Saturday, October 8, 2016

The Chainsmokers/Halsey (2) - October 8, 2016

Image result for closer the chainsmokers

That top 5 though. Wow. Did not expect that. Here are the exits this week:

Jacob Whitesides - Lovesick
Last Week: #28 | Peak: #17 | Weeks on Chart: 10

The 1975 - The Sound
Last Week: #32 | Peak: #07 | Weeks on Chart: 12

All Time Low - Missing You
Last Week: #42 | Peak: #22 | Weeks on Chart: 16


The Countdown:

45. Lukas Graham - 7 Years
Last Week: #44 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 32

44. Meghan Trainor - No
Last Week: #43 | Peak: #03 | Weeks on Chart: 31

43. Pink - Just Like Fire
Last Week: #39 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 24

42. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman
Last Week: #45 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 27

41. Panic! at the Disco - Victorious
Last Week: #40 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 47

40. Taylor Swift - New Romantics
Last Week: #37 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 32

39. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home
Last Week: #41 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 29

38. DNCE - Cake By the Ocean
Last Week: #38 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 45

37. Lukas Graham - Mama Said
Last Week: #36 | Peak: #18 | Weeks on Chart: 13

36. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took a Pill in Ibiza
Last Week: #33 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 25

35. Kenny Chesney/Pink - Setting the World on Fire
Last Week: #30 | Peak: #19 | Weeks on Chart: 08

34. Meghan Trainor - Me Too
Last Week: #34 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 18

33. Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes (DEBUT)
Last Week: #__ | Peak: #33 | Weeks on Chart: 01

32. AJR - I'm Not Famous
Last Week: #31 | Peak: #15 | Weeks on Chart: 10

31. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
Last Week: #27 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 42

30. Niall Horan - This Town (DEBUT)
Last Week: #__ | Peak: #30 | Weeks on Chart: 01

29. Demi Lovato - Body Say
Last Week: #29 | Peak: #13 | Weeks on Chart: 11

28. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
Last Week: #25 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 14

27. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy (DEBUT)
Last Week: #__ | Peak: #27 | Weeks on Chart: 01

26. OneRepublic - Kids
Last Week: #21 | Peak: #19 | Weeks on Chart: 04

25. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You
Last Week: #26 | Peak: #25 | Weeks on Chart: 03

24. Gnash/Olivia O' Brien/Deepend - I Hate U, I Love U
Last Week: #35 | Peak: #24 | Weeks on Chart: 02

23. Big Gigantic/Angela McCluskey - The Little Things
Last Week: #24 | Peak: #23 | Weeks on Chart: 02

22. The Strumbellas - Spirits
Last Week: #19 | Peak: #19 | Weeks on Chart: 06

21. Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion
Last Week: #22 | Peak: #20 | Weeks on Chart: 04

20. Panic! at the Disco - Death of a Bachelor
Last Week: #23 | Peak: #20 | Weeks on Chart: 03

19. Kiiara - Gold
Last Week: #20 | Peak: #19 | Weeks on Chart: 04

18. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore
Last Week: #10 | Peak: #08 | Weeks on Chart: 17

17. Calvin Harris - My Way
Last Week: #18 | Peak: #17 | Weeks on Chart: 03

16. 5 Seconds of Summer - Girls Talk Boys
Last Week: #15 | Peak: #10 | Weeks on Chart: 12

15. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty
Last Week: #14 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 22

14. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ - Cold Water
Last Week: #16 | Peak: #14 | Weeks on Chart: 06

13. Twenty One Pilots - Ride
Last Week: #17 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 27

12. Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You
Last Week: #11 | Peak: #11 | Weeks on Chart: 06

11. Coldplay/Beyoncé/SeeB - Hymn For the Weekend
Last Week: #13 | Peak: #07 | Weeks on Chart: 08

10. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This is What You Came For
Last Week: #09 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 20

09. Ariana Grande - Into You
Last Week: #07 | Peak: #07 | Weeks on Chart: 10

08. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
Last Week: #06 | Peak: #05 | Weeks on Chart: 16

07. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
Last Week: #08 | Peak: #07 | Weeks on Chart: 26

06. Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving
Last Week: #12 | Peak: #06 | Weeks on Chart: 04

05. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down
Last Week: #05 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 21

04. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling
Last Week: #04 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 20

03. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
Last Week: #03 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 18

02. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
Last Week: #02 | Peak: #02 | Weeks on Chart: 09

01. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
Last Week: #01 | Peak: #01 | Weeks on Chart: 08

Biggest Drop: Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (-8)
Biggest Jump: Gnash/Olivia O' Brien/Deepend - I Hate U, I Love U (+11)

#1 one year ago this week: Shawn Mendes - Stitches (1)

If I Could Blurble This Up, Blurble Blurble This Up I Would
First debut is Fresh Eyes. I grew out of this one a month ago, but I grew back into it and love it more than I ever have. It's catchy and my favorite part is, well, the blurb title.

This Town is a disappointment for a former One Direction member. It's not like Zayn's Pillowtalk. I'm hoping something better is released from him.

Finally, we have Starboy from The Weeknd and Daft Punk, who had the hit Get Lucky from 2013. It debuted at #2 on #40Friday. Now it's #9, but I still like it a lot. It's one of The Weeknd's best.

One year ago this week, Victorious debuted. Very crazy.

If New Romantics leaves before 7 Years, I will be very mad. It doesn't make sense either because 7 Years peaked at #5 while New Romantics hit #1 for 2 weeks.

When was the last week Stressed Out was out of the top 30? Its debut date, December 25, 2015, 41 weeks ago. What a run.

I think that Body Say will leave soon.

Our debuts were all 3 spots apart.

Here's a question: What is up with Let Me Love You's tenure? It should be in the top 15 by now, yet it's not even in the top 20.

I predicted that We Don't Talk Anymore would drop 30 spots and it only dropped 8. But I'm not even kidding when I say that the exact same thing happened to The Chainsmokers/Rozes - Roses once. I predicted it would drop from #10 to #40 and it actually dropped from #10 to #18. How cool is that?!?!

Um, Girls Talk Boys is higher on this chart than it is on mine? Huh?

Once again we have a small biggest drop.

The album with year-old Hide Away on it has finally been released! It's called Sit Still, Look Pretty, and it's from Daya, of course.

Starving hit the top 10 on its fourth week.

I'm so relieved that Can't Stop the Feeling didn't hit #1. I really thought it would hit #1, or at least the top 2.

My top 5:
5. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
4. Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes
3. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy
2. Calvin Harris - My Way
1. Big Gigantic/Angela McCluskey - The Little Things

My bottom 5:
5. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore
4. Kenny Chesney/Pink - Setting the World on Fire
3. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This is What You Came For
2. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling
1. Lukas Graham - 7 Years


Top 20 Review:

0 (Crap): None

1 (Bad): None


2 (Close to Bad):
20. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling
19. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This is What You Came For
18. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore
17. Flume/Kai - Never Be Like You

3 (Decent):
16. Ariana Grande - Into You
15. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
14. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
13. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
12. Coldplay/Beyoncé/SeeB - Hymn For the Weekend
11. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty
10. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down
9. Twenty One Pilots - Ride
8. X Ambassadors - Unsteady

4 (Good):
7. Kiiara - Gold
6. Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving

5 (Great):
5. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ - Cold Water
4. 5 Seconds of Summer - Girls Talk Boys
3. Panic! at the Disco - Death of a Bachelor
2. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
1. Calvin Harris - My Way

Total: 68/100 (Alright)


Hit-Bound:
  • Ellie Goulding - Still Falling For You
  • Bruno Mars - 24K Magic (DEBUT)
  • Bastille - Good Grief
  • Pitbull/Flo Rida/Lunchmoney Lewis - Greenlight
  • Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
  • Nick Jonas - Bacon
  • Jon Bellion - All Time Low (DEBUT)
  • Jason Derulo - Kiss the Sky
  • Magic! - Red Dress
  • Mike Posner - Be as You Are
  • Runaground - Chase You Down
  • DNCE - Body Moves
  • Alessia Cara - Scars to Your Beautiful (DEBUT)
  • Kungs/Cookin' on 3 Burners - This Girl
This is the fifth week in a row where a song is new to Hits 1 on its release week (9/10-Perfect Illusion, 9/17-My Way, 9/24-Starboy, 10/1-Body Moves/This Town, 10/8-24K Magic

My top 5:
5. Ellie Goulding - Still Falling For You
4. Bastille - Good Grief
3. Runaground - Chase You Down
2. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
1. Nick Jonas - Bacon

Recommendations for Hits 1: Jacob Sartorius - All My Friends and Spencer Ludwig - Diggy (The latter might actually make Hits 1, it's been getting a few thousand Spotify plays every day)

Most Missed Song: Justin Bieber (/Ed Sheeran) - Love Yourself (Heard this on my local radio station, 106.1 BLI)

31 comments:

  1. I feel like Hits One used to have just 3 most wutchuwanted songs each week, now they have like 5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's good that there's actually some competition nowadays :P

      Delete
  2. I'm grading these following countdowns...
    09/01/12 C-
    05/10/14 C
    09/03/16 D-
    06/06/15 D
    01/21/12 D+
    02/04/12 D-
    11/26/11 D
    07/09/11 A+
    09/10/11 F
    10/12/13 B-
    09/06/14 B-
    12/21/13 B
    08/24/13 C+
    05/21/16 B+
    05/03/14 C
    10/08/11 C-
    05/28/11 D+
    08/15/15 C
    04/05/14 D-
    09/28/13 B
    02/16/13 D
    08/11/12 C-
    10/24/15 A+
    11/24/12 B-
    11/05/11 F
    07/13/13 F
    04/04/15 D-
    01/26/13 F
    12/07/13 C+
    02/19/11 B-
    12/01/12 C
    02/15/14 F
    10/08/16 B-
    09/03/11 C-
    06/21/14 C+
    07/27/13 D+
    09/05/15 D
    01/05/13 D
    11/10/12 B+
    01/09/16 B-
    08/04/12 A
    12/26/15 D+
    10/05/13 C+
    01/02/16 D
    01/03/15 F
    03/02/13 C+
    08/09/14 C-
    12/19/15 C+
    07/04/15 B+
    06/23/12 D-

    Lol I do have a good memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about:
      12/06/14
      01/10/15
      11/07/15
      05/14/16
      07/16/16

      Delete
    2. Too bad no one remembers or fucking cares as much as you do.

      Delete
    3. 12/06/14 B
      01/10/15 A-
      11/07/15 C-
      05/14/16 B+
      07/16/16 D

      Delete
  3. You know, let me ask you this: seeing as CSTF is clearly testing your patience at this point, if you had been doing this in 2015, do you think you would have lost your mind over Uptown Funk, Shut Up and Dance, Thinking Out Loud and all the Taylor Swift being spammed throughout the year? Because as I mentioned before (if it isn't obvious), quite a few people did. :P And it's part of what they believe caused them to enter the dark ages then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here we go:

      Uptown Funk: I really like it so I wouldn't have lost my mind. I probably would have put it in yellow though.

      Shut Up and Dance: I would probably lose my mind and would put it in red. Kinda like CSTF. I still like it today.

      Thinking Out Loud: Since it's good but nothing amazing, I probably would have put it in red sometime since it was overstaying its time on the countdown.

      Taylor Swift songs: Shake it Off, Blank Space, Bad Blood, and Out of the Woods were her four best from the album and I would probably never get super sick of them. But I probably would have lost my mind over Style and I would have put it in yellow/red because it was very high up when it was very old, like Drag Me Down. I probably would have put Wildest Dreams in yellow too.

      Delete
    2. Well, for what it's worth, Uptown Funk didn't block anything from hitting #1, in fact I think the four weeks that it was, the #2 was either Thinking Out Loud or Blank Space. And its run here wasn't the same as its run on the Hot 100 :P

      And I can safely say that CSTF is SUAD all over again, not only by hogging the #1 spot, but actually blocking significant songs from taking the top like Just Like Fire and Cheap Thrills. The only song that never hit #1 because of SUAD was Cool For The Summer, but Bad Blood was #2 behind it for like four weeks or so.

      And yeah, as I mentioned before, the thing with Thinking Out Loud is that they felt like a slow love song wasn't something that needed to stay that long.

      Although Style was my favorite of that bunch, yeah it was noticeable how high up it was just after it had left the Hot 100.

      Delete
    3. You know, I once thought what it would be like if Paul Walker didn't die and See You Again didn't exist.

      The results: SUAD was #2 every week See You Again was #1. This means that SUAD would have spent 16 weeks at the top spot. Or...if Hits 1 was trying to create drama, I think CFTS (not to be confused with CSTF) would have hit #1 twice and Stitches would have gotten an extra two weeks at #1, for a total of 5.

      Delete
    4. And this is how I would rank the 1989 singles:
      1. Shake it Off (10/10)
      2. Blank Space (10/10)
      3. Bad Blood (10/10)
      4. Out of the Woods (10/10)
      5. New Romantics (9.5/10 overall, 7/10 now)
      6. Style (9/10)
      7. Wildest Dreams (8.5/10)

      Overall rating: 67/70, 9.6/10

      Delete
    5. And let's not forget, Uptown Funk more than likely would've broken the record for weeks on top of the Hot 100 :P (It was #2 for SYA's first three weeks at #1, if memory serves)

      My ratings for the 1989 singles:
      Shake It Off: alternates between pink (decent) and blue (good)
      Blank Space: green (great)
      Style: green
      Bad Blood: turquoise (bad)
      Wildest Dreams: green
      Out Of the Woods: See Shake It Off
      New Romantics: blue

      Delete
    6. Just wondering, have you always hated Bad Blood? Why do you hate it?

      Delete
  4. #1 Recommendation for .: D.R.A.M./Lil Yachty - Broccoli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://40friday.blogspot.com/2016/10/october-7-2016.html

      Look at #30. :)

      Delete
  5. Is Deepend the guy in the IHY,ILY remix?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ., did you remember listening to Alessia Cara - Here?

    ReplyDelete
  7. #1 Recommendation for .: MAROON 5/Kendrick Lamar - Don't Wanna Know

    ReplyDelete
  8. #1 Recommendation For .: G Hannelius - Two In A Billion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've heard it before, but I don't remember how it goes or sounds.

      Delete
  9. Probably 2 exits this week but 10/22/16 needs to be the 6-8 exit week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least this isn't Miles blog TBH.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, we need some activity. I'd take 5+ exits one week.

      Delete
  10. Guess the number of exits these following weekend countdowns have.
    05/21/16
    08/23/14
    01/22/11
    04/11/15
    11/03/12
    04/20/13
    03/17/12
    10/03/15
    05/12/12
    09/01/12
    01/25/14
    06/21/14
    07/27/13
    03/12/11
    02/25/12
    12/28/13
    05/07/11
    12/15/12
    11/23/13
    07/23/11
    07/06/13
    10/01/16
    06/09/12
    04/09/11
    04/04/15
    03/26/16
    03/05/16
    05/28/11
    11/24/12
    09/21/13
    08/15/15
    06/25/16
    11/09/13
    01/02/16
    06/30/12
    12/22/12
    08/13/16
    12/13/14
    07/09/16
    11/12/11
    03/19/16
    07/30/11
    06/11/11
    06/06/15
    03/16/13
    10/04/14
    07/30/16
    10/27/12
    09/26/15
    10/13/12

    I'm going to guess one too.
    12/14/13 4 Exits

    ReplyDelete