011's and 2012's LOP Awards.
Delete., what were your previous Lights Over Paris Awards?
ReplyDelete2015: Groove
Delete2014: Love Like That
I'm stuck between two songs for 2016 but I'm going to have to listen to them again to decide. And I don't know all the 2013 dropouts so you should tell me.
STAY AT #1
ReplyDeleteYep. You know, there's a part of me that didn't want this, if only so we could potentially have a long string of the #1 spot changing like what happened for three months in 2015 way back. :P
DeleteTop 15:
ReplyDelete15. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide (+2)
14. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (+12, tied biggest jump)
13. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (-4)
12. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (-4)
11. Imagine Dragons - Believer (-1)
10. Julia Michaels - Issues (+3)
09. The Chainsmokers - Paris (-6)
08. Panic! at the Disco - L.A. Devotee (+6)
07. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (=)
06. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (-2)
05. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (=)
04. Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill (+2)
03. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This (+12, tied biggest jump)
02. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You (=)
01. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay (=) (2nd week at #1)
Also.........
ReplyDeletehttp://myweekendcountdownreview.blogspot.com/2016/10/february-14-2015-wc.html?showComment=1478966312344&m=1#c7703978802896540873
What's so good about songs like If That's Ok and In Love With A Boy?
If That's Ok is kinda slow and calm and I guess that's why I like it. In Love With a Boy has great production. Her vocals aren't great but the production is what makes me like the song.
DeleteI've only heard If That's Ok once and it appeared to be awful. I still remember my opinion on it though.
DeleteHere's some questions that I also put.
DeleteAs far as I know of, here's the songs that dropped off HitBound in 2013.
? - My Life
Caro Emerald - Back It Up
Bridget Mendeler - Hurricane
Youngblood Homie - We Come Running
? - What About Us
Kelly Clarkson - People Like Us
2 Chainz/Wiz Khalifa - We Own It
Britney Spears - Ooh La La
Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop
Fun - Out On The Town
Flo Rida/Pitbull - Can't Believe It
? = I forgot who sings it.
There were many more but I forgot about them.
Which 2 songs were you stuck on for 2016's LOP Award?
What's your current LOP Award for 2017?
I deleted the comments above because they said the same thing. The two songs were Electric Love and Still Falling For You, and my LOP for 2017 so far is either Talk Too Much or Touch.
DeleteFor my 2016 LOP Award for 2nd place, I was very close to my opinion in I Wanna Know which was No Broken Hearts which coincidentally left HitBound in the same week.
DeleteMy current LOP Award for this year is Green Light by Lorde.
Delete