
Hi guys! It's snowing a lot over here! How about where you live? What's the weather there? Alright, we don't need to talk about the weather, let's get to the post. Here are this week's exits:
Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This is What You Came For
Last Week: #36 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 29
Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
Last Week: #39 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 51
The Countdown
45. 5 Seconds of Summer - Girls Talk Boys
Last Week: #44 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 22
44. Calvin Harris - My Way
Last Week: #45 | Peak: #17 | Weeks on Chart: 13
43. Kenny Chesney/Pink - Setting the World on Fire
Last Week: #41 | Peak: #13 | Weeks on Chart: 18
42. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took a Pill in Ibiza
Last Week: #42 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 35
41. DNCE - Body Moves
Last Week: #37 | Peak: #21 | Weeks on Chart: 06
40. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
Last Week: #43 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 24
39. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (DEBUT)
Last Week: #__ | Peak: #39 | Weeks on Chart: 01
Last Week: #__ | Peak: #39 | Weeks on Chart: 01
38. Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes
Last Week: #20 | Peak: #07 | Weeks on Chart: 11
37. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down
Last Week: #30 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 31
36. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling
Last Week: #34 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 32
35. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
Last Week: #33 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 28
34. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U
Last Week: #29 | Peak: #17 | Weeks on Chart: 12
33. Charli XCX - After the Afterparty
Last Week: #40 | Peak: #33 | Weeks on Chart: 02
32. John Legend - Love Me Now
Last Week: #38 | Peak: #32 | Weeks on Chart: 02
31. Twenty One Pilots - Ride
Last Week: #31 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 37
30. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ - Cold Water
Last Week: #28 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 16
29. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons
Last Week: #32 | Peak: #29 | Weeks on Chart: 01
28. Runaground - Chase You Down
Last Week: #26 | Peak: #20 | Weeks on Chart: 09
27. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty
Last Week: #16 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 32
26. Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (DEBUT)
Last Week: #__ | Peak: #26 | Weeks on Chart: 01
Last Week: #__ | Peak: #26 | Weeks on Chart: 01
25. Bastille - Good Grief
Last Week: #24 | Peak: #13 | Weeks on Chart: 06
24. Fifth Harmony - That's My Girl
Last Week: #25 | Peak: #16 | Weeks on Chart: 07
23. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
Last Week: #35 | Peak: #23 | Weeks on Chart: 02
22. Ariana Grande - Into You
Last Week: #09 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 20
Last Week: #09 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 20
21. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For the Weekend
Last Week: #27 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 18
20. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You
Last Week: #19 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 13
19. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
Last Week: #18 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 36
18. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
Last Week: #23 | Peak: #09 | Weeks on Chart: 09
17. OneRepublic - Kids
Last Week: #12 | Peak: #08 | Weeks on Chart: 14
16. Pitbull/Flo Rida/Lunchmoney Lewis - Greenlight
Last Week: #15 | Peak: #15 | Weeks on Chart: 07
15. Jon Bellion - All Time Low
Last Week: #17 | Peak: #15 | Weeks on Chart: 07
14. Train - Play That Song
Last Week: #14 | Peak: #14 | Weeks on Chart: 04
13. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
Last Week: #07 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 10
12. Adele - Water Under the Bridge
Last Week: #22 | Peak: #12 | Weeks on Chart: 03
11. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side to Side
Last Week: #21 | Peak: #11 | Weeks on Chart: 08
10. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
Last Week: #01 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 26
09. Panic! at the Disco - Death of a Bachelor
Last Week: #08 | Peak: #07 | Weeks on Chart: 13
08. Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha - In the Name of Love
Last Week: #11 | Peak: #08 | Weeks on Chart: 05
07. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
Last Week: #06 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 19
06. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy
Last Week: #13 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 11
05. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
Last Week: #10 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 09
04. Alessia Cara - Scars to Your Beautiful
Last Week: #05 | Peak: #04 | Weeks on Chart: 09
03. Niall Horan - This Town
Last Week: #04 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 11
02. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
Last Week: #03 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 18
01. Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving
Last Week: #02 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 14
Biggest Drop: Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes (-18)
Biggest Jump: James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (+12)
December 20, 2014 - Top 5
5. The Vamps/Demi Lovato - Somebody to You (10/10)
4. Maroon 5 - Animals (9/10)
3. Taylor Swift - Blank Space (10/10)
2. Fall Out Boy - Centuries (7/10)
1. Taylor Swift - Shake it Off (10/10) (RECORD BROKEN)
December 20, 2014 - Debuts
39. James Newton Howard/Jennifer Lawrence - The Hanging Tree (8/10)
35. Andy Grammer - Honey I'm Good (9.5/10)
December 19, 2015 - Top 5
5. Demi Lovato - Confident (8/10)
4. One Direction - Perfect (9/10)
3. Elle King - Ex's and Oh's (10/10)
2. Taylor Swift - Wildest Dreams (8/10)
1. Adele - Hello (9.5/10)
December 19, 2015 - Debuts
37. Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats - S.O.B. (9.5/10) (Don't kill me)
32. Adele - When We Were Young (8.5/10)
31. Jason Derulo - Get Ugly (9/10)
28. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - I Know What You Did Last Summer (9/10)
New Entrants
We'll start off with the girl who was on the countdown for two straight years, then finally left, and came back three weeks later. It's Taylor Swift, and she brought Zayn with her. I like the song a decent amount. I think that Taylor Swift sings better in this song, and I don't see why Zayn does. Unfortunately, this isn't available on Spotify or YouTube yet, so we'll wait for it to debut #40Friday.
Vocals: 16/20
Lyrics/Meaning: 8/10
Melody/Beat: 8.5/10
Verses: 9/10
Pre-Chorus: 4.5/5
Chorus: 9.5/10
Bridge: 9/10
Total: 64.5/75 (8.6/10)
My Opinion: 9/10
To finish the entrants section is Louis Tomlinson's first solo song with Steve Aoki, Just Hold On. This is supposed to be about when his mother died, which was just two weeks ago. This is honestly great. The vocals, the drop, and everything else are great. Don't kill me for this, but this is much better than Back 2 U. I am patiently waiting for this to be a hit and I am sure that Louis' mom is in the same boat.
Vocals: 18/20
Lyrics/Meaning: 10/10
Melody/Beat: 10/10
Verses: 9.5/10
Pre-Chorus: 4.5/5
Chorus: 9/10
Bridge: --
Total: 61/65 (9.4/10)
My Opinion: 10/10
Hit-Bound
- Lukas Graham - You're Not There
- Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things
- Hey Violet - Guys My Age
- Shawn Mendes - Mercy
- Dua Lipa - Blow Your Mind (Mwah)
- Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap
- Little Mix - Shout Out to My Ex
- Gavin DeGraw - She Sets the City on Fire
- Bruno Mars - Versace on the Floor (DEBUT)
- Maty Noyes - In My Mind
- Daya - Words
- Calum Scott - Dancing on My Own
- Rihanna - Love on the Brain
Versace on the Floor is almost like Love on the Brain sung by a man. That's all I have to say about it.
Love Like We Used To left Hit-Bound for no apparent reason. There is one problem, though: now there are only 13 songs on Hit-Bound. So we'll wait and see if it re-enters.
Top 5 Picks
5. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap
4. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things
3. Lukas Graham - You're Not There
2. Gavin DeGraw - She Sets the City on Fire
1. Hey Violet - Guys My Age
What Do You Do When a Blurb Ends
I'll acknowledge the exits first. One of them was getting really annoying and was probably the most popular EDM songs of the year. The other was on this countdown for a really long time. And it deserved that. I think it sends a great message and everything about it is good. It failed to last a year here, unfortunately, and it lasted 51 weeks instead. Goodbye, Stressed Out. You will be missed.
The worst song and the best song on the countdown are right next to each other. Great. :|
Dear Hits 1, Chase You Down is stuck in the miserable #25-#30 range. Please make it go higher or put it out of its misery.
I'm shocked at how long Girls Talk Boys is staying. Songs that peak at around #10 don't usually stay this long.
I've (and Scott) been noticing that instead Hits 1 has changed their short intermission between songs to "Monster Movies". We thought it was just for Halloween!
Say You Won't Let Go should not have had the biggest jump. Fix this right now.
I think that's the last we've seen of Into You in the top 10. Goodbye!
Did 24K Magic really have to drop out of the top 10? I want this to continue being a hit!
I absolutely did not expect In the Name of Love to hit the top 10 this quick. But I'm definitely happy about this.
That's right, This Town is in green. I've finally grown into it and it's a beautiful song. Let's see if this hits #1.
Thank goodness for Starving at #1. We needed a number one that wasn't from The Chainsmokers and Shawn Mendes.
Top 5 Picks
5. Train - Play That Song
4. Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha - In the Name of Love
3. Runaground - Chase You Down
2. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
1. Charli XCX - After the Afterparty
Some of my favorite lyrics from countdown and Hit-Bound songs
- "I'm giving you up, I've forgiven it all, you set me free."
- "What do you do when a chapter ends? Do you close the book and never read it again? Where do you go when your story's done? You can be who you were or who you'll become."
- "If I could bottle this up, bottle, bottle this up, I would."
- "I need you, I need you, I need you right now. Yeah, I need you right now."
- "And if you feel you're sinking, I will jump right over into cold, cold water for you."
- "Every minute and every hour, I miss you, I miss you, I miss you more."
- "Play that song, the one that makes me go all night long..."
- "Second verse for the hustlas, gangstas, bad b**ches and ya ugly a** friends."
- "I wanna testify, scream in the holy light, you bring me back to life, and it's all in the name of love."
- "If the whole world was watching I'd still dance with you, drive highways and byways to be there with you, over and over the only truth, everything comes back to you."
- "Stay and play that Blink-182 song, that we beat to death in Tuscon, okay."
- "I want you forever even when we're not together, scars on my body so I can take you wherever."
- "So I'm never going back..."
- "Somebody save your soul 'cause you've been sinning in this city..."
- "This is a shout out to my ex..."
- "And you're acting like I been around with every single guy."
- "And I run for miles just to get a taste, must be love on the brain."
- "Got me drunk tonight on a throwback vibe and I feel the magic."
#40Friday is out! Will Spencer Ludwig hold at #1 for a fourth week with Diggy? Find out HERE.
Most Missed Song: Jake Miller - Collide (yeah, it was never on the countdown, alrighty then)
#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye
Finally, VOTE VOTE VOTE!!! The final round of my Billboard Hot 100 poll is out! It's between Kent Jones - Don't Mind and G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself and I for the best song to hit the top 10. I have 3 responses, I'm looking for at least 7. Vote HERE.
02/15/14 also had only 13 songs on HitBound.
ReplyDeleteBottom 5:
ReplyDelete1: Love me now
2: Setting the world on fire
3: Say you won't let go
4: I hate u, i love u
5: Can't stop the feeling!
For the song contest...
ReplyDelete1. I Hate U, I Love U
2. Words
3. Fresh Eyes
4. Don't Let Me Down
5. Cold Water
6. Death Of A Bachelor
7. Play That Song
8. Handclap
9. In The Name Of Love
10. This Town
11. Million Reasons
12. Scars To Your Beautiful
13. The Greatest
14. She Sets The City On Fire
15. Shoutout To My Ex
16. After The Afterparty
17. Love On The Brain
18. 24K Magic
It wasn't a contest. And it was:
Delete1. Send My Love
2. Just Hold On
3. Fresh Eyes
4. Don't Let Me Down
5. Cold Water
6. Good Grief
7. Play That Song
8. 24K Magic*
9. In the Name of Love
10. This Town
11. Closer*
12. Bad Things
13. Guys My Age
14. HandClap
15. Shout Out to My Ex
16. In My Mind
17. Love on the Brain
18. Love Like We Used To
*Seriously, that was so easy.
Yeah, I'm not that good at memorizing song lyrics.
Delete