
It's February 20, 2016 in the back of a car driving home. I was hoping that Adele - Hello would not hit #1. Then I am relieved when it plays at #3. So who is taking the lead this week, DNCE - Cake By the Ocean or Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out? I didn't care either way, but I was hoping it would be the latter. Then Cake By the Ocean plays at #2 and I was so happy I was like jumping in my seat. And that was my reaction to the #1 song of 2016's first week at #1. End of story! Here are the poll results this week. There were a lot of votes this week.
What song did you want to hit #1 on the Weekend Countdown this week?
Adele - Water Under the Bridge
|
4 (16%)
|
Shawn Mendes - Mercy
|
4 (16%)
|
Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap
|
4 (16%)
|
The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
|
3 (12%)
|
Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
|
9 (37%)
|
Now here are the exits:
Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U
Last Week: #42 | Peak: #17 | Weeks on Chart: 20
Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
Last Week: #44 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 32
And the countdown:
45. Pitbull/Flo Rida/Lunchmoney Lewis - Greenlight
Last Week: #43 | Peak: #15 | Weeks on Chart: 16
44. OneRepublic - Kids
Last Week: #40 | Peak: #08 | Weeks on Chart: 23
43. Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha - In the Name of Love
Last Week: #41 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 14
42. Lukas Graham - You're Not There
Last Week: #36 | Peak: #30 | Weeks on Chart: 07
41. Runaground - Chase You Down
Last Week: #15 | Peak: #09 | Weeks on Chart: 18
40. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
Last Week: #32 | Peak: #23 | Weeks on Chart: 11
39. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down
Last Week: #45 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 40
38. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For the Weekend
Last Week: #38 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 27
37. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy
Last Week: #31 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 20
36. Niall Horan - This Town
Last Week: #14 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 20
35. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
Last Week: #37 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 18
34. Maroon 5 - Cold (DEBUT)
Last Week: #__ | Peak: #34 | Weeks on Chart: 01
33. Rihanna - Love on the Brain
Last Week: #39 | Peak: #33 | Weeks on Chart: 03
32. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
Last Week: #28 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 35
31. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You
Last Week: #33 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 22
30. Alessia Cara - Scars to Your Beautiful
Last Week: #24 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 18
29. John Legend - Love Me Now
Last Week: #09 | Peak: #09 | Weeks on Chart: 11
28. Hey Violet - Guys My Age
Last Week: #30 | Peak: #28 | Weeks on Chart: 03
27. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
Last Week: #25 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 19
26. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul
Last Week: #26 | Peak: #26 | Weeks on Chart: 03
25. Daya - Words
Last Week: #21 | Peak: #21 | Weeks on Chart: 03
24. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
Last Week: #20 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 45
23. Bebe Rexha - I Got You
Last Week: #29 | Peak: #23 | Weeks on Chart: 02
22. Panic! at the Disco - Death of a Bachelor
Last Week: #22 | Peak: #07 | Weeks on Chart: 22
21. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained to the Rhythm (DEBUT)
Last Week: #__ | Peak: #21 | Weeks on Chart: 01
20. Train - Play That Song
Last Week: #10 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 13
19. Julia Michaels - Issues
Last Week: #34 | Peak: #19 | Weeks on Chart: 03
18. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
Last Week: #35 | Peak: #18 | Weeks on Chart: 02
17. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
Last Week: #08 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 18
16. The Chainsmokers - Paris
Last Week: #13 | Peak: #13 | Weeks on Chart: 03
15. Charli XCX - After the Afterparty
Last Week: #19 | Peak: #15 | Weeks on Chart: 11
14. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel it Coming
Last Week: #23 | Peak: #14 | Weeks on Chart: 05
13. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On
Last Week: #18 | Peak: #13 | Weeks on Chart: 10
12. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
Last Week: #16 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 28
11. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side to Side
Last Week: #27 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 17
10. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons
Last Week: #17 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 11
09. Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving
Last Week: #12 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 23
08. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things
Last Week: #11 | Peak: #08 | Weeks on Chart: 06
07. Adele - Water Under the Bridge
Last Week: #05 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 12
06. Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
Last Week: #07 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 10
05. Jon Bellion - All Time Low
Last Week: #06 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 16
04. Shawn Mendes - Mercy
Last Week: #04 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 07
03. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap
Last Week: #03 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 07
02. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
Last Week: #02 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 27
01. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
Last Week: #01 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 06
Biggest Drop: Runaground - Chase You Down (-26) (unfair)
Biggest Jump: Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (+17) (fair)
February 22, 2014 - Top 5
5. One Direction – Story of My Life (8.5/10)
4. Bastille – Pompeii (8/10)
3. Katy Perry – Dark Horse (9.5/10)
2. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (8.5/10)
1. Pitbull/Kesha – Timber (10/10)
Total: 44.5/50 (8.9/10)
February 22, 2014 - Debuts
41. Aloe Blacc – The Man (8.5/10)
February 21, 2015 - Top 5
5. One Direction – Night Changes (1/10)
4. Hozier – Take Me to Church (3/10)
3. Taylor Swift – Blank Space (#6 of all time)
2. Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud (8/10)
1. Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk (#13 of all time)
Total: 32/50 (6.4/10)
February 21, 2015 - Debuts
41. Priory – Weekend (9/10)
39. Nova Rockafeller – Made in Gold (#5 of all time)
36. Tori Kelly – Nobody Love (#7 of all time)
34. R5 – Let's Not Be Alone Tonight (9/10)
33. Rihanna/Kanye West/Paul McCartney – FourFiveSeconds (8/10)
31. Lunchmoney Lewis – Bills (#33 of all time)
Total: 56/60 (9.3/10)
February 20, 2016 - Top 5
5. The Weeknd – In the Night (9/10)
4. Justin Bieber – Sorry (9/10)
3. Adele – Hello (9.5/10)
2. DNCE – Cake By the Ocean (9/10)
1. Twenty One Pilots – Stressed Out (10/10)
Total: 46.5/50 (9.3/10)
February 20, 2016 - Debuts
40. Troye Sivan – Youth (9/10)
New Entrants
Cold is a pretty fun song. I think it's better than Don't Wanna Know. I like the chorus a lot. Also this only came out on Tuesday, 4 days ago. That may be one of the shortest times to debut the countdown.
Chained to the Rhythm is an example of a great comeback. I really like the verses, chorus, and bridge. It's just catchy.
Hit-Bound
- AJR - Weak
- Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry)
- James Hersey - Miss You
- Panic! at the Disco - L.A. Devotee
- Calum Scott - Dancing on My Own
- The Vamps/Matoma - All Night
- Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye (DEBUT) (!!!!!)
- Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill
- MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low
- Snakehips/MØ - Don't Leave
- Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (DEBUT)
- Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake
- Little Mix - Touch (DEBUT)
- Imagine Dragons - Believer
- [Exit: Bruno Mars - Versace on the Floor]
- [Exit: Little Mix - Shout Out to My Ex]
After three months of patiently waiting, one of my #40Friday number-ones has debuted by the name of Rockabye. I do not see at all what is wrong with this song. The EDM is catchy and the vocals are well-done. So yeah. Please debut.
I don't care for the other two debuts much, but they're good at least.
Top 5 Picks
5. Imagine Dragons - Believer
4. Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake
3. Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry)
2. AJR - Weak
1. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye
I don't care for the other two debuts much, but they're good at least.
Top 5 Picks
5. Imagine Dragons - Believer
4. Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake
3. Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry)
2. AJR - Weak
1. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye
So Comfortable, We're Living in a Blurble, Blurble
This week marks the 3-year anniversary of Adrian's famous turquoise color, which is about equivalent to yellow on my blog.Good riddance I Hate U, I Love U. You are added to the forgotten songs list.
Okay, #42 just bothers me. This is not a proper tenure. 7 Years should have had this tenure, this should have had Mama Said's tenure, and Mama Said should have had 7 Years' tenure.
Chase You Down dropping to the bottom 5 like this? Unfair. Enough said.
I'm very happy with the big jumps from Issues and That's What I Like. Welcome to the top 20!
I was just growing into Love Me Now! It shouldn't have dropped that hard.
Speaking of songs I'm growing into, Don't Wanna Know. It was only in blue but it's still kinda fun to listen to in the car.
I said I didn't want All Time Low in the top 5! I'm getting tired of this...
Top 5 Picks
5. Hey Violet - Guys My Age
4. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things
3. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap
2. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
1. Bebe Rexha - I Got You
#40Friday is out! This week, I Got You hit #1 again. Read the full chart HERE.
Most Missed Song: Fifth Harmony/Kid Ink - Worth It
#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Marian Hill - Down
Guess the song
- It debuted the week before a 0-exit week.
- It was on the countdown in 2015, but Chase recommended it to Hits 1 in 2016.
- Adrian never had this song in green.
- [Comment if you need another hint]
The Mowglis - I'm Good. If it's not this song, please give me another hint.
ReplyDeleteIncorrect. Hint: It was from the same time period as your guess.
DeleteTear In My Heart
DeleteAmerican Authors - Go Big Or Go Home
DeleteTwenty One Pilots - Tear In My Heart did not debut a week before a no exit week.
DeleteAnd Adrian did have it in green before.
DeleteThat was just a wild guess.
DeleteWAMB10 is correct.
DeleteAre you sure chase recommended GBOGH?
DeleteI can't find the link to it but I know for sure he did.
DeleteIs it ride?
DeleteI'm surprised you don't like Night Changes. I really love it, and it'll most likely be in my top 50 songs of all-time.
ReplyDeleteAnd I could not agree any more about All Time Low.
And this is a random question, but have you ever heard the remix of My N***a by YG? It's really good. If not, you should listen to it. I just heard it this morning and I remembered about how much I love it.
DeleteWhere did you find his opinion on Night Changes on this post?
DeleteThe top 5 for 2/21/15.
DeleteOh, I was looking for the red songs only, sorry.
Delete-Night Changes is boring.
Delete-I think I listened to it once or skimmed through it but I don't remember it.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteDid you actually just curse? I've never seen that before.
DeleteWhat did it say? If you don't know you can check your email and it'll say.
Delete"F*** ., he's nasty"
DeleteAnd he actually said the F-word without censoring it? Chase...
DeleteSadly, I don't think that Guys My Age will last very long on the countdown.
ReplyDeleteProbably about 10 weeks maybe.
DeleteYeah...
DeleteWhen will the year in review page come out?
ReplyDeleteI'm working on it little by little. It will be out in like a couple of weeks.
DeleteMy Hot 45 Stats:
ReplyDeleteExits:
Guys My Age
Entrants:
Let's Hurt Tonight
On that note, had That's What I Like and Issues switched spots, three songs would've been tied for the biggest jump of the week.
ReplyDeleteOn DSR, Hits 1 stopped playing your #5 on your top 5 countdown song picks.
ReplyDeleteTherefore it's going to have a very short countdown tenure.
Delete