Friday, November 11, 2016

Q&A

My first Q&A! (For the 10,000 pageview special on this blog.)


1. How many questions do you think you will get?
Answer: I thought maybe 15-20. I guess I was right.



2. Why is it hard for you to dislike songs?

Answer: I'm not sure. I think maybe I was born that way. I would like to know how it feels to hate like 25% of all songs.



3. Rate the following songs on Pulse-ating New Music 10/22/2016, also describe them:
  • John Legend - Love Me Now: Boring, just like All of Me. Next! (2/10)
  • Aurora - Conqueror: Sounds cool to me. (9/10)
  • Train - Play That Song: Pretty good. I like the chorus and everything else. (9.5/10)
  • Emeli Sande - Hurts: Kind of catchy. (8.5/10)
  • Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know: This is on the edge of blue. I like it but it's okay. Not what I was expecting for a Maroon 5 comeback. (8/10)
  • The 1975 - The Sound: The heck? I guess it's still alright... (8/10)
  • Bon Jovi - This House is Not For Sale: It's alright. (7/10)
  • Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better: Um...it's old... :/ (4.5/10)

4. Rate the songs by the color code and 1 to 10 :)

  • Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk (10/10)
  • Taylor Swift - Blank Space (10/10)
  • Walk the Moon - Shut Up and Dance (9.5/10)
  • Maroon 5 - Sugar (9.5/10)
  • Jason Derulo - Want to Want Me (9/10)
  • Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud (8/10)
  • Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do (9.5/10)
  • Taylor Swift - Style (8.5/10)
  • Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth - See You Again (8/10)
  • Nick Jonas - Jealous (9.5/10)


5. What's your real name? (You don't have to answer this, I'm just curious) Congrats on 10k!

Answer: Look at
this list. It is one of these people. It is the real name of one of these artists (this could be the artist's real name too). Also, it is NOT one of the members of #8, because there are four and I don't want to confuse anyone.
Also, I've given you guys a clue before (not in this post!)


6. What are your top 5 favorite songs of all time?
Answer: You'll find out tonight!


7. What are your bottom 5 songs of all time (just to make sure there are SOME songs you don't like ;)

Answer: I can't come up with a current list, but this is what I originally thought EARLIER THIS YEAR: (Parentheses are CURRENT RATING)


5. Passenger - Let Her Go (2.5/10)
4. 5 Seconds of Summer - She Looks So Perfect (7.5/10)
3. Fall Out Boy - Centuries (7/10)
2. Lukas Graham - 7 Years (0.1/10)
1. John Legend - All of Me (0/10)



8. What's your favorite hip hop/rap song of all-time? Which hip hop/rap song do you think has done the best on #40Friday?

Answer: Parker (that's who asked the question), if I'm talking about your kind of rap, it would be Ne-Yo/Juicy J - She Knows. I know Parker hasn't listened to it, so if you are Parker, go check it out! Also my most successful rap song on #40Friday would be Nick Jonas/Ty Dolla $ign - Bacon.


9. How is school?
Answer: School is good, I'm getting good grades.



10. Have you ever listened to Train Tracks, hosted by Pat Monahan?
Answer: No.



11. Is your name Blurryface? And do you care what I think?

Answer: My name's Blurryface and I care what you think.
Also, look at question #5.


12. Which of these #2 songs being blocked by #1s was most annoying to you?
  • Walk the Moon - Shut Up and Dance blocking Demi Lovato - Cool For the Summer?
  • Adele - Hello blocking Justin Bieber - Sorry?
  • Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling blocking Pink - Just Like Fire, Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills, and Twenty One Pilots - Ride?
Answer: Probably Can't Stop the Feeling blocking the 3 because all of them deserved to hit #1 at one point. But Cool For the Summer and Sorry should have hit #1.


13. Do you watch any music reviewers on YouTube?
Answer: I know Miles watches TheDoubleAgent, so I watched some of his videos.



14. Favorite Year-End Hot 100 #1 between 2010 to now? (can include Justin Bieber - Love Yourself because that's all but sure to be this year's)
Answer: 2015, Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk. Honorable mention is 2013, Macklemore/Ryan Lewis - Thrift Shop.



15. Any countdown songs from this year that you were particularly disappointed didn't do great?


Answer:

  • Lukas Graham - Mama Said
  • Symon - Say
  • Big Gigantic/Angela McCluskey - The Little Things
  • Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick
  • Alessia Cara - Wild Things
  • Calvin Harris - My Way*
  • MØ - Kamikaze
  • Tove Lo - Moments
*Even though it's currently on the countdown.


And that's it! The #40Friday of All Time will be out later on my #40Friday blog!

10 comments:

  1. 2. For me its like 33-45%, maybe less, because of the previous decaeds. Its easy if you know what your talking about and explain why you hate it though.

    3.
    1. Boring, but kinda nica. (4.5/10)
    2. Never heard
    3. Never heard
    4. Terrible, easily one of the worst Maroon 5 songs I've ever heard.
    5. Love the indie rock/pop sound in this.
    6. Never heard
    7. Shawn Mendes + White guy with acoustic guitar = Shit

    4.
    Uptown Funk: 10/10
    Blank Space 10/10
    Shut Up & Dance 9.5
    Sugar 10/10
    Want To Want Me 8/10
    Thinking Out Loud 5.5/10
    Love Me Like You Do 10/10
    Style 9.5/10
    See You Again 9/10
    Jealous 1.5/10

    6.
    5. We Belong Together- Mariah Carey
    4. I Will Always Love You- Whitney Houston
    3. Macarena- Los Del Rio/Bayside Boys Mix
    2. Smooth- Santana/Rob Thomas
    1. One Sweet Day- Mariah Carey/Boyz II Men

    7.
    5. Birthday- Selena Gomez
    4. Bubble Butt- Major Lazer/Bruno Mars/2 Chains/Tyga/Mystic
    3. Stupid Hoe- Nicki Minaj
    2. London Bridge- Fergie
    1. Fack- Eminem

    8. Probably Dear Mama- 2Pac, California Love- 2Pac, Hypnotize and Mo Money Mo Problems both by the Notorious B.I.G., or Lose Yourself by Eminem.

    9. Good.

    10. No, and I don't plan on it Daniel.

    11. My name's Blurryface and I care what you think.

    12. Its actually Closer blocking Starboy on the Hot 100 for me.

    13. Yes I do, I also watch Spectrum Pulse and his Billboard Breakdown.

    14. Uptown Funk definitely.

    15. A number of them, but none I can think off the top of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post and congrats on 10k! I did just listen to She Knows and I like it. It's nothing amazing though. My favorite rap songs of all-time (not by Eminem) include Can't Hold Us, White Walls, and Thrift Shop by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Post To Be by Omarion, and Fancy and Black Widow by Iggy Azalea, just to name a few. My favorites of this year are Don't Hurt Me, Don't Mind, 679, Get Ugly, In My Room, anything from Major Key, anything from Views, Luv, Wait For It, Want Her, and anything from Mad Lifey. I'm probably forgetting a few but those are the ones I can think of for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post and congrats on 10k, Charlie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.
      My name is Charlie.
      It's Charles, actually.

      Delete
  4. Question 1:
    I think there will be 20 questions.

    Question 2:
    I usually hate songs because they're overplayed.

    Question 3:
    Only for the songs that I heard.
    Love Me Now (5/10) Okay I guess.
    Play That Song (9/10) This is a really good song.
    Don't Wanna Know (9.5/10) Really catchy song.
    The Sound (7/10) Good, but not great.
    Treat You Better (10/10) Best song on the list.

    Question 4:
    Uptown Funk (8/10) green
    Blank Space (9.5/10) green
    Shut Up And Dance (5.5/10) blue
    Sugar (9/10) green
    Want To Want Me (8.5/10) green
    Thinking Out Loud (7/10) green
    Love Me Like You Do (10/10) purple
    Style (9.5/10) green
    See You Again (9/10) green
    Jealous (9.5/10) green

    Question 9:
    I'm Keemia.

    Question 6:
    5. One Direction - Perfect
    4. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side
    3. Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
    2. Fifth Harmony/Kid Ink - Worth It
    1. Ariana Grande/Zedd - Break Free.

    Question 7:
    5. Mariah Carey - Touch My Body
    4. Jason Derulo - Get Ugly
    3. Kid Cudi - Erase Me
    2. Wax - Rosana
    1. Nicki Minaj - Anaconda

    Question 8:
    Definitely Fifth Harmony/Kid Ink - Worth It and also it was the hip hop song that did the best in my chart.

    Question 9:
    Pretty good and I have 4 As, a B, and a C.

    Question 10:
    No, I'm not a Pulse person.

    Question 11:
    ?

    Question 12:
    When Taylor Swift - Shake It Off prevented Ariana Grande/Zedd - Break Free to be #1.

    Question 13:
    I'm actually subscribed to Sirius XM Hits 1 on YouTube.

    Question 14:
    The best Billboard #1 will be 2012's, Gotye/Kimbra - Somebody That I Used To Know.

    Question 15:
    Fifth Harmony/Fetty Wap's Ghost - All In My Head (Flex)
    Jordan Fisher - All About Us
    Shawn Hook - Sound Of Your Heart
    Pitbull/Osmani Garcia/Lil Jon - El Taxi
    Ariana Grande - Focus
    Omi - Hula Hoop
    WALK THE MOON - Different Colors
    The Weeknd - The Hills
    Nicki Minaj - The Night Is Still Young
    Cody Simpson - New Problems
    Ryn Weaver - Octahate
    Charli XCX/Rita Ora - Doing It
    The Vamps/Shawn Mendes - Oh Cecilia
    Bra Miller - Young Blood
    Fergie - L.A. Love (La La)
    R5 - Heart Made Up On You
    Rixton - Wait On Me
    Becky G - Shower
    Kiësza - Hideaway
    The Madden Brothers - We Are Done
    Jason Derulo/Snoop Dogg - Wiggle
    G.R.L./Pitbull - Wild Wild Love
    Tiësto - Red Lights
    Timeflies - All The Way (Yes, 06/28/14 was a really bad week.)
    Phantogram - Fall In Love
    Bonnie McKee - American Girl
    The Summer Set - Boomerang
    Jennifer Lopez/Pitbull - Live It Up
    And many more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Add Ariana Grande/The Weeknd - Love Me Harder on the list of songs of the 15th question.

      Delete
    2. Question 15:
      If it was only for this year, then...
      Fifth Harmony/Fetty Wap's Ghost - All In My Head (Flex)
      Jordan Fisher - All About Us
      Shawn Hook - Sound Of Your Heart
      Pitbull/Osmani Garcia/Lil Jon - El Taxi

      Delete
    3. Side to Side in your top 5 already and no Work From Home in the top 5?

      Delete