Saturday, April 9, 2016

DNCE (1) - April 9, 2016

Unfortunately, we said goodbye to a three great and catchy songs this week. But we said hello to three new, catchy songs this week.

Exits: (Charlie didn't announce this.)
MØ - Kamikaze (#23) (NO!! This is not happening. It was most likely because of the lack of airplay. I was going to put Kamikaze in purple this week, but...of course, it left. I hope this is not the end.)
Elle King - Ex's & Oh's (#30)
Taylor Swift - Wildest Dreams (#42)

Countdown:
45. Jason Derulo - Get Ugly (#43)
44. Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats - S.O.B. (#33)
43. Daya - Hide Away (#45)
42. Grace - You Don't Own Me (Debut)
41. Rihanna/Drake - Work (#41)
40. Coldplay - Adventure of a Lifetime (#44) (Comeback)
39. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - I Know What You Did Last Summer (#27)
38. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (Debut)
37. One Direction - Drag Me Down (#37)
36. Adele - When We Were Young (#28)
35. Ellie Goulding - On My Mind (#34)
34. Taylor Swift - Out of the Woods (#32)
33. Selena Gomez - Same Old Love (#31)
32. Shawn Hook - Sound of Your Heart (#38)
31. The Weeknd - In the Night (#39) (Comeback)
30. Rachel Platten - Stand By You (#9)
29. Demi Lovato - Confident (#29)
28. We the Kings - The Story of Tonight (#26) (No chance at top 20?)
27. Justin Bieber - Sorry (#20)
26. James Bay - Let it Go (#35) (Finally) (Comeback)
25. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (Debut)
24. Elle King - America's Sweetheart (#40)
23. Tryon - Somebody to Love Me (#36)
22. Charlie Puth - One Call Away (#3) (Lack of airplay)
21. Dawin - Dessert (#21)
20. Adele - Hello (#6)
19. Meghan Trainor - No (#18)
18. G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself & I (#19)
17. One Direction - History (#24)
16. Ellie Goulding - Something in the Way You Move (#8)
15. Troye Sivan - Youth (#14)
14. Lukas Graham - 7 Years (#13)
13. Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#22) (YAY) (Second-Favorite)
12. 5 Seconds of Summer - Jet Black Heart (#16) (No thanks.)
11. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home (#15)
10. Panic! at the Disco - Victorious (#11)
9. The Chainsmokers/Rozes - Roses (#17)
8. Fall Out Boy/Demi Lovato - Irresistible (#25) (Why???)
7. Justin Bieber/Ed Sheeran - Love Yourself (#10)
6. Selena Gomez - Hands to Myself (#12)
5. One Direction - Perfect (#5)
4. Flo Rida - My House (#1)
3. Zayn - Pillowtalk (#7)
2. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#4)
1. DNCE - Cake by the Ocean (#2)

Biggest Drop: Rachel Platten - Stand By You (-21) (Lack of airplay)

Biggest Jump: Fall Out Boy/Demi Lovato - Irresistible (+17)

Entering:

I'm happy the three entrants made the countdown.

Grace - You Don't Own Me is good. I don't think my mother is happy about it making the countdown though. She doesn't like it.

Twenty One Pilots - Ride is good too. It's as good as Stressed Out.*

Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman is good too.

Comments:
I'm starting to like Elle King - America's Sweetheart. I didn't really like the part when she screamed, "I'M NOT AMERICA'S SWEETHEART!!!". I do like it a little now. But Ex's & Oh's was much better. Unfortunately that left this week. I fear there will never be another song like you.

Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - I Know What You Did Last Summer might be on its way out next week. Possibly the same for Adele - When We Were Young in two or three weeks.

Adele - Hellhas dropped 14 spots to #20. #20. #20. The lowest it's gotten on the countdown.

I ended up putting Fifth Harmony - Work From Home in purple. It might not be next week.

Anyone else sick of Zayn - Pillowtalk?

I'm happy DNCE - Cake by the Ocean hit #1. I had a dream in late March that it hit #1. It definitely was late timing, but I'm happy.

Possible #1 songs next week:
3. Zayn - Pillowtalk (#7)
2. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#4)
1. DNCE - Cake by the Ocean (#2)

Possible exits next week:
37. One Direction - Drag Me Down (#37)
39. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - I Know What You Did Last Summer (#27)
41. Rihanna/Drake - Work (#41)
43. Daya - Hide Away (#45)
44. Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats - S.O.B. (#33)
45. Jason Derulo - Get Ugly (#43)


*...Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-iiiiiiii-ide...taking my time on my riiiiiiiiiii-iiii-ide...

No comments:

Post a Comment