I don't exactly remember when I started looking at Adrian's blog, but it's safe to say that it's been at least a year. I do remember looking at the January 16, 2016 post. My blogging anniversary will be in February. So yeah. Here are the exits:
Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty
Last Week: #29 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 36
Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
Last Week: #40 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 32
The Countdown:
45. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U
Last Week: #41 | Peak: #17 | Weeks on Chart: 17
44. Fifth Harmony - That's My Girl
Last Week: #42 | Peak: #16 | Weeks on Chart: 12
43. Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes
Last Week: #45 | Peak: #07 | Weeks on Chart: 16
42. Pitbull/Flo Rida/Lunchmoney Lewis - Greenlight
Last Week: #44 | Peak: #15 | Weeks on Chart: 12
41. DNCE - Body Moves
Last Week: #43 | Peak: #21 | Weeks on Chart: 11
40. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ - Cold Water
Last Week: #36 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 21
39. Lukas Graham - You're Not There
Last Week: #30 | Peak: #30 | Weeks on Chart: 03
38. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel it Coming (DEBUT)
Last Week: #__ | Peak: #38 | Weeks on Chart: 01
37. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
Last Week: #39 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 29
Last Week: #39 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 29
36. Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha - In the Name of Love
Last Week: #31 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 10
35. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
Last Week: #28 | Peak: #23 | Weeks on Chart: 07
34. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down
Last Week: #38 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 3633. Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill (DEBUT)
Last Week: #__ | Peak: #33 | Weeks on Chart: 01
32. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling
Last Week: #33 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 37
31. Twenty One Pilots - Ride
Last Week: #35 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 42
30. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You
Last Week: #25 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 18
29. OneRepublic - Kids
Last Week: #24 | Peak: #08 | Weeks on Chart: 19
28. Ariana Grande - Into You
Last Week: #23 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 25
27. Train - Play That Song
Last Week: #22 | Peak: #14 | Weeks on Chart: 09
26. Charli XCX - After the Afterparty
Last Week: #18 | Peak: #18 | Weeks on Chart: 07
25. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For the Weekend
Last Week: #26 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 23
24. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On
Last Week: #27 | Peak: #24 | Weeks on Chart: 06
23. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
Last Week: #17 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 41
22. Runaground - Chase You Down
Last Week: #21 | Peak: #18 | Weeks on Chart: 14
21. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons
Last Week: #15 | Peak: #15 | Weeks on Chart: 07
20. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap
Last Week: #37 | Peak: #20 | Weeks on Chart: 03
19. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side to Side
Last Week: #12 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 13
18. John Legend - Love Me Now
Last Week: #19 | Peak: #18 | Weeks on Chart: 07
17. Shawn Mendes - Mercy
Last Week: #20 | Peak: #17 | Weeks on Chart: 03
16. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things
Last Week: #34 | Peak: #16 | Weeks on Chart: 02
15. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
Last Week: #32 | Peak: #15 | Weeks on Chart: 02
14. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
Last Week: #06 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 15
13. Adele - Water Under the Bridge
Last Week: #11 | Peak: #11 | Weeks on Chart: 08
12. Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
Last Week: #16 | Peak: #12 | Weeks on Chart: 06
11. Panic! at the Disco - Death of a Bachelor
Last Week: #13 | Peak: #07 | Weeks on Chart: 18
10. Jon Bellion - All Time Low
Last Week: #14 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 12
09. Alessia Cara - Scars to Your Beautiful
Last Week: #07 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 14
08. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
Last Week: #09 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 31
07. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy
Last Week: #10 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 16
06. Niall Horan - This Town
Last Week: #05 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 16
05. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
Last Week: #08 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 14
04. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
Last Week: #03 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 24
03. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
Last Week: #04 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 23
02. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
Last Week: #01 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 14
01. Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving
Last Week: #02 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 19
Biggest Drop: Lukas Graham - You're Not There (-9) (wtf?)
Biggest Jump: Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things (+18)
January 24, 2015 - Top 5
5. Meghan Trainor – Lips Are Movin (10/10)
4. MKTO – American Dream (9/10)
3. Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk (#13 of all time)
2. Taylor Swift – Blank Space (#6 of all time)
1. Fall Out Boy – Centuries (7/10)
January 24, 2015 - Debuts
NONE
January 23, 2016 - Top 5
5. One Direction – Drag Me Down (10/10)
4. Fall Out Boy/Demi Lovato – Irresistible (9/10)
3. Selena Gomez – Same Old Love (10/10)
2. Demi Lovato – Confident (9/10)
1. One Direction – Perfect (9/10)
January 23, 2016 - Debuts
32. Conrad Sewell – Hold Me Up (9/10)
25. Disclosure/Lorde – Magnets (9.5/10) (I loved this song)
New Entrants
I will start off with Castle on the Hill. It's nowhere near as good as Shape of You, I will tell you that. But it is a nice and beautiful song, even though it's on the blue-green border. I just don't really like the beat or whatever it's called in the beginning of the song.
On the better side is I Feel it Coming by The Weeknd and Daft Punk. This is much slower than Starboy but it's really good. Every part about this song is good and Daft Punk does a nice job with it.
Hit-Bound (hosted by Twenty One Pilots) (yes, that famous alternative band)
- Calum Scott - Dancing on My Own
- Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (DEBUT)
- Daya - Words
- Hey Violet - Guys My Age
- The Chainsmokers - Paris
- Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul
- Snakehips/MØ - Don't Leave (DEBUT)
- MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low
- Rihanna - Love on the Brain
- Captain Cuts/Nateur - Love Like We Used To
- Bruno Mars - Versace on the Floor (Wait, this is still here?)
- Julia Michaels - Issues
- Bebe Rexha - I Got You (DEBUT)
MØ is one of my favorite artists. But Don't Leave is good but nothing amazing. I wouldn't care if it debuts.
That's What I Like is pretty good. It's catchy and is just a simple song and reminds me of Shy Carter/Aleon Craft - Bring it Back. But what I don't get is that both a single and a promotional single from the same album are on Hit-Bound. Versace on the Floor is still good though and a nice song, even though it's not going to debut #40Friday at this point.
I Got You is awesome. Very catchy chorus and beat.
Oh come on, why did In My Mind leave again? I was enjoying that one. Blow Your Mind and Shout Out to My Ex should have debuted too. They were both nice songs.
I am really liking Love Like We Used To. Very catchy but I don't see this one debuting.
Can Dancing on My Own just leave Hit-Bound? No one here likes you, and that's not a lie.
Before the nighttime Hit-Bound played, Gwen Stefani - Make Me Like You and Nicki Minaj - Anaconda played. Weird?
Top 5 Picks
5. Rihanna - Love on the Brain
4. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul
3. Bebe Rexha - I Got You
2. Captain Cuts/Nateur - Love Like We Used To
1. Hey Violet - Guys My Age
You've Been Scared of Blurbs and What They Did to You
So In the Name of Love dropped from the top 10 to the bottom 10 in two weeks. I'm not really okay with that, but it would be interesting to see a #6-peaking song only have 10 or 11 weeks on the chart.
I hope this 7-spot drop means that Say You Won't Let Go is flopping.
What a drop for You're Not There. I don't think this should be dropping but I think it will probably jump next week.
Last week's #25-#22 is this week's #30-27. Just saying.
I'm sure that almost every single one of you is happy about Unsteady dropping out of the top 20. I'm happy too.
HandClap and Shape of You jumping 17 spots is a great thing. These songs deserve radio popularity.
Speaking of big jumps, I'm totally fine with Bad Things having this week's biggest. I really like it so I'm glad it's doing well.
Again, both of the exits peaked at the same spot.
My mom is really sick of our #1. She's not happy about it.
Top 5 Picks
5. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things
4. Runaground - Chase You Down
3. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
2. Charli XCX - After the Afterparty
1. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap
What song did you want to hit #1 on the Weekend Countdown this week? (Poll)
I did not work on the Year in Review post, but I will this week and I will try to get it out this week. I am sorry for the delay. :)
#40Friday is out! Will Hey Violet - Guys My Age hit #1 for the fifth straight week??? Find out HERE! (If you see it, be sure to leave a comment on what you thought about this week's chart!)
Most Missed Song on Hits 1: Major Lazer/DJ Snake/MØ - Lean On
Most Missed Song Outside of Hits 1: Desiigner - Panda
Bonus Most Missed Song/Throwback Pick: Usher/Pitbull - DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love
#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Sia - Never Give Up
What a drop for You're Not There. I don't think this should be dropping but I think it will probably jump next week.
Last week's #25-#22 is this week's #30-27. Just saying.
I'm sure that almost every single one of you is happy about Unsteady dropping out of the top 20. I'm happy too.
HandClap and Shape of You jumping 17 spots is a great thing. These songs deserve radio popularity.
Speaking of big jumps, I'm totally fine with Bad Things having this week's biggest. I really like it so I'm glad it's doing well.
Again, both of the exits peaked at the same spot.
My mom is really sick of our #1. She's not happy about it.
Top 5 Picks
5. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things
4. Runaground - Chase You Down
3. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
2. Charli XCX - After the Afterparty
1. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap
What song did you want to hit #1 on the Weekend Countdown this week? (Poll)
Niall Horan - This Town
|
4 (33%)
|
The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
|
2 (16%)
|
Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
|
2 (16%)
|
Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving
|
2 (16%)
|
Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
|
2 (16%)
|
I did not work on the Year in Review post, but I will this week and I will try to get it out this week. I am sorry for the delay. :)
#40Friday is out! Will Hey Violet - Guys My Age hit #1 for the fifth straight week??? Find out HERE! (If you see it, be sure to leave a comment on what you thought about this week's chart!)
Most Missed Song on Hits 1: Major Lazer/DJ Snake/MØ - Lean On
Most Missed Song Outside of Hits 1: Desiigner - Panda
Bonus Most Missed Song/Throwback Pick: Usher/Pitbull - DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love
#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Sia - Never Give Up
Most Missed Song: Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For
ReplyDeleteMost Missed Song Outside Of Hits 1: Zara Larsson - Lush Life
Bonus Most Missed Song/Throwback: Cher Lloyd - With Ur Love (2013)
Recommendation For Hits 1: Alessia Cara - How Far I'll Go
Most Missed Song: Kenny Chesney/P!NK - Setting the World on Fire
DeleteMost Missed Song Outside Of Hits 1: Zara Larsson & MNEK - Never Forget You
Bonus Missed Song/Throwback: Adele - Rolling in the Deep (2010)
Recommendation for Hits 1: Marian Hill - Down
And Little Mix - Shoutout To My Ex is #5 in your top 5 HitBound picks when it's not even on HitBound.
ReplyDeleteYou're right! I'll fix that later. Thank you for noticing that.
DeleteI like Dancing On My Own but I don't love it.
ReplyDeleteAnd why don't you like Say You Won't Let Go?
Both are boring. Most of the songs I dislike are boring and slow to me, and that's like 5 or 10% of all songs.
DeleteI love Dancing on My Own and Say You Won't Let Go.
Delete#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Sia - Move Your Body
ReplyDeleteIt's a really good song.
Delete#1 Recommendation for .: Sean Paul/Dua Lipa - No Lie
ReplyDeleteHow can Treat You better be in orange? Because it's still green on my countdown.
ReplyDeleteYellow, sorry.
DeleteIt's just really old and I'm really tired of it.
Delete