
Welcome to the first countdown of 2017! This was not a good countdown. I'll talk to you about that in the blurbs. But first, here is the one really old exit and the two good exits:
Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took a Pill in Ibiza
Last Week: #40 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 37
Calvin Harris - My Way
Last Week: #44 | Peak: #17 | Weeks on Chart: 15
5 Seconds of Summer - Girls Talk Boys
Last Week: #45 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 24
Here is the year's first countdown:
45. Kenny Chesney/Pink - Setting the World on Fire
Last Week: #41 | Peak: #13 | Weeks on Chart: 21
44. Pitbull/Flo Rida/Lunchmoney Lewis - Greenlight
Last Week: #21 | Peak: #15 | Weeks on Chart: 10
43. Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes
Last Week: #39 | Peak: #07 | Weeks on Chart: 14
42. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty
Last Week: #42 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 35
41. DNCE - Body Moves
Last Week: #43 | Peak: #21 | Weeks on Chart: 09
40. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
Last Week: #38 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 31
39. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap (DEBUT)
Last Week: #__ | Peak: #39 | Weeks on Chart: 01
38. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ - Cold Water
Last Week: #36 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 19
37. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U
Last Week: #37 | Peak: #17 | Weeks on Chart: 15
36. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling
Last Week: #35 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 35
35. Lukas Graham - You're Not There (DEBUT)
Last Week: #__ | Peak: #35 | Weeks on Chart: 01
34. Charli XCX - After the Afterparty (... ... ...)
Last Week: #22 | Peak: #22 | Weeks on Chart: 05
33. Bastille - Good Grief
Last Week: #34 | Peak: #13 | Weeks on Chart: 09
32. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down
Last Week: #33 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 34
31. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
Last Week: #32 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 27
30. Twenty One Pilots - Ride
Last Week: #31 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 40
29. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On
Last Week: #29 | Peak: #29 | Weeks on Chart: 04
28. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For the Weekend
Last Week: #24 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 21
27. Fifth Harmony - That's My Girl
Last Week: #19 | Peak: #16 | Weeks on Chart: 10
26. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
Last Week: #26 | Peak: #23 | Weeks on Chart: 05
25. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You
Last Week: #27 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 16
24. Train - Play That Song
Last Week: #28 | Peak: #14 | Weeks on Chart: 07
23. Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
Last Week: #17 | Peak: #17 | Weeks on Chart: 04
22. John Legend - Love Me Now
Last Week: #30 | Peak: #22 | Weeks on Chart: 05
21. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (DEBUT)
Last Week: #__ | Peak: #21 | Weeks on Chart: 01
20. Ariana Grande - Into You
Last Week: #25 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 23
19. OneRepublic - Kids
Last Week: #18 | Peak: #08 | Weeks on Chart: 17
18. Runaground - Chase You Down (!!!)
Last Week: #23 | Peak: #18 | Weeks on Chart: 12
17. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
Last Week: #15 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 39
16. Jon Bellion - All Time Low
Last Week: #16 | Peak: #15 | Weeks on Chart: 10
15. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons
Last Week: #20 | Peak: #15 | Weeks on Chart: 05
14. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy
Last Week: #05 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 14
13. Adele - Water Under the Bridge
Last Week: #12 | Peak: #12 | Weeks on Chart: 06
12. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
Last Week: #07 | Peak: #07 | Weeks on Chart: 12
11. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
Last Week: #10 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 29
10. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side to Side
Last Week: #11 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 11
09. Panic! at the Disco - Death of a Bachelor
Last Week: #08 | Peak: #07 | Weeks on Chart: 16
08. Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha - In the Name of Love
Last Week: #09 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 08
07. Alessia Cara - Scars to Your Beautiful
Last Week: #13 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 12
06. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
Last Week: #14 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 13
05. Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving
Last Week: #01 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 17
04. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
Last Week: #02 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 21
03. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
Last Week: #03 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 22
02. Niall Horan - This Town
Last Week: #04 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 14
01. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
Last Week: #06 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 12
Biggest Drop: Pitbull/Flo Rida/Lunchmoney Lewis - Greenlight (-23)
Biggest Jump: Tie between John Legend - Love Me Now and Bruno Mars - 24K Magic (+8)
January 10, 2015 - Top 5
5. Taylor Swift – Shake it Off (#3 of all time)
4. Sam Smith – I’m Not the Only One (8/10)
3. Fall Out Boy – Centuries (7/10)
2. Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk (#13 of all time)
1. Taylor Swift – Blank Space (#6 of all time)
January 10, 2015 - Debuts
40. AronChupa – I’m an Albatraoz (#2 of all time) (YEEESS)
38. Megan Nicole – Fun (9/10)
36. David Guetta/Sam Martin – Dangerous (9/10) (I did grow into it)
34. Imagine Dragons – I Bet My Life (9/10)
32. The Vamps/Shawn Mendes – Oh Cecilia (Breaking My Heart) (9/10)
January 9, 2016 - Top 5
5. Shawn Mendes – Stitches (9/10)
4. Elle King – Ex's and Oh's (10/10)
3. One Direction – Drag Me Down (10/10)
2. Ellie Goulding – On My Mind (10/10)
1. Adele – Hello (9.5/10)
January 9, 2016 - Debuts
38. Tove Lo – Moments (#35 of all time)
35. The Chainsmokers/Rozes – Roses (9.5/10)
New Entrants
Starting off with a song that I've loved for a long time, that alternative song called HandClap. I think it is really catchy, especially the chorus.
Vocals: 13/20
Lyrics/Meaning: 7/10
Melody/Beat: 10/10
Verses: 9.5/10
Pre-Chorus: 4.5/5
Chorus: 10/10
Bridge: --
Total: 54/65 (8.3/10)
My Opinion: 10/10
Then there's Lukas Graham's new song, You're Not There. I loved this a lot at first, not as much as Mama Said. I've grown out of it a little bit but I still like it.
Vocals: 16/20
Lyrics/Meaning: 10/10
Melody/Beat: 8.5/10
Verses: 9/10
Pre-Chorus: 4/5
Chorus: 9/10
Bridge: 8.5/10
Total: 65/75 (8.7/10)
My Opinion: 9.5/10
Finally, there's Mercy. This has been doing well on radio so far, and I expect it to do good here.
Vocals: 19/20
Hit-Bound
Lyrics/Meaning: 9/10
Melody/Beat: 8.5/10
Verses: 9/10
Pre-Chorus: --
Chorus: 9/10
Bridge: 9/10
Total: 63.5/75 (8.5/10)
My Opinion: 7.5/10
- Daya - Words
- Ed Sheeran - Shape of You (DEBUT)
- Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things
- Maty Noyes - In My Mind
- Dua Lipa - Blow Your Mind (Mwah)
- Gavin DeGraw - She Sets the City on Fire
- MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (DEBUT)
- Captain Cuts/Nateur - Love Like We Used To
- The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel it Coming (DEBUT)
- Calum Scott - Dancing on My Own
- Little Mix - Shout Out to My Ex
- Rihanna - Love on the Brain
- Bruno Mars - Versace on the Floor
- Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill (DEBUT) or Hey Violet - Guys My Age
I still like She Sets the City on Fire, but I can tell it won't debut the countdown though.
There are four debuts this week. The first one I'll talk about is I Feel it Coming. This is more of a slower song than Starboy, but I think I like it more than it. I did like Starboy more at first listen though.
Next is Lights Down Low. I added this to Bubbling Under on #40Friday, but I think I'm going to take it off next week. It's a little slow and I don't think this will stick with me.
On the blue-green border is Castle on the Hill. It's a little boring and the beat isn't that good, but it's better than Lights Down Low.
Finally we have the best debut of the week, if not then it's I Feel it Coming. The song is the other Ed Sheeran song, Shape of You. This is more interesting to listen to. I'm definitely happy that people using iTunes and Spotify and Chase like it more than Castle on the Hill.
Top 5 Picks
5. Captain Cuts/Nateur - Love Like We Used To
4. Maty Noyes - In My Mind
3. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things
2. Gavin DeGraw - She Sets the City on Fire
1. Hey Violet - Guys My Age
I Could Make Your Hands Blurb
Maroon 5 returns to #1 for the first time in almost two years. I didn't think this would hit #1 here, but it's Maroon 5, and they're used to this spot.
Can we get Setting the World on Fire off the countdown? I hope this leaves next week.
No. I can't believe that After the Afterparty dropped 12 spots. Absolutely unacceptable.
The reason for Just Hold On holding on (get it) to #29 may be because it's dropping on the Hot 100. I think it's in the 90s this week, and I'm surprised about this.
Why did Love Me Now have the biggest jump? This song is just horrible, I hope it doesn't become a big hit.
Chase You Down finally hit the teens! That's definitely one of the better things that happened this week.
But also in the teens is Unsteady. I know that many of you are sick of this (even a person that had it in purple on Hit-Bound). I'm sick of it too, so I hope it could leave the teens and the countdown soon.
Closer is getting farther away from the #1 spot (second point for me, lol). I don't see it hitting #1 again, which is fine with me.
I'm shocked that Heathens is still in the top 3. This is losing popularity, and it's also old, so I would like to see that out of the top 5 soon.
Finally, I hope that This Town hits #1 next week. I was surprised that Don't Wanna Know took it away from #1, and I hope that it claims its #1 spot soon.
Top 5 Picks
5. Train - Play That Song
4. Lukas Graham - You're Not There
3. Runaground - Chase You Down
2. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap
1. Charli XCX - After the Afterparty
#40Friday is out! Will Hey Violet - Guys My Age hit #1 for a third week in a row! Find out HERE!
Most Missed Song: *randomly picked from 2014-2015 playlist* Sam Smith - I'm Not the Only One (nah that's not good enough) Jack and Jack - Groove (that's much better)
#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry)
I listened to HitBound this morning and Castle On The Hill wasn't on there. After Versace On The Floor, it was Guys My Age.
ReplyDeleteThat's weird...overnight it was Castle on the Hill instead.
DeleteGuys My Age wasn't on HitBound either last night.
Delete^This is actually true if you look on DSR. This Town just played after VOTF.
DeleteThat picture at the beginning is hilarious!
ReplyDeleteCastle On The Hill is not on HitBound...
ReplyDeleteIt was overnight.
Delete#sayyestoversaceonthefloor
ReplyDelete..But I like Versace on the Floor..
DeleteSo he said yes.
Delete