Saturday, January 14, 2017

Maroon 5 (2) - January 14, 2017

Image result for don't wanna know
Hi guys and welcome back! I added a new color, pink, which means that it is rated a 10/10 from me.

Also, I would like to inform everyone that this is the correct countdown. Everything is in its correct spot.

Bastille - Good Grief
Last Week: #33 | Peak: #13 | Weeks on Chart: 09

Kenny Chesney/Pink - Setting the World on Fire
Last Week: #45 | Peak: #13 | Weeks on Chart: 21


Here is this week's countdown:

45. Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes
Last Week: #43 | Peak: #07 | Weeks on Chart: 15

44. Pitbull/Flo Rida/Lunchmoney Lewis - Greenlight
Last Week: #44 | Peak: #15 | Weeks on Chart: 11

43. DNCE - Body Moves
Last Week: #41 | Peak: #21 | Weeks on Chart: 10

42. Fifth Harmony - That's My Girl
Last Week: #27 | Peak: #16 | Weeks on Chart: 11

41. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U
Last Week: #37 | Peak: #17 | Weeks on Chart: 16

40. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
Last Week: #40 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 32

39. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
Last Week: #31 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 28

38. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down
Last Week: #32 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 35

37. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap
Last Week: #39 | Peak: #37 | Weeks on Chart: 02

36. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ - Cold Water
Last Week: #38 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 20

35. Twenty One Pilots - Ride
Last Week: #30 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 41

34. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things (DEBUT)
Last Week: #__ | Peak: #34 | Weeks on Chart: 01

33. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling
Last Week: #36 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 36

32. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You (DEBUT)
Last Week: #__ | Peak: #32 | Weeks on Chart: 01

31. Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha - In the Name of Love
Last Week: #08 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 09

30. Lukas Graham - You're Not There
Last Week: #35 | Peak: #30 | Weeks on Chart: 02

29. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty
Last Week: #42 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 36

28. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
Last Week: #26 | Peak: #23 | Weeks on Chart: 06

27. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On
Last Week: #29 | Peak: #27 | Weeks on Chart: 05

26. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For the Weekend
Last Week: #28 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 22

25. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You
Last Week: #25 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 17

24. OneRepublic - Kids
Last Week: #19 | Peak: #08 | Weeks on Chart: 18

23. Ariana Grande - Into You
Last Week: #20 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 24

22. Train - Play That Song
Last Week: #24 | Peak: #14 | Weeks on Chart: 08

21. Runaground - Chase You Down
Last Week: #18 | Peak: #18 | Weeks on Chart: 13

20. Shawn Mendes - Mercy
Last Week: #21 | Peak: #20 | Weeks on Chart: 02

19. John Legend - Love Me Now
Last Week: #22 | Peak: #19 | Weeks on Chart: 06

18. Charli XCX - After the Afterparty
Last Week: #34 | Peak: #18 | Weeks on Chart: 06


17. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
Last Week: #17 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 40

16. Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
Last Week: #23 | Peak: #16 | Weeks on Chart: 05

15. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons
Last Week: #15 | Peak: #15 | Weeks on Chart: 06

14. Jon Bellion - All Time Low
Last Week: #16 | Peak: #14 | Weeks on Chart: 11

13. Panic! at the Disco - Death of a Bachelor
Last Week: #09 | Peak: #07 | Weeks on Chart: 17

12. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side to Side
Last Week: #10 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 12

11. Adele - Water Under the Bridge
Last Week: #13 | Peak: #11 | Weeks on Chart: 07

10. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy
Last Week: #14 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 15

09. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
Last Week: #11 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 30

08. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
Last Week: #12 | Peak: #07 | Weeks on Chart: 13

07. Alessia Cara - Scars to Your Beautiful
Last Week: #07 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 13

06. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
Last Week: #06 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 14

05. Niall Horan - This Town
Last Week: #02 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 15

04. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
Last Week: #04 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 22

03. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
Last Week: #03 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 23

02. Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving
Last Week: #05 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 18

01. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
Last Week: #01 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 13

Biggest Drop: Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha - In the Name of Love (-23)
Biggest Jump: Charli XCX - After the Afterparty (+16)

January 17, 2015 - Top 5
5. Ella Henderson – Ghost (10/10)4. MKTO – American Dream (8.5/10)
3. Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk (#13 of all time)
2. Taylor Swift – Blank Space (#6 of all time)
1. Fall Out Boy – Centuries (7/10) [1st Week At #1]

January 17, 2015 - Debuts
39. Kelly Clarkson – Heartbeat Song (9.5/10)38. Fall Out Boy – Uma Thurman (9/10)
33. 5 Seconds of Summer – What I Like About You (9/10)
30. Maroon 5 – Sugar (9/10) (Coincidence?)
24. Pitbull/Ne-Yo – Time of Our Lives (10/10)

January 16, 2016 - Top 5
5. Adele – Hello (9.5/10)
4. Selena Gomez – Same Old Love (10/10)
3. Fall Out Boy/Demi Lovato – Irresistible (9/10)
2. One Direction – Perfect (9/10)
1. Demi Lovato – Confident (9/10)

January 16, 2016 - Debuts
40. The Vamps – Wake Up (9/10)
38. Nelly/Jeremih – The Fix (9/10)
36. MØ – Kamikaze (#19 of all time)

New Entrants
The lowest debut here is one that I've had many different opinions on since it came out. I thought it was good at first, then got a little boring, then when it made Hits 1 I started to love it. Both Machine Gun Kelly and Camila Cabello do a great job on the song, and honestly it's beautiful. I like it, and it's about time it made the countdown since it's been doing well on other charts for some time.

Vocals: 14/20
Lyrics/Meaning: 4/10
Melody/Beat: 9/10
Verses: 9/10
Pre-Chorus: 4.5/5
Chorus: 9/10
Bridge: 8.5/10
Total: 58/75 (7.7/10)
My Opinion: 10/10

Now for the higher debut. I have been obsessed with this song. It starts off with a Cheap Thrills kind of beat which goes right into the verses. Then comes the amazing chorus and then the rest of the song. This song and Sing are going to be Ed's two best songs. I know this one is going to stay with me for a while.

Vocals: 18/20
Lyrics/Meaning: 3/10
Melody/Beat: 10/10
Verses: 9.5/10
Pre-Chorus: 5/5
Chorus: 10/10
Bridge: 9/10
Total: 64.5/75 (8.6/10)
My Opinion: 10/10


Hit-Bound
  • Rihanna - Love on the Brain
  • Little Mix - Shout Out to My Ex
  • Hey Violet - Guys My Age
  • The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel it Coming
  • Julia Michaels - Issues (DEBUT)
  • The Chainsmokers - Paris (DEBUT)
  • Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul (DEBUT)
  • Bruno Mars - Versace on the Floor
  • Captain Cuts/Nateur - Love Like We Used To
  • Daya - Words
  • Calum Scott - Dancing on My Own
  • Maty Noyes - In My Mind
  • Dua Lipa - Blow Your Mind (Mwah)
  • MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low
Issues is weird but catchy. Also it isn't really fast-paced. That's really all I can say about it.

Paris is good but nothing amazing. The drop isn't that active. But the single cover doesn't have a square in the middle so that makes me think an album from them will be out soon. I like it though.

I think Heavydirtysoul is the best debut of the week. The style of this song leans more towards Stressed Out than it does to Ride. I like the fast rap (even though they say it isn't rap) verses. The chorus is pretty nice. And I do really like dark songs like this.

I really am liking In My Mind and Love Like We Used To. These two songs may be in my top 10 on #40Friday soon.

Gavin DeGraw - She Sets the City on Fire left this week. I think it was obvious that this song was going to leave. But it was a nice song and at least it was considered bound to be a hit.

I heard the Emergency Alert System test on Hit-Bound. Anyone else???


Top 5 Picks
5. Dua Lipa - Blow Your Mind (Mwah)
4. Little Mix - Shout Out to My Ex
3. Captain Cuts/Nateur - Love Like We Used To
2. Maty Noyes - In My Mind
1. Hey Violet - Guys My Age

I'm in Love With the Shape of Blurbs
Can someone tell me how and why HandClap moved up only 2 spots? This should have been boosted by at least 7 or 10 spots. The top 20 is calling this song...

Both exits peaked at #13.

That's My Girl fell pretty badly. I don't think it will recover.

Whoa, what's going on with Sit Still, Look Pretty? Pulling an Uptown Funk? (link here) Maybe a She Looks So Perfect? (link here) (Just throwing it back)

It's unfortunate to see Chase You Down out of the top 20 so quickly. Oh well. At least it made the top 20.

Yay for the biggest jump, After the Afterparty! Yay!!!!!

Of course Love Me Now is in the top 20. But I grew into it a tiny bit, as I think the "love me now"s in the chorus are alright.

Unsteady has lasted 40 weeks on the countdown and is still in the top 20. I'm not really happy about this, and neither is anyone else except Hollow Man.

OW. We have another huge biggest drop, as In the Name of Love falls from the top 10 to outside the top 30.

Top 5 Picks
5. Lukas Graham - You're Not There
4. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things
3. Runaground - Chase You Down
2. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap
1. Charli XCX - After the Afterparty

The Year in Review post is going to be out soon, and by that I mean a few days. I apologize for the delay.

#40Friday is out. Will Hey Violet hold on to the top for a fourth week with Guys My Age? Find out HERE!

Most Missed Song: Meghan Trainor - Lips Are Movin

#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Bebe Rexha - I Got You

20 comments:

  1. i don't get this maroon 5 coincidence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sugar debuted two years ago this week, and Don't Wanna Know is #1 currently.

      Delete
    2. That may not be a coincidence.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. We're gonna keep it going...

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. ^This comment said "SHUT UP AND DANCE WITH ME!!!" if you're wondering. I usually delete irrelevant comments but I had to leave this one up.

      Delete
    4. the neighbours might complain.....

      Delete
  3. HitBound has 8 pieces of crap. We should probably have 8 HitBound entrants next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember her saying she didn't like Heavydirtysoul, Dancing on My Own, and Lights Down Low. She probably doesn't like Versace on the Floor either.

      Delete
    2. I don't like Versace on the Floor or Dancingy On My own. Lights Down Low is good and heavydirtysoul is great, just like every other 21 pilots song.

      Delete
    3. Sadly, WAMB10, that is not going to happen.

      Delete
  4. I'm gonna chase you down

    P.S. I was kind of stressed out last month thinking that Stressed Out wouldn't last a year on the countdown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My next weekend countdown post is going to be delayed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I just created my own personal chart. Would you mind adding this into the "other blogs" section?

    Thanks

    markstop45songschart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure I will over the weekend. I haven't updated that in a while. Also it should be in the "personal charts" section.

      Delete
  7. So Pink = Song is Great, is that right, .?

    ReplyDelete