Saturday, February 4, 2017

Maroon 5 (3) - February 4, 2017

Image result for don't wanna know

So we finally had our first 6+ DTHNOB week in over 14 months. This definitely was a real long drought, as one time two 6-DTHNOB weeks happened two weeks apart, and another time two 5-DTHNOB weeks happened one week apart. I want everyone here to realize that there is a reason why people are complaining about the number of exits, and with more exits, the activity on this countdown grows. But if you don't even like activity...that's going to be the problem. But besides the exits, what a heck of a week this was. Before the exits, let's look at what you wanted to be #1 this week.

What song did you want to hit #1 on the Weekend Countdown this week?
Niall Horan - This Town
  1 (7%)
The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
  2 (15%)
Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving
  0 (0%)
Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
  9 (69%)
Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
  1 (7%)

So once again people wanted The Greatest at #1. Good choice, but was not even close this week. Be sure to vote for the new polls on the sidebar. Here are the exits:

Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill
Last Week: #28 | Peak: #28 | Weeks on Chart: 02

Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling
Last Week: #34 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 38

Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ - Cold Water
Last Week: #38 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 22

DNCE - Body Moves
Last Week: #41 | Peak: #21 | Weeks on Chart: 12

Fifth Harmony - That's My Girl
Last Week: #44 | Peak: #16 | Weeks on Chart: 13

Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes
Last Week: #45 | Peak: #07 | Weeks on Chart: 17


Here is this week's countdown:

45. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U
Last Week: #43 | Peak: #17 | Weeks on Chart: 19

44. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down
Last Week: #36 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 38

43. OneRepublic - Kids
Last Week: #39 | Peak: #08 | Weeks on Chart: 21

42. Pitbull/Flo Rida/Lunchmoney Lewis - Greenlight
Last Week: #42 | Peak: #15 | Weeks on Chart: 14

41. Ariana Grande - Into You
Last Week: #40 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 27

40. Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha - In the Name of Love
Last Week: #33 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 12

39. Hey Violet - Guys My Age (DEBUT)
Last Week: #__ | Peak: #39 | Weeks on Chart: 01

38. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons
Last Week: #22 | Peak: #15 | Weeks on Chart: 09

37. Twenty One Pilots - Ride
Last Week: #32 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 44

36. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
Last Week: #35 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 31


35. Rihanna - Love on the Brain (DEBUT)
Last Week: #__ | Peak: #35 | Weeks on Chart: 01

34. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For the Weekend
Last Week: #26 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 25

33. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You
Last Week: #27 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 20

32. Julia Michaels - Issues (DEBUT)
Last Week: #__ | Peak: #32 | Weeks on Chart: 01


31. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel it Coming
Last Week: #31 | Peak: #31 | Weeks on Chart: 03

30. Lukas Graham - You're Not There
Last Week: #37 | Peak: #30 | Weeks on Chart: 05

29. Daya - Words (DEBUT)
Last Week: #__ | Peak: #29 | Weeks on Chart: 01

28. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
Last Week: #30 | Peak: #23 | Weeks on Chart: 09

27. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul (DEBUT)
Last Week: #__ | Peak: #27 | Weeks on Chart: 01

26. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On
Last Week: #29 | Peak: #24 | Weeks on Chart: 08


25. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
Last Week: #02 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 16

24. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
Last Week: #20 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 33

23. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
Last Week: #21 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 43

22. The Chainsmokers - Paris (DEBUT)
Last Week: #__ | Peak: #22 | Weeks on Chart: 01

21. Charli XCX - After the Afterparty
Last Week: #24 | Peak: #18 | Weeks on Chart: 09

20. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
Last Week: #19 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 17

19. Panic! at the Disco - Death of a Bachelor
Last Week: #16 | Peak: #07 | Weeks on Chart: 20

18. Runaground - Chase You Down
Last Week: #09 | Peak: #09 | Weeks on Chart: 16

17. Train - Play That Song
Last Week: #23 | Peak: #14 | Weeks on Chart: 11

16. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side to Side
Last Week: #25 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 15

15. Niall Horan - This Town
Last Week: #05 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 18

14. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy
Last Week: #06 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 18

13. Alessia Cara - Scars to Your Beautiful
Last Week: #12 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 16

12. John Legend - Love Me Now
Last Week: #13 | Peak: #12 | Weeks on Chart: 09

11. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
Last Week: #01 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 26

10. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things
Last Week: #15 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 04

09. Adele - Water Under the Bridge
Last Week: #10 | Peak: #09 | Weeks on Chart: 10

08. Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
Last Week: #17 | Peak: #08 | Weeks on Chart: 08

07. Jon Bellion - All Time Low
Last Week: #11 | Peak: #07 | Weeks on Chart: 14

06. Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving
Last Week: #03 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 21

05. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap
Last Week: #18 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 05

04. Shawn Mendes - Mercy
Last Week: #07 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 05

03. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
Last Week: #14 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 04

02. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
Last Week: #04 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 25

01. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
Last Week: #08 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 16

Biggest Drop: Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest (-23)
Biggest Jump: Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap (+13)

February 7, 2015 - Top 5
5. Meghan Trainor – Lips Are Movin (10/10)
4. OneRepublic – I Lived (8/10)
3. Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk (#13 of all time)
2. Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud (8/10)
1. Taylor Swift – Blank Space (#6 of all time)
Total: 46/50 (9.2/10)

February 7, 2015 - Debuts
40. Life of Dillon – Overload (5/10)
35. Ne-Yo – She Knows (#8 of all time)
34. Olly Murs/Travie McCoy – Wrapped Up (10/10)
31. Usher – I Don’t Mind (#14 of all time)
26. Taylor Swift – Style (9/10)
Total: 44/50 (8.8/10)

February 6, 2016 - Top 5
5. Shawn Mendes – Stitches (9/10)
4. DNCE – Cake By the Ocean (9/10)
3. One Direction – Perfect (8.5/10)
2. Justin Bieber – Sorry (9/10)
1. Adele – Hello (9.5/10)
Total: 45/50 (9/10)

February 6, 2016 - Debuts
39. Tori Kelly – Hollow (10/10)
34. Zayn – Pillowtalk (9/10)
26. Ellie Goulding – Something in the Way You Move (10/10)
Total: 29/30 (9.7/10)

New Entrants
In the two months that Guys My Age was on Hit-Bound, it has become more than a song to me. It's super catchy and not creepy. Miles compared it to Melanie Martinez' music, and I don't listen to her music. I don't think that artists are "ripoffs", they are just artists making music. Kinda like my mom talking about artists that "sound" like Rihanna. I like the weirdness to this song and it's a success.

Hits 1 was like one or even two months late with this song. Love on the Brain was really good in October and November but it's faded on me. It still has that little spark that keeps it going for me though.

Issues is pretty catchy even though it's weird. I hope it becomes more popular than this. Heck it's got 21 million Spotify plays already.

I don't think I expected Words to debut at this point even though it was doing fine on radio. This definitely won't be as popular as Hide Away and Sit Still, Look Pretty, but keep this song for a month or two.

I like the darker side of Twenty One Pilots sometimes, like Stressed Out, and this I like too. I hope Heavydirtysoul gets popular but not too popular like Stressed Out did.

Paris is really that one Chainsmokers song that I just don't love. The drop is not that great honestly. The vocals are fine but the entire song just needed more to it. It's good but nothing amazing.

Hit-Bound
Hosted by MAX
  • AJR - Weak (DEBUT)
  • Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake (DEBUT)
  • Calum Scott - Dancing on My Own
  • Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
  • Bebe Rexha - I Got You
  • Imagine Dragons - Believer (DEBUT)
  • Snakehips/MØ - Don't Leave
  • MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low
  • Panic! at the Disco - L.A. Devotee (DEBUT)
  • James Hersey - Miss You (DEBUT)
  • Little Mix - Shout Out to My Ex
  • Bruno Mars - Versace on the Floor
  • The Vamps/Matoma - All Night (DEBUT)
  • Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry)
Weak is a nice AJR song and it's definitely one of their best. I've followed this for a while and I'm very excited that it made Hits 1.

Cake is probably the best debut besides Weak. The verses are pretty good as well as the chorus and the high-pitched voice saying "Ca-ca-ca-ca-ca-cake" and "I only came for the cake" is pretty weird but cool. Most of you are probably going to dislike this song but it's my guilty pleasure.

Believer is cool. It's pretty good and we will see its fate soon.

L.A. Devotee is a typical P!ATD song. Good but nothing amazing.

Miss You is kind of catchy. I like the beat to it.

The Vamps are back! Last time we saw them we had the good but nothing amazing Wake Up. This one is good, I guess.

Oddly, Versace on the Floor is still here. Please don't become the next Magic! - Red Dress.

A video for a song that I really like came out yesterday. And it's called Love Like We Used To by Captain Cuts and Nateur. #PleaseReEnterHitBound

Come on I Got You. You can debut now.

Top 5 Picks
5. Little Mix - Shout Out to My Ex
4. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
3. Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry)
2. AJR - Weak
1. Bebe Rexha - I Got You

The Blurbs Only Get in the Way
Holy crap. Well, that's it for The Greatest. It was nice having you around.

Not only did we have six exits this week, but one of them was the first two-weeker since David Guetta/Sam Martin - Dangerous, which left (for the second time) two years ago this week. If this is going to re-enter too, I don't know. But it will be cool if we got re-entries regularly again.

Seriously, a peak of #17 and 19 weeks on the chart? Get out, I Hate U I Love U!

Note that Million Reasons' drop was right before the Super Bowl, where she is performing. How ironic.

Oh well, there goes Chase You Down. At least it made the top 10.

The fact that Closer is #2 is making me scared that it's going to hit #1 again. Please don't become the next Heathens.

So one night this week I asked my mom what her least favorite song this year was, and she said that it was Death of a Bachelor. I definitely thought that was possible. A couple of her honorable mentions were Beyoncé - Sorry and Fifth Harmony - Work From Home.

I welcome all four of our top 10 debuts. Please hit #1, all of you.

I didn't expect Mercy to be a top 5 song so soon. I guess I'm okay about it though. But I'm totally fine with the entries from HandClap and Shape of You.

Dinah Jane of Fifth Harmony posted a tweet last night that said "you speaking my language" and when you click on it the first reply that comes up is from Hits 1 radio DJ and usual Hit-Bound host Mikey Piff, saying "my language is French Fries." Just wanted to mention that.

A shout out to blogger Montavis whose 25th birthday is today. He was lucky to do the honors and comment the large amount of exits this week. Happy birthday!

Top 5 Picks
5. Runaground - Chase You Down
4. Charli XCX - After the Afterparty
3. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
2. Hey Violet - Guys My Age
1. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap

I am again sorry for the Year in Review delay. It will definitely be out in the next 2 weeks, very hopefully this week. I just have a lot of stuff on that post.

#40Friday is out! Will Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap hit #1 for the second week? Click HERE to find out! Or just look at the #40Friday poll.

Most Missed Song: Grace/G-Eazy - You Don't Own Me (I know this was my most missed song once before but I love it so much)

#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye

Guess the song (new weekly segment) (VERY HARD!!!)
  • Adrian liked me at first, and then I ended up as a red on a year-end chart.
  • The number of weeks I spent on the WC is at least 25.
  • I peaked in the top 5.
  • I debuted on the first of three weeks in a row where a debut was colored purple by Adrian.
  • The product of the spot on my last week on the WC, my peak, and the number of weeks on the chart is 4,025.
Before I go, I want to make an announcement. Before I started blogging in early 2016, I did my own version for a couple of weeks on Microsoft Word. I also did my countdown rearrangement for those two weeks. Here were my top 10 favorites, and the colors are my current opinions (This is from 2/6/16):

10. Shawn Mendes - Stitches
9. Selena Gomez - Hands to Myself
8. Justin Bieber - Sorry
7. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - I Know What You Did Last Summer
6. Alessia Cara - Here
5. Taylor Swift - Out of the Woods
4. MØ - Kamikaze
3. Tove Lo - Moments
2. Disclosure/Lorde - Magnets
1. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
Least favorite: Adele - When We Were Young

60 comments:

  1. I will admit now that Guys My Age isn't as bad as it used to be. I still don't like it though.

    And are you going to watch the Super Bowl tomorrow? (The game, not just the halftime show)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly. I may leave it on in the kitchen for me to watch while I'm on the computer.

      Delete
  2. It was actually a little less than 14 months since November 21, 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And when there were 6 exit weeks only 2 weeks apart, those weeks were October 11, 2014 and October 25, 2014. As for the 5 exit weeks 1 week apart, it was January 10, 2015 and January 17, 2015.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And also, wow because half of the top 10 were entrants and that's very rare to happen.

      Delete
    2. 80% of the top 5 were entrants.

      Delete
    3. We actually haven't had a 5 top 10 entrant week since September 13, 2014.

      Delete
    4. And yeah, 4 top 5 entrants is a lot of activity too, but we did have only 2 top 20 entrants.

      Delete
    5. I don't keep track of how many top 10 entrants there are each week, only for the top 45.

      Delete
  4. I've got a question, what does DTHNOB stand for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, CountdownRecap first used it in like 2011, and he once said it was some code he used for work. It is unknown what it stands for. But now the word "exit" is more common to use.

      Delete
  5. I'm watching the NFL Honors right now, and Spencer Ludwig is providing the entertainment. So this might lead to me growing into Diggy soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It fell on my chart. Better late than never.

      Delete
  6. Please don't tell me that the song wasn't recently released!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's another hint: The year-end chart was 2015.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I tried and tried to figure it out, but I just couldn't come up with anything. And Geronimo peaked at #8.

      Delete
    2. http://siriusxmhits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com/2014/12/taylor-swift-1-week-of-december-27-2014.html

      Delete
    3. Ok. Because Adrian said it peaked at #8 on the Year-End Chart for that year.

      Delete
    4. Yeah alright alright alright, you was right, he was wrong.

      Delete
    5. http://siriusxmhits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com/2015/01/fall-out-boy-1-week-of-january-17-2014.html

      Delete
    6. Also, great job for picking out my #1 song of all time. That was really appreciative, ..

      Delete
    7. But it was #7 there. And I wasn't sure if it peaked at #5 or #4. And also I didn't even know it was your favorite song of all time but I'm very happy about that. If #40Friday existed back then it would do pretty well and it's probably in my top 100 of all time.

      Delete
  8. Very surprising to actually see someone have the same favorite song and least favorite song on Hit-Bound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And your reaction when your favorite was available for vote "Uhhh....."

      Delete
    2. http://siriusxmhits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com/2017/01/maroon-5-2-week-of-january-14-2017.html?showComment=1484776433195#c7708376420692323415

      You'll have to click on "Load more" once or twice to find your comment.

      Delete
  9. My Hot 45 Stats:

    Exits:
    WUTB (42)
    STS (44)
    OOOUUU (45) (One-week wonder)

    Entrants:
    Over and Over
    Make Me (Cry)
    Believer

    We also have a new #1 song on my Hot 45 Chart!

    (Sidenote: I'm posting this here because I think it's kind of annoying having to click on the "Load more..." section each time on Adrian's blog, so there's that.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Hot 45 Chart So Far:

      45. Don't Leave (40)
      44. After the Afterparty (4)
      43. Closer (14)
      42. Stressed Out (43)
      41. LLWUT (28)
      40. HFIG (33)
      39. Let It Go (35)
      38. False Alarm (41)
      37. Used to This (37)
      36. Fake Love (30)

      Delete
    2. Who is Over and Over by and what was the ******* ***** song? Why won't it debut your chart this week?

      Also why the huge drop for After the Afterparty? I like that song :|

      Delete
    3. Over and Over was a song made by Goo Goo Dolls.

      ******* ***** is a secretive song. Could be in my "Future Hitz" section this week.

      I am losing interest in After the Afterparty. After the Afterparty breaks the record for the biggest drop ever on my chart for all time.

      Delete
    4. So you're not even going to say the title even if it's in your Future Hitz?

      Delete
    5. More Hot 45 Stats:

      35. Castle on the Hill (28)
      34. No (28)
      33. Guys My Age (34)
      32. Party Monster (32)
      31. Over and Over (--)
      30. I Don't Wanna Live Forever (36)
      29. Into You (22)
      28. STYB (15)
      27. Fire Escape (--)
      26. All Time Low (39)

      Delete
    6. Fire Escape actually was #38 last week.

      Delete
    7. 25. Wherever I Go (24)
      24. Chase You Down (18)
      23. Make Me (Cry) (--)
      22. I Got You (29)
      21. You're Not There (12)
      20. Rockabye (31)
      19. Paris (26)
      18. The Greatest (21)
      17. Love Me Now (9)
      16. Unsteady (16)

      Delete
    8. No, if the song is not popular at all, then you have to tell us or otherwise we'll never figure it out. That's unfair.

      Delete
    9. 15. LOTB (20)
      14. IHUILU (19)
      13. Black Beatles (17)
      12. Heavydirtysoul (11)
      11. Say You Won't Let Go (10)

      Delete
    10. 10. Believer (--)
      9. Heathens (8)
      8. Mercy (13)
      7. Bad Things (7)

      Delete
    11. #6 SONG: STARBOY

      Take that you Starboy haters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    12. #5 SONG: SHAPE OF YOU

      Biggest Jump of the Week +20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    13. I won't name the top 4, but we have a new #1 song (a song that never occupied #1 before).

      Delete
    14. I guess I'll do COAEP stats so far.

      - 1 exit/entrant, and it will NOT be #40!
      - The entrant will probably be in the top 10 or 15.
      - Three different songs in the top 5 will move.

      Delete
    15. #40Friday stats so far:

      -4 exits/entrants.
      -2 of the entrants are on the Hot 100.
      -1 of the entrants is on Hits 1.
      -If you combine the titles of two of the songs (example: Paris Mercy) they will form a common expression.
      -New #1
      -One re-entering top 10 entrant

      Delete
    16. Change of plans:

      - There will be one new top 5 entrant, and one of the songs from an artist with two songs in there will drop out.

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did that comment just say nothing?

      Delete
    2. Same thing as https://countdownguyblog.blogspot.com/2017/02/maroon-5-3-february-4-2017.html?showComment=1486647452076#c4996243712954938940

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was never available for vote, so no one has to say that it's now unavailable for vote.

      Delete