Saturday, May 20, 2017

Ed Sheeran (2) - May 20, 2017

Image result for castle on the hill video

I apologize for the late post. Honestly, the reason for that is because I was lazy. But let's talk about the countdown now. Besides our #1, which was only a good song, this week was really good. There were 5 debuts, which is rare, and 3 of them were amazing. Here are the exits:

Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake

Last Week: #27 | Peak: #20 | Weeks on Chart: 04

Jon Bellion - All Time Low

Last Week: #29 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 27

Bruno Mars - 24K Magic

Last Week: #34 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 31

Snakehips/MØ - Don't Leave

Last Week: #39 | Peak: #35 | Weeks on Chart: 06

Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side to Side

Last Week: #41 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 29


The countdown:


45. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel it Coming

Last Week: #45 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 18

44. Niall Horan - This Town

Last Week: #44 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 33

43. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained to the Rhythm

Last Week: #43 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 14

42. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things

Last Week: #32 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 19

41. Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving

Last Week: #38 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 36

40. Aaron Carter - Sooner or Later

Last Week: #37 | Peak: #37 | Weeks on Chart: 02

39. One Ok Rock - American Girls

Last Week: #40 | Peak: #39 | Weeks on Chart: 02

38. Zayn/PartyNextDoor - Still Got Time (DEBUT)

Last Week: #__ | Peak: #38 | Weeks on Chart: 01

37. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know

Last Week: #42 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 31

36. G-Eazy/Kehlani - Good Life (DEBUT)

Last Week: #__ | Peak: #36 | Weeks on Chart: 01

35. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul

Last Week: #31 | Peak: #11 | Weeks on Chart: 16

34. Jason Derulo/Ty Dolla $ign/Nicki Minaj - Swalla (DEBUT)

Last Week: #__ | Peak: #34 | Weeks on Chart: 01

33. DNCE - Kissing Strangers (DEBUT)

Last Week: #__ | Peak: #33 | Weeks on Chart: 01

32. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On

Last Week: #33 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 23

31. Machine Gun Kelly/Hailee Steinfeld - At My Best (DEBUT)

Last Week: #__ | Peak: #31 | Weeks on Chart: 01

30. Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever

Last Week: #24 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 23

29. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer

Last Week: #13 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 40

28. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low

Last Week: #36 | Peak: #26 | Weeks on Chart: 07

27. Maroon 5 - Cold

Last Week: #17 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 14

26. Shawn Mendes - Mercy

Last Week: #06 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 20

25. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye

Last Week: #25 | Peak: #09 | Weeks on Chart: 09

24. Harry Styles - Sign of the Times

Last Week: #28 | Peak: #24 | Weeks on Chart: 06

23. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance the Rapper - I'm the One

Last Week: #35 | Peak: #23 | Weeks on Chart: 02

22. The Vamps/Matoma - All Night

Last Week: #16 | Peak: #16 | Weeks on Chart: 07

21. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap

Last Week: #23 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 20

20. Charlie Puth - Attention

Last Week: #20 | Peak: #20 | Weeks on Chart: 04

19. Train - Play That Song

Last Week: #21 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 26

18. AJR - Weak

Last Week: #22 | Peak: #17 | Weeks on Chart: 12

17. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like

Last Week: #05 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 15

16. Niall Horan - Slow Hands

Last Week: #30 | Peak: #16 | Weeks on Chart: 02

15. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide

Last Week: #15 | Peak: #15 | Weeks on Chart: 06

14. Halsey - Now or Never

Last Week: #26 | Peak: #14 | Weeks on Chart: 06

13. Lady Gaga - The Cure

Last Week: #18 | Peak: #13 | Weeks on Chart: 04

12. Panic! at the Disco - L.A. Devotee

Last Week: #08 | Peak: #08 | Weeks on Chart: 10

11. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back

Last Week: #14 | Peak: #11 | Weeks on Chart: 04

10. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go

Last Week: #12 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 24

09. The Chainsmokers - Paris

Last Week: #09 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 16

08. Julia Michaels - Issues

Last Week: #10 | Peak: #08 | Weeks on Chart: 16

07. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy

Last Week: #19 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 13

06. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me

Last Week: #07 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 13

05. Imagine Dragons - Believer

Last Week: #11 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 10

04. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This

Last Week: #03 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 06

03. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You

Last Week: #02 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 19

02. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay

Last Week: #01 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 12

01. Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill

Last Week: #04 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 14

Biggest Drop: Shawn Mendes - Mercy (6-26, -20)


Biggest Jump: Niall Horan - Slow Hands (30-16, +14)


New Entrants

First up is a song that is currently flopping. It's called Still Got Time, and I love it. In fact, I think I'm one of the only ones here who loves it. It's just way too catchy and it has that great summery vibe to it. Both artists do a great job, and honestly I love the production. I know it won't do well here, but at least it's top 45.

Next debut is also a song that's flopping. Good Life is on the soundtrack to The Fate of the Furious, if you didn't know. Like the last debut, both artists do a great job. The chorus is fun. While it's not the best debut, I still like it. I wish it would have done a little better though.


Finally, Swalla is here! This is the best debut this week. Once again, it's catchy. The chorus is also fun. And all of the artists do a great job too. I still don't know if this is flopping or not on radio, but I'm at least hoping it does well here.


Omg another great debut!!! I think that Kissing Strangers has to be DNCE's best song. Once again, I love the chorus. The verses are great too. I also don't know if it's flopping or not on radio, but again, this must do well here because I'm really enjoying it.


Wow, I don't think Hits 1 knows which songs are flopping on radio or not. Yes, this is the third debut here that's flopping. I do like Hailee's chorus, and it actually reminds me of See You Again from 2015. But there's not much more to say about this. This song is called At My Best by the way.


Hit-Bound

  • Camila Cabello - Crying in the Club (DEBUT)
  • Erin Bowman - Good Time Good Life
  • Hey Violet - Break My Heart
  • Liam Payne/Quavo - Strip That Down (DEBUT)
  • Noah Cyrus - Stay Together
  • Ocean Park Standoff - Good News
  • Selena Gomez - Bad Liar (DEBUT)
  • Fall Out Boy - Young and Menace
  • Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls
  • Mansionz/G-Eazy - Wicked
  • Miley Cyrus - Malibu (DEBUT)
  • Jon Bellion - Overwhelming
  • Katy Perry/Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish (DEBUT)
  • Sam Hunt - Body Like a Back Road
  • [Exit: Katy Perry - Bon Appétit]
Good Time Good Life, Good News, Wicked, and Overwhelming are not going to debut at this point. I just don't see it happening.

Yes, Stay Together is the best song on Hit-Bound and it's not even in pink.

Top 5 Picks
Not posting this week. Stay Together is the only Hit-Bound song on #50Friday, and I don't want to spoil any upcoming debuts. I'm hoping this doesn't continue for a while.

Still Got Blurbs

I did not expect to see 5 exits this week. First, I'm surprised Cake left this early. However, it wasn't really for Hits 1, since it was really a rap song. Finally, All Time Low leaves. I still like 24K Magic, and Scott is not going to be happy to see it go. It's rare to see a song leave with a peak of #35 here, but that's what Don't Leave had to do. At least it wasn't a good song. And finally, poor WAMB10 because Side to Side left. I find it interesting that I put it in blue for the last 5 months or so.

Is Sooner or Later going to leave or what? It shouldn't be flopping already.


So my favorite debut last week only had to jump just one spot? Wow Hits 1...


You know, I was wondering earlier if this would be the week where Closer took a big drop. Turns out, I was right.


Cold is officially a mediocre song. I really liked it at first but a couple of weeks later I started to grow out of it. But now it is officially in blue.


So Mercy dropped from #6 to #26. Well, about time. That was long-awaited.


Good to see I'm the One jump a lot on its second week. I think it's already in the top 10 on pop radio.


Attention has held its spot at #20 for the third straight week. Please don't tell me that means it will flop. I am really enjoying this, so it should at least be top 15 here.


I'm happy about our biggest jump, which I am starting to like a little more. Halsey and Lady Gaga's jumps were also needed.


So Believer is in the top 5. That's nice.


Something Just Like This hit #1 on the pop radio charts this week, which makes me think that it'll be #1 here soon. In fact, I feel that it's the type of song Hits 1 usually has at #1.


Top 5 Picks

5. One Ok Rock - American Girls
4. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
3. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul
2. Jason Derulo/Ty Dolla $ign/Nicki Minaj - Swalla
1. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay

Top 20 Review


-1 -Worst Song

20. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go

0-Crap

NONE

1-Bad

NONE

2-Old

19. The Chainsmokers - Paris

3-Decent

NONE

4-Good

18. Train - Play That Song
17. Panic! at the Disco - L.A. Devotee
16. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This
15. AJR - Weak
14. Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill
13. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
12. Niall Horan - Slow Hands
11. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy
10. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
9. Julia Michaels - Issues
8. Imagine Dragons - Believer
7. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide
6. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
5. Lady Gaga - The Cure
4. Charlie Puth - Attention
3. Halsey - Now or Never

5-Great

2. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like

6-Best Song

1. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay

Total: 76/100 (+4) (Good)

Last Week: 72/100 (Good)

#50Friday is out! Check it out HERE.


Most Missed Song: Yeah I don't even know...


#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: David Guetta/Nicki Minaj/Lil Wayne - Light My Body Up


My Mom's Favorite Countdown Song: Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide


Guess the song

  • I was a 2015 Hit-Bound dropout.
  • In the Hit-Bound dropouts section of Adrian's Year in Review post, I was in blue.
  • When Adrian's orange song in the Hit-Bound dropouts section debuted Hit-Bound, I was on Hit-Bound at that time.
  • My artist did not have 3 songs all leave Hit-Bound in 2015.
  • Just a bonus fact, . is not that familiar with me.
  • What song am I? . doesn't think anyone needs any more hints...
2016 Hits 1 Year-End List Rankdown
Okay, so since I haven't gotten a submission in a week, I'm patiently waiting to get another submission. I'm posting this here in case anyone who reads my blog but doesn't comment wants to participate. It's a fun activity, but the deadline for submissions is on Tuesday, May 23, which isn't that far away. What you do is rank all of the songs on the year-end list from #1 (favorite) to #45 (least favorite) and send it to this form. You have to read the instructions though. There is also a page on this blog for this rankdown, which you can find HERE.

194 comments:

  1. Commenting this again so people in the comments section can notice this too. I suggest people participate in the 2016 Hits 1 year-end list rankdown. It's really fun. Really all you have to do is rank all the songs on the year-end list and send it to me through a Google Form. I would like people to vote because with more votes, it's fun. Poll closes on Tuesday, 2 days from today.

    Poll link:
    https://goo.gl/forms/8nJ3Lox8liGXG9QR2

    Page link for blog:
    http://countdownguyblog.blogspot.com/p/2016-year-end-list-rankdown-page.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I forgot:

      @Scott: The rankdown is not a rating of the year-end list out of 225, it's a ranking of all of the songs on the list. So you can edit your submission if you want.

      Delete
  2. Also, since it was the last comment on my last post: Montavis posted a WC review.

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2017/05/ed-sheeran-2-week-of-may-20-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it Just Seconds Apart – Unbelievable?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe .'s most Missed Song should be Hey Violet - Guys My Age.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess The Song:
    I was in Adrian's bottom 5 in 2013.
    My main artist is a female.
    I left the countdown in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So since Adrian still hasn't updated in a while, are we going to use this page to talk about the Billboard Music Awards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just about to ask! I'm watching the awards since there's no hockey on. Really only for Drake and Nicki Minaj though.

      Delete
    2. Speaking of hockey did anyone else see the Pittsburgh Penguins shut out the Ottawa Senators?

      Delete
    3. I did. It was pretty epic although I want the Senators to win.

      Delete
    4. No, Penguins for a second time in a row for the Stanley Cup!

      Delete
  7. How come I got my post out first and yours is shown more recent on Adrian's post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I changed the date. I want each WC and #50Friday posts to have a set date for whenever the chart date actually is.

      Delete
  8. Scott, if you see this when watching the awards, ***PLEASE READ THIS!!!***


    My Hits 1 rankdown is not a rating of the year-end list out of 225, it's a ranking of all of the songs on the list. So you can edit your submission if you want. You have two days left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did see this, and yeah I'm well aware. I should be able to get to it before it closes out, but we'll see if I do.

      Delete
    2. I could push the deadline to Thursday instead of Tuesday, but that's the latest.

      Delete
  9. BBMAs started. Nicki and Weezy slayed No Frauds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Closer wins Best Collaboration. I was really hoping Starboy would take it, but I guess this was coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Closer was the one I least wanted to win. I would have preferred Don't Let Me Down or One Dance. In fact, I would have been happy if Cheap Thrills even won.

      Delete
    2. I was hoping for One Dance. But I'll take Closer.

      Delete
    3. I knew that Closer would have won, and it was the one I most wanted to see.

      Nicki's opener was ehh. It was a somewhat messy collage of her hits, and I'm mostly pleased that Jason got to sing Swalla though.

      Camilla Cabello is so generic, she cannot fucking sing! I can't stand her performance.

      I am so glad Luda and Vanessa didn't spark a big political controversy like I expected, so I have that to thank.

      What I cannot wait for is when Celine Dion and Cher sing.

      Delete
    4. YES
      YES
      YES
      YES
      YES
      YES
      YES
      YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    5. I kind of figured, I would have liked for it to be Justin Bieber though.

      Delete
    6. I wouldn't really have cared who it was, besides Future because his songs in the past year have mostly been rap, or Shawn Mendes because Treat You Better and Mercy are old and boring. I'm fine with Drake because-----yeah really because of One Dance...

      Delete
    7. Future is just... Future, Shawn Mendes' Illuminate is just terrible and bland, and One Dance is one of the few good songs off of Views.

      Delete
  11. Young, people, Young. Could it be the next single?

    Ranking from the M...DNO album review: 10. Young (7.5/10)

    Really the only thing I like about it is the drop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did kind of like The Chainsmokers' performance. Seems they're gonna push a new single.

    Time for Issues. Let's see how funny-bad she can make this sound.

    ReplyDelete
  13. H.O.L.Y. wins Top Country Song.

    Why. I would rather anything else have won that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miley Cyrus performs her generic indie acoustic song Malibu.

      Delete
  14. Top Billboard 200 album: Views- Drake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One more and he breaks the all time record held by Adele.

      Delete
    2. I'm not thrilled that Blurryface lost out, but I will say I do like this speech that Drake just gave.

      Delete
  15. Scott, Miles. I don't know if you guys have noticed, but I've just started doing a Weekend Countdown review.

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2017/05/ed-sheeran-2-week-of-may-20-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very interesting! I'll be sure to get to that later.

      Delete
  16. Top Hot 100 Song Of The Year: Closer

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh God, Sam Hunt's performing BLABR!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was looking through the nominees and winners of the BBMA's so far; Drake needs to win Top Artist if he wants to break Adele's record, he's not nominated in Billboard Chart Achievement awards, which I think will go the Chainsmokers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Replies
    1. Was not expecting that. I was expecting Justin Bieber to win.

      Delete
    2. "Was not expecting that"


      When I was on vacation watching the live top 10 Hot 100 reveal by two of Billboard's staff members that they do every week, literally like half of the comments said "BTS" and literally only that word.

      Delete
  20. BTS won Best Social Group.

    Those insufferable BTS fanboys are probably over the moon right about now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I don't like to use the word "fanboy", but my god is it hard to search BTS and NOT see their fans beyond hyperactive, even by most standards of celebrity fans.

      Delete
    2. The correct term for a boy band is actually fangirl, unless there are apparently more male fans, then I have to ask; what the Hell?

      Delete
    3. It's not fangirl, it is really some crap of music playing.

      Delete
  21. My Heart Will Go On will no be performed by the magnificent Celine Dion.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lazy Eye by Silversun Pickups just played in this ION 360 U commercial.

    Brings back Guitar Hero/Rock Band memories :P

    ReplyDelete
  23. Alright, I'll admit, I do like Believer as a song, but I'm not very big on this performance. Cool backdrop, though.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Halsey performs Now or Never.

    Between this, Believer, and whatever Bruno Mars will be performing, I have a feeling that Adrian will loathe reviewing this. If he even does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do want to know his opinion on Celine's performance the most, and possibly Cher's upcoming one as well.

      Delete
    2. Scott: You and Miles will probably loathe reviewing Body Like A Back Road since y'all hate that song so much, and I can say the same for myself. Also, Lorde performed Green Light; Adrian hates that song too.

      Delete
  25. Rachel Platten and Chris Daughtry presenting?

    If T3chJ3t (Twitter user I check out the tweets of) was watching this, he'd probably be fuming right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Billboard Chart Achievement Award: Twenty One Pilots??????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What happened to 32 weeks in the top 10 Chainsmokers, or even record breaking most entries for a female Nicki Minaj?????

      Delete
    2. Great, the emos ruin everything AGAIN!

      Delete
  27. There are only two awards to be called on, New Artist and Top Artist. Who do you think will win these two categories?

    ReplyDelete
  28. So, Bruno Mars just performed Versace On The Floor. Quite the climax performance.

    While this wouldn't be my first pick for a single release from the album (just give us Chunky or Finesse come on), this seems to be a fan favorite from the reviewing committee.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your bane just earned a new record on my personal chart:

    https://hotfortychart.blogspot.com/p/records.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. BREAKING NEWS: PEOPLE KILLED IN EXPLOSION AT ARIANA GRANDE CONCERT IN ENGLAND. ARIANA IS SAFE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I heard about it. Just awful. I can't even comprehend.

      Delete
    2. Apparently, the threat level in the U.K. has increased from sever to critical, the highest threat level.

      Delete
  31. You know something? In a way, Castle On The Hill is looking to be the Perfect of 2017. I mean, think about it: they both debuted in the Top 10 on the Hot 100, only to then drop and have erratic chart runs, and yet they both manage to scrape their way onto the Year-End list (Castle On The Hill is projected to do so based on Pulse Music Board predictions), while they do super well on Hits 1 compared to their Billboard chart runs, and they're both by UK acts.

    The resemblance is quite intriguing. But while Perfect plummeted the entirety of the second half of its chart time, Castle On The Hill is the opposite - it fell hard after debuting and it's only now rebounding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can Castle on the Hill be at #1 next week?

      Delete
    2. But people hated Perfect but liked Castle on the Hill.

      Delete
    3. That is true… But most have long since grown back into Perfect so yeah.

      Delete
    4. I want Castle on the Hill to be #1.

      Delete
  32. I'm advertising here cause I'm not sure Adrian checking comments to accept so WC out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't you advertise on Jack's blog instead?

      Delete
  33. Can you review my hot 40 chart (top 20 review, your opinions, whatever)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped doing top 20 reviews for charts because they took too much time but since you asked I will do it.

      Delete
  34. Just a quick question. What is everyone's opinion on the songs released last weekend.

    Miley Cyrus - Malibu
    Liam Payne/Quavo - Strip It Down
    Selena Gomez - Bad Liar
    Camila Cabello - Crying In The Club
    Katy Perry/Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only heard Strip It Down and it's really good. Quavo slays, but Liam does great too. I like the production as well.

      Delete
    2. Malibu is good but nothing amazing. I like the guitar-thingy at about 1:01 in the song.

      I can say that Bad Liar is the worst out of the remaining four. It's still good though. I really enjoy the other three, and one of them is going to debut #50Friday this week.

      Delete
  35. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Rihanna - Desperado

    ReplyDelete
  36. Just to give everyone here the heads up: I heard Believer as Most Wutchuwanted on my way to college, so expect it to be in the Top 3 (or jump at #4). I also heard Malibu and Strip That Down more than once, so they're likely gonna debut this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Results for the Hits 1 rankdown will start presenting at 5:00pm EST on Friday on this page:
    http://countdownguyblog.blogspot.com/p/2016-year-end-list-rankdown-page.html

    You all have until tomorrow night to submit.

    ReplyDelete
  38. My brother submitted his list. We have a similar taste in pop music so don't be surprised if our ranks are similar. Also, what I thought would be his #1 ended up at #2. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      And wow I did not expect that #2 at all.

      Delete
  39. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Dua Lipa - Be the One

    ReplyDelete
  40. #1 Recommendation for Z100/New York: Drake/Quavo/Travis Scott - Portland

    ReplyDelete
  41. Got bad news for some of you: my Billboard Music Awards review will be delayed until next week because I need more time to work on it.

    However, my weekend countdown post will be out this Saturday as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  42. So, just letting everyone know that in addition to my countdown post on Saturday (hopefully), I will include a little post conclusion about something that's important to me (and only me) and how it made me like a certain song more. And it was a song I already liked.

    Also, I HEARD GREEN LIGHT ON HITS 1?!?!

    And voting for the Hits 1 rankdown closes in 25 minutes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. NEW MUSIC ALERT: Gucci Mane/Offset - Met Gala

    Plus an entire mixtape!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Results for the Hits 1 rankdown start in 2 hours, at 5pm EST! The page where I will reveal #45-41 (for today) is:
    https://countdownguyblog.blogspot.com/p/2016-year-end-list-rankdown-page.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone missed it! :( But anyway you can go to that page to see the bottom 5. #40-#36 will be revealed on Monday.

      Delete
  45. Exits:
    x36. Good Life [First one-weeker since 2014]
    x43. Chained to the Rhythm

    Bottom 15:
    45. Bad Things (-3)
    44. Don't Wanna Know (-7)
    43. I Feel it Coming (+2)
    42. Starving (-1)
    41. Still Got Time (-3)
    40. This Town (+4)
    39. Sooner or Later (+1)
    38. American Girls (+1)
    37. All Night (-15)
    36. Kissing Strangers (-3)
    35. Strip That Down (DEBUT)
    34. Heavydirtysoul (+1)
    33. At My Best (-2)
    32. Just Hold On (=)
    31. Closer (-2)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I just got here, so for anyone else who missed it, Kid Kelly is hosting. I knew that Spyder wasn't going to be hosting since he's in Italy.

      Delete
    2. The debuts from last week are doing really badly

      Delete
    3. Because they were flopping on the pop radio charts and for some reason, Hits 1 decided to pick up on them.

      Delete
    4. But Good Life was super popular!

      Delete
    5. No it wasn't. It only peaked at #52 on the pop radio charts.

      Delete
    6. More popular than HandClap, that's for sure

      Delete
  46. The #1 song should either be Stay, Something Just like This, or Castle on the Hill.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Middle 15:
    30. Malibu (DEBUT)
    29. I Don't Wanna Live Forever (+1)
    28. Rockabye (-3)
    27. Lights Down Low (+1)
    26. I'm the One (-3)
    25. Play That Song (-6)
    24. Weak (-6)
    23. HandClap (-2)
    22. Swalla (+12)
    21. Slow Hands (-5)
    20. Cold (+7)
    19. Paris (-10)
    18. L.A. Devotee (-6)
    17. Mercy (+9)
    16. Now or Never (-2)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Top 10 entrants:
    Attention (new)
    TNHMB (new)

    ReplyDelete
  49. The #1 song should either be Stay, Something Just like This, or Castle on the Hill.

    ReplyDelete
  50. So they're at Monster Movies now, and talking about Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Men Tell No Tales. That is something for me to look forward to! I even got my hands on a voucher for a free ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Top 5 entrant:
    TNHMB (new)

    ReplyDelete
  52. It's Something Just Like This at #1! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  53. SJLT at #1! Yes! I'm very pleased with this, and I'm sure Adrian will be, too.

    The only downside is that Spyder isn't here to announce it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Replies
    1. No, Strip That Down is on the countdown, so is Malibu (The Him Remix).

      Delete
    2. All three are on the countdown, but "The Him Remix" of Malibu is not. The regular version is.

      Delete
  55. Exits:
    x36. Good Life [First one-weeker since 2014]
    x43. Chained to the Rhythm

    The entire countdown:
    45. Bad Things (-3)
    44. Don't Wanna Know (-7)
    43. I Feel it Coming (+2)
    42. Starving (-1)
    41. Still Got Time (-3)
    40. This Town (+4)
    39. Sooner or Later (+1)
    38. American Girls (+1)
    37. All Night (-15)
    36. Kissing Strangers (-3)
    35. Strip That Down (DEBUT)
    34. Heavydirtysoul (+1)
    33. At My Best (-2)
    32. Just Hold On (=)
    31. Closer (-2)
    30. Malibu (DEBUT)
    29. I Don't Wanna Live Forever (+1)
    28. Rockabye (-3)
    27. Lights Down Low (+1)
    26. I'm the One (-3)
    25. Play That Song (-6)
    24. Weak (-6)
    23. HandClap (-2)
    22. Swalla (+12)
    21. Slow Hands (-5)
    20. Cold (+7)
    19. Paris (-10)
    18. L.A. Devotee (-6)
    17. Mercy (+9)
    16. Now or Never (-2)
    15. Slide (=)
    14. Sign of the Times (+10)
    13. The Cure (=)
    12. Say You Won't Let Go (-2)
    11. That's What I Like (+6)
    10. Attention (+10)
    9. Heavy (-2)
    8. Issues (=)
    7. Shape of You (-4)
    6. It Ain't Me (=)
    5. Believer (=)
    4. There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (+7)
    3. Stay (-1)
    2. Castle on the Hill (-1)
    1. Something Just Like This (+3)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hit-Bound:
      ~Body Like A Back Road
      ~Most Girls
      ~Overwhelming
      ~...

      Delete
    2. So All Night had the biggest drop of the week and Swalla the biggest jump?

      :(

      Delete
    3. Most wutchuwanted song on Hit-Bound:
      Say You Won't Let Go
      Just for .

      Delete
    4. Hit-Bound (continued)
      ~Crying In The Club
      ~Break My Heart
      ~Swish Swish

      Delete
    5. Hit-Bound (continued)
      ~Good News
      ~Bad Liar

      Delete
    6. What song is playing now on Hit-bound?

      Delete
    7. Good Time Good Life is currently playing.

      Also according to DSR, Versace on the Floor re-entered because it's a single now.

      Delete
    8. So, interesting note: before introducing Young and Menace, Mikey Piff mentioned that Brendon Urie might be on the upcoming album.

      There are several comments on the video for Young and Menace mentioning Brendon Urie.

      Delete
    9. So Hit-Bound is
      ~Body Like A Back Road
      ~Most Girls
      ~Overwhelming
      ~Crying In The Club
      ~Break My Heart
      ~Swish Swish
      ~Good News
      ~Bad Liar
      ~Good Time Good Life
      ~Young & Menace
      and what else?

      Delete
    10. ~Wicked
      ~Stay Together
      ~Versace On The Floor

      Delete
    11. Then what did? One song is missing.

      Delete
    12. None. There were 13 songs for some reason.

      Delete
  56. A bunch of new releases this week! Nick Jonas, Halsey, Martin Garrix, Troye Sivan, and more! Hopefully one of them can get on hit-bound!

    ReplyDelete
  57. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Jax Jones/Mike Dunn/MNEK - House Work

    ReplyDelete
  58. Good to see a Quavo song debuting the countdown! :P But really I like Liam's contribution to the song too.

    Good riddance to Good Life. I find CTTR to be kinda cringy now so I'm a little glad it's gone.

    SJLT is #1...what?

    And did anything leave Hitbound?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Versace On The Floor re-entered and there are only 13 songs for unknown reasons.

      Delete
  59. Let's get VOTF on the countdown, shall we?

    ReplyDelete
  60. My Weekend Countdown post is out, guys!

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2017/05/the-chainsmokers-1-week-of-may-27-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
  61. Reminder for everyone that I will reveal #40-36 on the Hits 1 rankdown tomorrow at 5pm EST.
    http://countdownguyblog.blogspot.com/p/2016-year-end-list-rankdown-page.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try my best to catch it. 4:00 my time is perfect timing.

      Delete
  62. Replies
    1. That was kinda fast! It doesn't seem like 30k was too long ago 😂

      Anyway congrats!

      Delete
  63. #40-36 will now be revealed at 9pm EST tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  64. I will be posting the May 27 WC probably on Friday or early Saturday so the two WCs are out near the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Since no one's posting the current countdown, I'll do the honors.

    Exits:

    The Weekend featuring Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming
    Zayn featuring PARTYNEXTDOOR - Still Got Time
    Machine Gun Kelly featuing Hailee Steinfeld - At My Best
    TWENTY ØNE PILØTS - Heavydirtysoul
    Clean Bandit featuring Seal Paul and Anne-Marie - Rockabye

    The Countdown:
    45. Maroon 5 - Don’t Wanna Know (#44)
    44. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey featuring Zedd - Starving (#42)
    43. ONE OK ROCK - American Girls (#38)
    42. Machine Gun Kelly featuring Camila Cabello - Bad Things (#45)
    41. DNCE - Kissing Strangers (#36)
    40. Niall Horan - This Town (#40)
    39. Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later (#39)
    38. Ocean Park Standoff - Good News (DEBUT)
    37. The Vamps featuring Matoma - All Night (#37)
    36. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (DEBUT)
    35. DJ Khaled featuring Justin Bieber and Chance The Rapper - I’m The One (#26)
    34. Hey Violet - Break My Heart (DEBUT)
    33. Steve Aoki featuring Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#32)
    32. Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls (DEBUT)
    31. Jason Derulo featuring Ty Dollar $ign and Nicki Minaj - Swalla (#22)
    30. Zayn featuring Taylor Swift - I Don’t Wanna Live Forever
    29. The Chainsmokers featuring Halsey - Closer (#31)
    28. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar (DEBUT)
    27. Liam Payne featuring Quavo - Strip That Down (#35)
    26. Miley Cyrus - Malibu (#30)
    25. MAX featuring Gnash - Lights Down Low (#26)
    24. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap (#23)
    23. AJR - Weak (#24)
    22. Maroon 5 - Cold (#20)
    21. Calvin Harris featuring Frank Ocean and Migos - Slide (#15)
    20. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#21)
    19. Train - Play That Song (#25)
    18. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#17)
    17. Halsey - Now Or Never
    16. Bruno Mars - That’s What I Like
    15. Harry Styles - Sign Of The Times (#14)
    14. Lady Gaga - The Cure (#14)
    13. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee (#
    12. Charlie Puth - Attention (#10)
    11. Linkin Park featuring Kiiara - Heavy (#9)
    10. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#9)
    9. James Arthur - Say You Won’t Let Go (#12)
    8. Kygo featuring Selena Gomez - It Ain’t Me (#6)
    7. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#7)
    6. Julia Michaels - Issues (#8)
    5. Zedd featuring Alessia Cara - Stay (#3)
    4. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#5)

    ReplyDelete
  66. Something Just Like This at #3.

    That means it'll either be Castle On The Hill or There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back at #1.

    ReplyDelete
  67. It's There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back at #1!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for posting the countdown. As for the #1, I'm kinda surprised, but happy! I'm going to try to get last week's countdown out soon.

      Delete
    2. Oh and I overslept. I woke up about 10-15 minutes ago.

      Delete
    3. My post is just about ready (this week's countdown). Just a few touch ups and I'll have it posted soon.

      Delete
  68. Here's the full Hit-Bound list for this week:

    Camila Cabello - Crying In The Club
    Paramore - Hard Times (DEBUT)
    Mansionz featuring G-Eazy - Wicked
    Noah Cyrus - Stay Together
    Katy Perry featuring Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish
    Imagine Dragons - Thunder (DEBUT)
    Fall Out Boy - Young & Menace
    Jon Bellion - Overwhelming
    Carly Rae Jepsen - Cut To The Feeling (DEBUT)
    All Time Low - Good Times (DEBUT)
    Bruno Mars - Versace On The Floor
    Erin Bowman - Good Time, Good Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 12 songs??? How is that possible???

      Also, VOTF and GTGL should be switched and then the list will be correct.

      Delete
    2. Biggest Drop: I'm The One and Swalla (–9)

      Biggest Jump: Strip That Down (+8)

      Delete
    3. Sorry, I meant to reply to the Weekend Countdown comment.

      Delete
    4. No Graham, Paris had the biggest jump this week. Up 9 spots.


      Also, my new weekend countdown recap is out:
      http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2017/06/shawn-mendes-1-week-of-june-3-2017.html

      Delete
    5. You made a mistake, so Graham assumed Strip That Down was the biggest jump based on what you typed.

      Delete
  69. New smallest combined biggest movers

    ReplyDelete